Finasteride 1mg 3 times a week MWF

SoSoz

I've watched the Hair loss show video on youtube about finasteride dosage, they said that finasteride stays in blood only for around 6-8hrs but it stays in scalp for way longer so it's not necessary to take it every day. They said that MWF 3 mg per week should be enough. Is this really true? I am trying this approach for over a month now and I am wondering if I am just wasting my time with this and if should I take it every day instead.

From what I understand, each person responds differently to the medication. Some people may respond well to 1 mg/day without any side effects, some may respond well to 1 mg/day but may have side effects and may have to cut down the dosage to either lower dose every day or 1 mg MWF. Some people may have side effects even with 1 mg MWF and may have to switch to topical instead.

There is no harm in starting with 1 mg/day MWF and see how you respond a 6 months down the lane w.r.t growth/stability and side effects and then decide to continue or increase or decrease or switch to topical

or

You can start with 1 mg/day and if you see side effects reduce it then and if you still have side effects switch to topical.

No one knows for sure, it is different for different people and a trial and error process and what you think about results and side effects.

Edited by coffeeandpie

• Valued Contributor
On 10/24/2023 at 8:00 AM, SoSoz said:

I've watched the Hair loss show video on youtube about finasteride dosage, they said that finasteride stays in blood only for around 6-8hrs but it stays in scalp for way longer so it's not necessary to take it every day. They said that MWF 3 mg per week should be enough. Is this really true? I am trying this approach for over a month now and I am wondering if I am just wasting my time with this and if should I take it every day instead.

Are you getting side effects on 1mg a day?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
13 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

@GatsbyI read on one of your feeds that you had sides with 1 mg a day and you seized it by taking 1mg mwf. Are you still on that dosage and are you getting results ?

I’m now on topical Finasteride 0.25% once a day.