Should I be seeking now?

Sorry, meant to elaborate pretty strong norwood 6 family history. None haven taken finasteride which I have been on for 4 years now. 

at age 25 would you consider me an ideal HT candidate? Ideally would want to stick yo under 1500 graphs, just round out the hairline a bit.

12 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

The problem is you are attempting to match Mother Nature. You have a naturally occurring hairline. Why risk it? Especially at 25. 

Yea, I see your POV. “Why bring a katana sword to cut vegetables?” I think it just comes down to judgement, I personally don’t like my hairline and it’s been like this since puberty. My dream would be have the sides connect with the top in an outer-round fashion instead of having this inner-round “M” shape. But it isn’t the worst, and it doesn’t seem to be getting out of control. Thanks for temporarily settling my constant anxiety battle behind this.

Edited by waccwaccwacc

• Valued Contributor

I think pretty much every successful HT patient on this board would swap hairline’s with you in a heartbeat to be honest. 

I’d personally suggest saving those grafts and the money for a more rainy day & continue to focus your efforts on hair loss prevention. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey all, 

Wanted to gather some more thoughts.

How bad is it getting after 4 years of fin 1mg mono therapy. As you can tell, the hairline feels weaker to be honest with you but I don't think recession has dramatically progressed.

Given the relatively stable results over last 4 years, would you gather I have similar progression over the next 4 years?

If so I would be 29 then, would that put me in an ideal spot to add ~1000-1200 graphs in my corners for a SLIGHTLY more connected hairline? Thank you for any analysis and insight!

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0391.jpeg

IMG_0386.jpeg

IMG_0390.png

IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0392.png

Edited by waccwaccwacc

• Valued Contributor

There’s no real visual difference that I can see. You have a great hairline and a very full head of hair. Whatever you’re doing to maintain it is working a charm. 

You’d be well placed to have a HT in a few years, though as before I think you’d be crazy to put your excellent natural hairline (& your bank balance) at the risk of a potentially sub-par HT result. 

• Like 1

@Berba11 @Sunset Dune thanks for the comments. Money is not an issue.

However, are you saying that if I am currently dissatisfied with my hairline, a hair transplant will not make it better longterm? for example, it likely will solve the issue short term but that short term success is not worth the continued loss to come ahead, associated touch ups and time/effort? 

• Valued Contributor
59 minutes ago, waccwaccwacc said:

@Berba11 @Sunset Dune thanks for the comments. Money is not an issue.

However, are you saying that if I am currently dissatisfied with my hairline, a hair transplant will not make it better longterm? for example, it likely will solve the issue short term but that short term success is not worth the continued loss to come ahead, associated touch ups and time/effort? 

I'm saying that there are no guarantees with a HT. You could end up with a poor result and be worse off than you are. Remember that most people have much more significant hair loss than you do at the point of surgery, so while it's a risk all the same, it's more calculated in the sense that the pay-off is much greater. In your case, even if you have an excellent result, the cosmetic difference will be comparatively minor. So you have to weigh up those risks.

In terms of future hair loss... Well that's a risk every patient takes on. You're on finasteride which is good but you're also young - things could change in the next few years. You have a great hairline and I think you'd be mad to do anything to it, but it's your head and your call at the end of the day.

• Like 1

My opinion is that your hair is in good shape. In fact, I envy how strong your hairline is! I always think a bit of recession looks masculine. 
why do you want to do something? How much does it bother you? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Otis james said:

My opinion is that your hair is in good shape. In fact, I envy how strong your hairline is! I always think a bit of recession looks masculine. 

I just dislike how large my forehead is with my temporal recessions. Think it makes me look much older than I really am, and uglier. When my hair gets long enough to cover my temporal recessions I feel so much more confident, but I know I look hideous when it parts off incorrectly (wind & movement) and exposes my temples. I just settle with an exposed temporal haircut and embrace what I have. Nobody has really commented on my hair loss, just the fact that my forehead is large lol, but Im sure people can tell I'm receding.

Used to bother me a ton and be crippling (took like 500+ photos over a span of a few months back in 2019/2020 lol). Now I still think about it everyday, but it’s no longer crippling. 

• Valued Contributor

@waccwaccwacc your hairline is perfect. You will be attempting to find a surgeon to equal or better mother nature herself. This means you run the small albeit risk also of having a result that you are not happy about. Even the best surgeon in the world has had results that are sub par or worse. To me you have been smart in preventing any hair loss by being on finasteride. I would continue with your regime and definitely not begin down the hair transplant path. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waccwaccwacc said:

I just dislike how large my forehead is with my temporal recessions. Think it makes me look much older than I really am, and uglier. When my hair gets long enough to cover my temporal recessions I feel so much more confident, but I know I look hideous when it parts off incorrectly (wind & movement) and exposes my temples. I just settle with an exposed temporal haircut and embrace what I have. Nobody has really commented on my hair loss, just the fact that my forehead is large lol, but Im sure people can tell I'm receding.

Used to bother me a ton and be crippling (took like 500+ photos over a span of a few months back in 2019/2020 lol). Now I still think about it everyday, but it’s no longer crippling. 

I hear you, mate. To me it almost looks Harry Styles esque! Incidentally, he’s just shaved his head and I reckon he’s getting a transplant! 
its hard to see the forehead issue from the pics you’ve sent… could maybe send some showing a bit more of your face? 

here’s Harry! 

IMG_0323.webp

8 hours ago, Otis james said:

I hear you, mate. To me it almost looks Harry Styles esque! Incidentally, he’s just shaved his head and I reckon he’s getting a transplant! 
its hard to see the forehead issue from the pics you’ve sent… could maybe send some showing a bit more of your face? 

here’s Harry! 

IMG_0323.webp

Dont feel comfortable sharing more exposed photos, but yea I hear you. Id say my hairline is exactly like harry’s. Except my hair has much less volume than that, probably due to I never having touched a hair product other than shampoo.

I’ll just stick with finasteride and re-evaluate after two years. Im thankfully driving distance to Dr. Konior/Nadimi and have visited them before in the past to which they advised I was too young and head too full of hair to transplant. Im sure they’d reconsider and offer better advice to a older, stabilized patient.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Otis james said:

I agree with this. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.