Hattingen Hair

So I’ve been in touch with Hattingen and Dr Sever and they have a spot available at the beginning of Dec which is great as this is around the time i would want to do it. I have no doubt that Dr Sever and his team are awesome and from what i have seen on YouTube and read on this forum their results are super. Still a slight amount of nerves i guess (not sure why given i have had two HTs already). I think my nerves are mainly around :

staples and the 2 weeks after the HT and just how uncomfortable are they? I had sutures previously.

Do they leave the “train track” marks?

Its only a 2500-3000 FUT so shouldn’t be too much swelling (not that i got any with the previous FUTs) but it was a different doc, is that the right expectation to have?

Always happy to hear anyone’s thoughts / views / opinions on any of the above. If anything just tell me that Dr Sever is awesome and you will be in the right hands! :)

I think right now Hattingen hair and hasson and wong are the best choices you can make for an fut procedure. As for the staples no they dont leave train track marks and you treety much have the same feeling as sutures so dont worry about it too much.

6 minutes ago, jjalay said:

I think right now Hattingen hair and hasson and wong are the best choices you can make for an fut procedure. As for the staples no they dont leave train track marks and you treety much have the same feeling as sutures so dont worry about it too much.

Thanks mate, I’m glad to hear that. Puts my mind at ease

I had FUT with Dr. Bloxham. Very happy with results. No train track marks. Staples really didn’t bother me at all except last few days when trying to lay flat on my back and leaning directly on them. Swelling wasn’t bad, don’t know that would be any different with FUT versus FUE

best of luck!

• Administrators

Hattingens scars looks impeccable. I haven’t seen any issues with scarring. Most scars look pencil thin. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Hattingens scars looks impeccable. I haven’t seen any issues with scarring. Most scars look pencil thin. 

Agreed. If I was considering going down the FUT route Hattingen would be my top pick (Being based in Europe). Great results and importantly consistent ones over a long period.

I would elaborate on that. Every FUT procedure has some risk of some scar expansion. The bigger the strip is, the risk is more. 

But there is difference between botched FUT + horrible scar problem that you can find on google images and between smaller, local scar expansion that can occur sometimes even in reputable clinic. 

And yes, i have seen issues with scarring even in Hattingen. There are a lot of reviews on german forum. You can check out review here where problem with the scar occured Haartransplantation Forum : Hattingen » Hattingen Hair - 5.400 FUT (alopezie.de)

Hattingen splits procedure for bigger hair transplants in two days. So there is no 1 big strip and i think because of that risk of scar expansion is smaller. In above example on german forum, scar expansion occured only on the left side. And what is important, Dr Muresanu very early offered FUE repair of this area. For me, it is very good and ethical approach, especially when we can find on this forum that clinics often like to BS patients with tactic "wait, wait,  3 more months, 6 more months, maybe it will improve". 

To sum up, i am pro FUT procedure myself, you can see it in my recent posts on this forum. However the possible  scar expansion issue should be talked about with doctor before procedure. You can for example, ask about scalp laxity exercises before procedure. Your procedure is rather small for FUT, however it is not first FUT, so i believe scalp laxity is not so good like during 1st procedure.