Help wanted, Hattingen or Laorwong

Hi, All, First time post here :)

I wanted to express my gratitude to all the contributors in this forum. Your insights have been incredibly helpful and saved me from potentially making a hasty decision, preventing me from regrettable experiences.

I've recently decided to cancel my December HT with HLC due to several factors and some reservations I had about proceeding with them. After thorough research and consultations with various surgeons, my options have narrowed down to Hattingen and Laorwong.

I recently had a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Laorwong over Zoom. Despite him being a man of few words, I was able to communicate with him, the conversation turned out later as if two friends were catching up. anyway, I found him to be highly experienced, ethical, and responsive to all my questions.

I have another one-on-one call scheduled with Dr. Sever next week.

The decision-making process is making me a bit nervous and hesitant. Most of the results from Hattingen that I've come across involve FUT surgery, and I'm not entirely confident in their FUE expertise and outcomes.

I've come across numerous results from Dr. Laorwong, and I must say I'm impressed with a significant portion of them, particularly  @Jamos1982  @A_4_Archan HT and https://www.reddit.com/r/HairTransplants/s/QMOIZxG3JH.

Considering my Norwood V stage, both surgeons have quoted over 4000 grafts for the first FUE session. My instincts are leaning toward choosing Dr. Laorwong.

Appreciate any insights or advice you can provide.

They are both great choices and ethical doctors. And yes hattingen hair are more known fur fut megassesions but their fue results are on pare with their fut results.

Meine recommendation would be to have a consultation with both, ask dr. sever about fue vs fut in your case, ask them to send you fue results from them similar to your case, ask dr. laorwong the same questions and then go with the clinic that you fell more comfortable with. In my view they are both top clinics and patient focused.

• Administrators

If you’re a Norwood 5+ Hattingen is a good choice. I really like Dr. Laorwongs hairlines.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'd say agree if you're NW5 + and destined for further hair loss, you should heavily consider FUT unless you just cannot forsee living with a scar. 

While known a lot for big FUT sessions, Hattingen have been doing FUE for a long time and take the craft as seriously. 

If you decide to remain with with FUE, noth have great track records so it will come down to a degree of personal preference and feel the most comfortable with. Then you can start considering elements like cost / travel. 

Not seen much of the other doctor you mentioned but I’ve been particularly impressed with Hattingen. I’m booked with them for a FUT in a couple of weeks. As some have suggested and i agree an FUT for NW5 with Hattingen would be a very sensible approach. 

• Valued Contributor

If you are a good candidate for fut than hattingen is no brainer bt if you are going with fue thn i think its a 50/50 though i would lean towards laorwong as i personally have seen excellent work from him..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 11/22/2023 at 12:10 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

is hattingen using verteporfin?

if no then id seriously consider waiting until more results from dr.bloxham are out…there is a big chance big nasty fut scars are a thing of the past soon

Bloxham and Bargouthi are the only ones trying even trialing verteporfin.

Pitella and Mohebi have agreed but jot started. 
There’s a long time until it becomes a commercially available treatment.

appreciate all feedbacks 🙂

On 11/29/2023 at 4:48 PM, 2ndchance said:

@hdr13what did you decide? How long do you have to wait with dr laorwong and what's his price per graft or you get a better price for 4000 grafts? Good luck anyhow !

pulled the trigger with laorwong, i liked more his hairline works, there a case here for dr sever which make me more hesitant (its 6 months result but with no more updates cant put the link look like the search engine isn’t working). 
anyway laorwong request 80 bhat per graft regardless the amount, last time spoke with him (mid Nov) he proposed Mar free days, so its look like his waiting list around 3-4 days, you can ask for early surgery and he will update if there some cancellation, etc.