1980 FUE Grafts | Dr. Shapiro & Dr. Josephitis (SMG) | Round 2 (Nov 13, 2023)

hybonix

3 Month Update (2.13.24)

• I have had some shock loss of native hairs from the transplant, so that hurts a little
    • Not sure if those hairs will come back or not
  • Lots of new hairs are sprouting
  • Not much to report, but I look forward to things thickening up
  • I hope more progress comes in Month 4, but it's still super early. I can't wait until Month 6
  • I took pictures after a shower, so hair is a tiny bit wet

image.thumb.jpeg.9061d7c8ca803931f186a6f68aceb9e7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2a6c48e22b741548320c729e14ae9774.jpeg

LeftRight3Mo.thumb.jpg.36f74b2ff5685a8785863e9f52f89e4b.jpg

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 1

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

Thanks for the update .Looks very good for 3 months. 

Your hair from your first transplant is growing back and also your new hairs are coming.

Cheers. 

Edited by parsia

• 3 weeks later...

Hey OP thanks for posting your journey. Curious why did you chose FUE over FUT? Was it mostly the scaring? Also did Dr. Josephitis mention anything on why it looked see through the first time? Could you have yielded more growth with FUT?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

4 Month Update (3.13.24)

• I took pictures after a shower, so my hair is a tiny bit wet
  • Folks, this is super harsh light by the way. I am literally under my mirror light in the bathroom. It looks really good in darker conditions!
  • The close ups also make things look “sparse” but want to document as accurately as possible
  • Lots of new hairs sprouting
  • Things are beginning to thicken up as well!
  • My left temple hairs have not grown in. I feel like SMG may need to step their game up regarding temple work in general.

image.thumb.jpeg.2468cfea23fbcc10c8dbbb0f4b9c70b2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e9adacb430dcbaa6eaeb4121cbc9d900.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cd22fee4d76cafd8d02e605d6a161302.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b0c405fdfe7e881f3d1e75b53ae60b61.jpeg

Edited by hybonix
  • Like 2

Danny

Thanks for being on time and always update your thread very punctually on 13th of each month.

I can see your hairs are improving as you mentioned  especially on side photos , Its very obvious it is getting fuller now. 

I know you wanted more density on your left side of your hairline after your 1st surgery , When you mentioned "SMG needs to step up their game on temple"  , Do you think the number of density of grafts was not enough for your hair transplant or do you think those grafts  just didn't yield as good as other side? 

15 hours ago, parsia said:

I know you wanted more density on your left side of your hairline after your 1st surgery , When you mentioned "SMG needs to step up their game on temple"  , Do you think the number of density of grafts was not enough for your hair transplant or do you think those grafts  just didn't yield as good as other side? 

Maybe both? I just feel like my temple grafts do not yield as much as others on these forums. It's a little uneven, but it is what it is.

Also, here is another shot of my hair today in neutral light:

image.thumb.png.ec8223824072858ddcba24dd3ae879f1.png

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, hybonix said:

Maybe both? I just feel like my temple grafts do not yield as much as others on these forums. It's a little uneven, but it is what it is.

Also, here is another shot of my hair today in neutral light:

image.thumb.png.ec8223824072858ddcba24dd3ae879f1.png

Thank you for your reply and also your picture. I'm also at month 6 with Dr.Shapiro and happy with my result so far , My left side is also weaker at this moment , But I have to wait to make a judgment call. 

In neutral light your hair looks very good considering you have another 8 months to go and its pretty soon. 

As far as temple if I'm not mistaken you are more referring to your temple peak when it connects to the hairline ( Not temple point by itself ) , You can confirm that with Dr.Shapiro but from what I know he doesn't want both sides to look even and symmetrical to provide more natural look and I think he intentionally designed them differently  to do not be even. 

Edited by parsia

• Administrators

@hybonix

So happy to see your updates. I think you’re looking good. It’s improving and at 4 months, this is looking very promising 🙌

C7709571-262E-461F-A740-547A8EE73A97.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...