Should I Get a Transplant? Look At My Pics

Hi guys. So I'm hotly debating whether to get a transplant or not. In the 1st pic, I'm able to style my hair and it doesnt look like I need a transplant. In the 2nd pic, when I push my hair back, theres areas of hair loss. Fyi, I recruit some hairs from the side to loop it over on the front at add volume.

My great concern is the transplant not working out and causing permanent shock loss to the area of hair that gives me my hairstyle. This is whats making me hesitant about getting one.

Let me know what you think.. thanks guys.

1a.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by wprevil

• wprevil changed the title to Should I Get a Transplant? Look At My Pics

We need to see more photos that you'll spread the center area to see if it's empty enough.

I myself had a procedure with existing native hair without demolish it.

Will be best to see in a video using a brush or comb.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

39 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

How old are you and are you on medication and for how long?

Hi Gatsby.. I'm 51... and no I can't take any meds because my pre-existing medical condition prevents me from meds.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

At a guess from the pics supplied at 51 your hair loss will to large degree stabilized due to your age. If you are on finasteride your hair loss can be more or else halted if you are a good responder. Worrying about 'permanent' shock loss is more associated with going to hair mills in Turkey. If you do your research on here with elite surgeon results posted by patients you should be fine. All the best.

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, wprevil said:

Hi Gatsby.. I'm 51... and no I can't take any meds because my pre-existing medical condition prevents me from meds.

Well you still have your age in your favour and the amount of native hair you have still retained for 51. 👍

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

At a guess from the pics supplied at 51 your hair loss will to large degree stabilized due to your age. If you are on finasteride your hair loss can be more or else halted if you are a good responder.

You mention finasteride like youre strongly urging me to use it. To emphasis again, I cannot take any meds due to a pre-existing medical condition.

Worrying about 'permanent' shock loss is more associated with going to hair mills in Turkey. If you do your research on here with elite surgeon results posted by patients you should be fine. All the best.

I'll be seeing Couto. But I did read that no matter how good a doctor is, shock loss may still occur. Skillful doctors don't guarantee against shock loss. Again, this is based on what I've read. Let me know what you think.

Edited by wprevil

For 51 years old your hairloss doesn't seem aggressive especially when you have no crown hairloss, probably you reached your final DHT pattern, meaning it can be right for you to cover the frontal area.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

On 10/29/2023 at 6:38 PM, Doron Harati said:

For 51 years old your hairloss doesn't seem aggressive especially when you have no crown hairloss, probably you reached your final DHT pattern, meaning it can be right for you to cover the frontal area.

Hey Doron,

Greatly appreciate your encouraging words. I'm worried that shock loss could destroy the hairs on my scalp that I use to give me a combover to hide my hair loss. Please let me know what you think and I look forward to your reply!

From these photos I cannot say for sure if some native hairs will be destroyed, the clinic you booked with should inform you this.

I believe this work can be done without hurting the native hairs with a good surgeon.

Edited by Doron Harati

@wprevil,

I think it’s good that you are here researching your hair restoration options before taking the plunge. But at the end of the day, only you can decide whether or not Hair Transplant surgery is for you. Nobody here can tell you whether or not you should or should not undergo surgical hair restoration based on photos or your situation. They can only provide you with their opinion. 

All that to say, it does seem that you have undergone a slightly above moderate amount of hair loss and based on photos alone, there’s a possibility that you would be a good candidate.  On the other hand, it does seem that you have the ability to style your hair in such a way that conceals your hair loss and portrays the illusion of a fuller looking out of hair. So the question is, does your hair loss bother you enough to consider restoring your hair surgically or are you satisfied with styling your hair in such a way to hide it?

now, if you are considering hair transplant surgery, I suggest researching the procedure and the best physicians to perform it. If you are interested in information session with Dr. Rahal, feel free to send me a private message and I’ll be happy to set this up for you. Dr. Rahal is highly recommended by this community and is a highly esteemed member of the coalition which is the highest form of membership on this site based on an ongoing demonstration of producing outstanding results. You can simply do a search for Dr. Rahal on this forum to see what his patients are saying about him.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:44 PM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@wprevil,

If you are interested in information session with Dr. Rahal, feel free to send me a private message and I’ll be happy to set this up for you.

Appreciate the recommendation of Rahal. But I had a friend who went to see Rahal for an in-person consultation. Unfortunately, Rahal told him that he cannot work on diffuse hair. So at this point I'm booked to see a doctor far more skilled than Rahal and is well known to work with diffuse hair.

But thanks anyway.

13 hours ago, wprevil said:

Appreciate the recommendation of Rahal. But I had a friend who went to see Rahal for an in-person consultation. Unfortunately, Rahal told him that he cannot work on diffuse hair. So at this point I'm booked to see a doctor far more skilled than Rahal and is well known to work with diffuse hair.

But thanks anyway.

'Far more skilled than Rahal'.... Haha, jeez. Rahal is cautious yes, but is also very, very skilled. Don't mistake caution for lack of skill

On 10/29/2023 at 9:43 PM, wprevil said:

You mention finasteride like youre strongly urging me to use it. To emphasis again, I cannot take any meds due to a pre-existing medical condition.

I'll be seeing Couto. But I did read that no matter how good a doctor is, shock loss may still occur. Skillful doctors don't guarantee against shock loss. Again, this is based on what I've read. Let me know what you think.

My understanding is that men over the age of 50 are less affected by DHT, so you might be able to forgo using Finasteride at this point. Senile alopecia typically occurs after this age. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but this is what I recall from my readings.

2 hours ago, Steady45 said:

'Far more skilled than Rahal'.... Haha, jeez. Rahal is cautious yes, but is also very, very skilled. Don't mistake caution for lack of skill

Not as skilled as a surgeon who works with diffuse hair apparently.

9 minutes ago, alexmillne said:

My understanding is that men over the age of 50 are less affected by DHT, so you might be able to forgo using Finasteride at this point.

It has nothing to do with DHT. There are cases of people who have had procedures without the aid of fin and have had amazing results 6 months postop, even more so 6 more months later