Finasteride alone enough?

SoSoz

Hello, I am using finasteride and minoxidil. I am wondering if finasteride alone would be enough for my hair. I am getting terrible dark eyebags and wrinkles under my eyes, I have never had this before and I noticed it for a month already, I take minox for 4 months. I am 25. Should I try to use come kind of eye repair cream? Im quite worried because I recovered my crown with minoxidil, but my face is starting to look old.

No one can know that.

Talk to a doctor. Come up with a plan. Give it time and adjust accordingly.

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

10 hours ago, SoSoz said:

Hello, I am using finasteride and minoxidil. I am wondering if finasteride alone would be enough for my hair. I am getting terrible dark eyebags and wrinkles under my eyes, I have never had this before and I noticed it for a month already, I take minox for 4 months. I am 25. Should I try to use come kind of eye repair cream? Im quite worried because I recovered my crown with minoxidil, but my face is starting to look old.

It’s a known side effect of minoxidil due to causing collagen issues.

• Administrators

It depends on your sensitivity to DHT. For some, dutasteride is necessary.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

For me tretinoin has made my face look way better.

Fin should be enough, but it comes down to experimentation and what works for you. Like @Melvin- Moderatorsaid, some ppl need DUT, others can't tolerate fin(or dut) and need to look for weaker alternatives. Best treatment is one which works for you and most importantly you can stick to for the long time.

• Valued Contributor
On 9/26/2023 at 3:42 AM, SoSoz said:

Hopefully Finasteride played some role in your crown recovery also. 👍