Smile hair overharvested

1 hour ago, Overharvested_ said:

Can I conclude that Smile Hair overharvested me? I had 4000 grafts transplanted 3 months ago, and my donor area is depleted everywhere with gaps. It has been 3 months; can I confirm that they overharvested, or should I wait

Do you have any pictures of  How your donor used to look and how looking now ? @Overharvested_

from my experience , I would say that there would be early signs. With time it’ll recover. My donor was over harvested and it was clearly visible. It took four + months to recover. But once you trim your hair you can clearly see what damage already happened 

Edited by Shadman

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, Overharvested_ said:

No pre op 🤧

IMG_4927.png

IMG_4926.png

That's not looking great to be honest. Will some of it bounce back due to shock loss? Maybe. But the extraction pattern is really, really bad. A big square that goes way too high up into the crown area.

Do you have a good beard & chest hair-wise?

6 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

That's not looking great to be honest. Will some of it bounce back due to shock loss? Maybe. But the extraction pattern is really, really bad. A big square that goes way too high up into the crown area.

Do you have a good beard & chest hair-wise?

On the weak side there 🤯🤯 

the clinc says it start to resolve month 3 🤬🤬🤬🤬 have you seen such bad case bf?

It is prudent for clinics to take pre-op and immediately post-op of all donor and recipient also for any future reference and then you can clearly see the density they took and placed at. It does seem it was an occipital-only approach and 4k is a lot in that area, ( you can measure width x length and see what density would have been taken using 4k as the total), but I guess this is around 60cm2 of harvesting to take 4,000, assuming no transection also. The concern is a lot of the heavier grafts go that really should be kept for future loss and also that hairlines need finer hairs so I hope this comes in okay for you and as said by Berba it is fairly high so not sure what your age is or if you are on medication but this can drop in time. 

Shock loss can take 4 or 5 months and minox can help but it does look as if there is clear demarcation from where they took and the surrounding areas but often this is the signature tune of some clinics and why it is wise to research and see the modus-operandi that they have. Did you ever see spread extraction that is not only on the occipital from any previous patients? Certainly I think you should contact them with some concerns and they can explain their approach and why it is beneficial to take as they did. I would be interested to see the reasoning personally. 

As said shock can take 4 months or longer so hopefully more will come in and also some length will help camouflage it. 

• Head Bang 1

• Valued Contributor
14 minutes ago, Overharvested_ said:

On the weak side there 🤯🤯 

the clinc says it start to resolve month 3 🤬🤬🤬🤬 have you seen such bad case bf?

I've seen worse, yes.

One thing I'll note is that maybe you're using the flash on your phone to capture the photo? A higher quality picture in neutral and/or natural lighting would be a better indicator of what's going on.

45 minutes ago, Overharvested_ said:

No pre op 🤧

IMG_4927.png

IMG_4926.png

Sorry brother, it doesn’t look great at all. Their pattern of extraction was very bad. They didn’t extract grafts uniformly from the donor. Moreover, possibly extracted grafts from non safe area.  Give it some more months. Even after growing hair at a good length, if the donor looks bad you’ve to go for donor firming

It looks like overharvesting. SMP in the donor area and shaving the donor area after the smp might be a good solution in your case. You should start making appointments with other clinics like Milena lardi or prohair clinic in brussels for smp in the donor area in three months from now.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...