Am I balding?

blakesennet

I'm an 18 y/o caucasian male. I've always had a bit of a bald spot on the crown, I remember this being pointed out in like the 4th grade. That's not a big deal. I've recently become obsessed with the bald spot, however; i'm unsure if it has grown or stayed the same. My hair in general seems to have thinned a tad through my teenage years, but I'm unsure if it has particularly done so in the crown.

My father has MPB, but my maternal grandfather has a nice head of hair at 80, as does my maternal uncle. My paternal grandfather has MPB, thought it didn't show up until his 40's or so.

I could use some advice, I might be obsessing over nothing, but IDK. Thoughts?

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3893/photo89d.jpg

For right now I'd say you're fine.. Looks like an ordinary colic to me..My 16 yr old brother has the about the same texture and colic as you.. You may bald in the future, but it hasn't hit you yet I do not believe. You can continue to monitor it, but personally I wouldn't be worried. Just keep an eye on it from time to time..

The combination of having darker hair and light skin can make a larger colic seem more like a balding spot in the crown area. The reason for this is in that area all the hairs are going in different directions away from the center point. When the light hits that area of your scalp it appears larger and more visible.

I don't think you are balding. It looks like a normal colic. However, keep an on it. If it starts to widen then see a HT doctor to find out if Propecia (hair loss medication) is right for you.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, there are so many problems that happens due to lack of essential supplements like vitamins, proteins which are very important for healthy hair.

So, just don't worry about anything and be little aware of your diet and if in case you find any problem then it is better to consult a doctor for drugs like Propecia which proves to be the best pill for hair loss.

• 1 month later...

I'm confused...

Is blakesennet, adrianjustfine, and private lives all the same guy? Otherwise, why would they all be posting pictures of the original poster's scalp?

Blakesennet, please do not create multiple accounts. Instead, use the same alias for each post.

Best wishes,

Bill