PRP in the UK ?

1973kop

Yes, let's hope the Farjo Clinic and other European doctors get on board (pending it's success).

Would be good hear Dr Fellar's thoughts on this in addition to any other interested parties...

I read in Dr Fellers other post on PRP and he did say it will be available in the UK but he hasn`t said with who or where?

I also read in that post that PRP is only as good as the doc performing it so thats brings me on to my next question,who`s performing it?

Will farjo`s or anyone else be looking into this?

Also for members in Ireland, I emailed Dr Collins at the Blackrock Clinic, IMO the only clinic I'd feel comfortable with in Ireland and his response was that he didn't plan on makng the procedure available until there was more results data available, but he planned on dicussing with colleagues at the upcoming ISHRS conference.

Otherwise I think theres a real danger that sub stanadard clinics will see this as a money making opportunity and offer unregulated procedures at rip off prices.

Boy I hope this PRP has some use for hairloss.

If not I know Dr Feller will stop offering it, but many other clinics will keep stealing folks money with it .

Heck there are still a few docs on here that offer laser therapy when anyone with a set of eyes saw two years ago it was worthless

1973kop,

Though I understand your concern, do understand that PRP is an experimental treatment for hair loss and not proven. Time will tell whether or not it's successful and how realistic of a treatment it even is. At this point, it's not even know if it can grow new hair, and if it does, how long it lasts before another treatment is needed and what the cost of such a treatment would be.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, i understand what your saying mate and i`m fully aware that nobody knows if PRP will help or not and i`d probably bet my mortgage that it wont, we can all live in hope and hopefully over the next 6 months Dr Feller will be able to provide photos either good or bad.

we can all live in hope and hopefully over the next 6 months Dr Feller will be able to provide photos either good or bad.

DR Feller recently stated he ALREADY has photos that show an obv cosmetic improvement in one of his patients who had PRP, he should be posting it quite soon, with others to follow. i believe there will NOT be deceptive documentation from feller because he know he will get blasted by some of the 'seasoned' posters here...

this will quite likely NOT be the magic bullet, but very well could be a positive form of treating hairloss...especially in diffuse thinners. and as of now it seems to come with NONE of the side effects fin has the potential of causing, in fact NO SIDES what so ever have been reported yet to my knowledge...so while Bill is correct that it may very well be a continual form of treatment. i have ZERO problem with this if it helps me keep my oh so precious native hair...... 2 treatments a year = 1200 to 1600 bucks a year... small price if it works and only about 800 bucks more then i pay for minox/fin, which the effectiveness can wear off anyway in time... good to know other options may be out soon....

for me its all about buying as much time as possible with my hair....

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

That's great to hear that prp will be available in the UK soon! When was the first trial conducted by Dr Fellar and how many patients (approximately) have currently received this treatment?

If say for instance we do see some change in the photos that were going to see over the next few months would anyone consider cutting down on taking propecia?

At the moment i`m taking 1.25 of finasteride every day and have done for the last 10 years and to be honest i hate it.

Yes its early days regarding PRP but wouldn`t it be great if we could cut down and take fin say every other day along with a few jabs every 6 to 8 months.

I know there has been a few post saying PRP should be added as well as propecia but even if we could just cut down on the drug would be a real benefit to me

Like i said i know at this stage its to early to tell but thats just my thoughts

Thanks Spex.

Hi 1973. For me, i would probably take everything possible especially as propecia is proven to work in most men. You have certainly been taken them for a while though!

Do you split the tablet or take one per day? I ran out of my 1mg recently (i borrowed some from another hairloss chap!) and had to start splitting them. My mind started to work overdrive when i thought i was losing some powder!

I just want to reply one more time on this thread so everyone gets it...

There are many excellent questions being asked, but there is no solid answer at this point. I'm sure as Dr. Feller or other physicians experimenting with it obtains the short and long term data, they'll be able to provide more information. At this point, whether it works or not, how often treatment is needed, to what areas it may be more effective, and the cost are speculation at this point.

I'm only reiterating these points so that PRP as a potential hair loss treatment doesn't get blown out of proportion. As for it being a replacement for Proscar or Propecia...I don't even think I could suggest the possibility without seeing long term data.

Hang in there guys.

Bill