Will Economy Seating on Plane Potentially Mess Up My Transplant?

Hi guys.. After my hair transplant surgery in Spain, I'll be on a return flight back to USA. It  it ok to buy economy seats? Is it possible the tight spacing of economy could mess up my transplant? Anyone flew economy with no issues? I'm trying to save a few bucks.

14 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

No it will be fine. Just take all of the cautionary advice from your surgeon and you will be fine. From my experience you are more likely to bang your head on a taxi door than during the flight. All the best. 

Hi gatsby.. appreciate your feedback. Do you think flying back home 6 days postop is a good amount of time for the safety of a transplant?

I want to be able to get it to heal enough for the flight back home. But I dont want to stay too long because I dont want to get my boss upset for lost days at work.

Edited by wprevil

I requested flight assistance (wheelchair) since I flew the day after and had my trip from 9:00 all the way till 17:00 local (gained an hour after flight).

To me it helped alot since I had to fly from Valencia do Amsterdam which is quite a populated airport then Amsterdam to Birmingham, I also had to stay 5H in Amsterdam before catching the connecting flight which got delayed, it was aprox 9H counting both trips + airport stay. 

My advise would be to take your time entering and exiting the taxi and try moving too quickly, always be on the lookout if outside (without being 200% paranoid obviously) and be ready to dodge if anything may come in the way of touching your head. I remember almost hitting a tree branch and having dodged it with quick reflexes. 😂

• Valued Contributor

You'll be fine - plenty of us have done it.

My advice is to book a window seat. You don't want people brushing past you in the aisle seat or to worry about the overhead baggage. Also before the boarding gate opens and people start to queue, ask a clerk if you can board first as you've had surgery and want to avoid the hustle-bustle when everyone is filing into the plane. They'll likely let you on first no issues.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, wprevil said:

Hi guys.. After my hair transplant surgery in Spain, I'll be on a return flight back to USA. It  it ok to buy economy seats? Is it possible the tight spacing of economy could mess up my transplant? Anyone flew economy with no issues? I'm trying to save a few bucks.

Yes, you’ll be fine. Wear the surgeons cap if you feel more comfortable.

Most importantly is to be careful exiting, the seat, and getting in and out of cars. Avoid this 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Honestly, I would have chosen business or first class…Always fly with comfort after such a long surgery..And less chances of damaging your head and getting close to people 

I understand. But I'll stay 6 days postop in Spain to heal a bit before flying back. I think thats the sweetspot

16 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

My advise would be to take your time entering and exiting the taxi and try moving too quickly, always be on the lookout if outside (without being 200% paranoid obviously) and be ready to dodge if anything may come in the way of touching your head. I remember almost hitting a tree branch and having dodged it with quick reflexes. 😂

I'll definitely grow eyes in the back of my head. Thanks man!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Berba11 said:

You'll be fine - plenty of us have done it.

My advice is to book a window seat. You don't want people brushing past you in the aisle seat or to worry about the overhead baggage. Also before the boarding gate opens and people start to queue, ask a clerk if you can board first as you've had surgery and want to avoid the hustle-bustle when everyone is filing into the plane. They'll likely let you on first no issues.

But dont you think its best to stay seated until everyone leaves the plane? Do you think being the last passenger to deplane is best?

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, wprevil said:

But dont you think its best to stay seated until everyone leaves the plane? Do you think being the last passenger to deplane is best?

Sure. Board first (like I said) and exit last.

But also don't overthink it. You'll be fine regardless in reality.

20 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Sure. Board first (like I said) and exit last.

Appreciate it. Would you do me a favor by giving me your opinion on my other thread? I really need your honest opinion.