1 month post FUE. Still very red and a little numb. Is this normal?

19 minutes ago, BaldV said:

I was also very red at this point and it slowly subsided at month 4-5. But I have another question, how much did you lower your hairline? Can you post some pre-op pictures?

I have just uploaded some pictures, awaiting for them to be approved. Hairline wasn’t lowered too much. 

Normal. The higher density, the more redness and the slower it goes down - that's my take on it. I'm still a little bit red at 4.5 months, although it is decreasing week by week.

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

Looks on track to me.  I'm at almost 7 weeks and there is still redness but it is slowly fading.  The numbness was more of a surprise.   I still have a lot of numbness but I think it is very slowly getting better.  I wasn't expecting that but I think it is fairly normal.  At this point, just trying to occupy my time to get through the 2-3 month period while it heals and not much growing going on.  Good luck!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cooper48 said:

Looks on track to me.  I'm at almost 7 weeks and there is still redness but it is slowly fading.  The numbness was more of a surprise.   I still have a lot of numbness but I think it is very slowly getting better.  I wasn't expecting that but I think it is fairly normal.  At this point, just trying to occupy my time to get through the 2-3 month period while it heals and not much growing going on.  Good luck!

That’s reassuring, thanks to everyone who replied. Really great to have a place to share experiences 

2 hours ago, Cooper48 said:

Good luck with your HT journey too! 

Mine was really red until about 4 months and slowly has been subsiding. 

I don't recall feeling numb in the front, but that could be because I had FUT and the back was really numb which may have taken away from even thinking about the front.

Best of luck sir.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrmajified said:

Mine was really red until about 4 months and slowly has been subsiding. 

I don't recall feeling numb in the front, but that could be because I had FUT and the back was really numb which may have taken away from even thinking about the front.

Best of luck sir.

Thanks for the info buddy. I feel a lot better now it appears to be the norm. 

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Looks great. Seems like all the redness is gone.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Give it more time..the redness should start to dissipate and should it continue to linger, there are steroid based creams that can potentially help.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY