Do you think there is a need to go to Turkey for HT?

Hello everyone, I have been following the forum for a while without being a member. But I couldn't decide. I want to have a hair transplant as soon as possible. I live in London and I'm undecided whether to go to Turkey for a hair transplant. I've been saving money for a while and my budget is around £3000. What are your recommendations and why? Thanks in advance.

• Valued Contributor

@Naderali

I'm sorry to say that the way you're trying to find a good surgeon isn't the best. Picking a surgeon based only on where they are located might not be a good idea because it limits your options. There are excellent doctors in Turkey and all around the world. It's better to look for a skilled surgeon without sticking to a specific location, so you have more choices.

The most important part of the whole process is your surgeon and you are doing yourself no good by limiting your choices for that.

Consider prioritizing the quality of the surgeon over location preferences to access a wider range of expertise.

I hope this helps you..Best of luck.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

41 minutes ago, Naderali said:

Here is my pictures

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

You've some existing hair. You should select a clinic where they'll be able handle your existing hair and implant new grafts in between. If you go for an ordinary clinic, chances of higher shock loss can happen. Are you ready to travel anywhere for HT or only focusing I'm turkey ?

• Administrators

My recommendation is to do nothing. Your budget is way too low for how many grafts you require. You need at least 4,500 to 5,000 grafts. Even an affordable clinic is gonna run you $5,000-60000. You will end up getting botched trying to find a clinic in your budget. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You never want to make your decision based on price or location!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Going to turkey for a cheap hairtransplant with this level of hairloss, you might end up making things even worse than it is now. Turkey has bocome the capital of hairmills and botched jobs so i would suggest you to bereally careful here, its your head you are talking about and this is real surgery. I suggest you to take your time a do a very good research on physicians and ht results on this forum before making any decisions.

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Naderali said:

Here is my pictures

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

You have clear hairloss extending well into the midscalp but also a lot of native hair. That makes your case less than straightforward and needs to be treated with care and skill at a surgical level. 

Are you on finasteride?

Thank you everyone for your recommendations. I have seen people get very good results for this kind of budget, but ofc my research continues. I'll start fin and I plan to decide and have a hair transplant in 1-1.5 months.