Will more hair sprout after 5 months or did they overpack the hairline?

I've cut the hair at 5 months to see the density better. I see a lot of people saying 5 months is only 40% of results, but I can't find any studies that back this up. I see a lot of people at 5 months with really good density, just not thick yet. 

4 months.JPG

5 months right.JPG

10 days right side.JPG

10 days.JPG

left side 5 months.JPG

Edited by larusx
Added description

Just give it more time. If you look deep in the forum most everyone that questions their results at this time have it come in later. No way to tell until 10-12 months. 

• Valued Contributor

At 5 months the fun has only really just began a few weeks prior, so you'd certainly not expect to see full density yet, even with early growth. So on that front, you do have more time.

That said, I'm seeing other issues. The grafts are growing out in some rather curious directions (more time and length needed to see if this will resolve) and you appear to have an awful lot of multigraft hairs in the hairline - lots of thick double graft hairs. The actual hairline shape/design look quite nice with the natural recession points.

Which clinic did this for you?

@larusx,

New transplanted hair growth typically only begins between 3 to 5 months after hair transplant surgery.

The new transplanted hair typically grows in thin, fine and colorless and overtime, it thickens, darkens and matures.  This process typically takes 12 to 18 months.

Keep in mind that surgical hair restoration is progressive and as a result, each month you will see more and more growth and thickening of the existing hairs. At 5 months, you are still in the very early days so as long as you’ve chosen wisely when selecting a physician, you should have much more growth and thickening to come.

Best wishes,

Patient Advocate - Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.