Should I hop back on Finasteride or buy Pyrilutamide from the grey market?

TheDarkHour

Previously used oral finasteride but quit after a couple of weeks due to experiencing side effects. Thinking of trying the topical now but can't seem to find the 0.025% online. Lowest I've found is 0.25%. Reason why I'm hesitant on taking even low dose topical fin is because I may have a very mild case of gynecomastia. The gyno used to be a lost worse in my mid-late teens when I was a little chubby but has reduced heavily over the past decade after I lost a lot of weight. 

Or would I be better off buying Pyrilutamide from the grey market? The problem with Pyri is that I have no idea what's in the actual solution/chemical as we all it costing a lot more than topical fin. 

I've also considered taking oral fin again since it's actually quite difficult to apply topicals but I'd rather not reduce my serum DHT by 70%. Was taking 1mg everyday. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2023 at 4:01 AM, TheDarkHour said:

Previously used oral finasteride but quit after a couple of weeks due to experiencing side effects. Thinking of trying the topical now but can't seem to find the 0.025% online. Lowest I've found is 0.25%. Reason why I'm hesitant on taking even low dose topical fin is because I may have a very mild case of gynecomastia. The gyno used to be a lost worse in my mid-late teens when I was a little chubby but has reduced heavily over the past decade after I lost a lot of weight. 

Or would I be better off buying Pyrilutamide from the grey market? The problem with Pyri is that I have no idea what's in the actual solution/chemical as we all it costing a lot more than topical fin. 

I've also considered taking oral fin again since it's actually quite difficult to apply topicals but I'd rather not reduce my serum DHT by 70%. Was taking 1mg everyday. 

You'll have to get a script from a doctor and then get it compounded. Keep in mind that you will probably still get side effects (it will just take longer) as it will still be systemic after some time of use.

spoke with an urologist about this recently. Picked his brain on whether I should restart oral fin but more spread out. He said even with a M W F split, you will most likely get symptoms, but less than daily, but still enough to feel. It would be up to you to determine if you can handle the sides or not. When I asked him re topical fin, he said it still goes systemic.

7 hours ago, 12345 said:

spoke with an urologist about this recently. Picked his brain on whether I should restart oral fin but more spread out. He said even with a M W F split, you will most likely get symptoms, but less than daily, but still enough to feel. It would be up to you to determine if you can handle the sides or not. When I asked him re topical fin, he said it still goes systemic.

The urologist you spoke to is full of it, how does he know you will get sides on this drug? 

11 hours ago, 12345 said:

11 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

If Xyon is available to you, maybe you'd do ok with only a 30% reduction. Most hydaoalcaholic solutions are very easily absorbed systemically

Would you guys recommend RU58441 instead? Side effect profile seems low anecdotally.

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I would forget about grey market stuff if I was you. See a dermatologist and try a lower topical dose starting once a week and slowly build up over time. If it plays with your gyno then maybe consider oral minoxidil? All the best!

Yeah, I'm planning to use 0.25% topical 3x a week and then move up  from there. May even consider oral 0.25mg once my hair grows out. Been using oral min for the past 9 months but haven't seen any regrowth.

Also visited the doctor recently who said I don't have gyno, just a bit of chest fat. Hopefully the risk of me getting gyno is low.

12 minutes ago, TheDarkHour said:

Would you guys recommend RU58441 instead? Side effect profile seems low anecdotally.

I used it and it definitely yields results but would hesitate to recommend it per se so up to yourself if you think it’s too risky or not.

12 minutes ago, TheDarkHour said:

Yeah, I'm planning to use 0.25% topical 3x a week and then move up  from there. May even consider oral 0.25mg once my hair grows out. Been using oral min for the past 9 months but haven't seen any regrowth.

Also visited the doctor recently who said I don't have gyno, just a bit of chest fat. Hopefully the risk of me getting gyno is low.

RU58841 have very mixed results from my view. some it works great, some it does nothing, some get no sides, others get sides. On top of that you have no idea when you're getting in the mail at the end of the day. Anyone can say '3rd party tested' and no government will enforce it.

You're free to try whatever you want but I've never seen a case of someone whose used RU as a monotherapy with success over the long term. 

I used RU for a from Kane. I bought premixed and the powder. I did not feel that I had sides on it, but also did not see anything in terms of regrowth or maintenance. But who knows if I was getting legit product. Only good thing its a lot cheaper now a days than 8 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, 12345 said:

I used RU for a from Kane. I bought premixed and the powder. I did not feel that I had sides on it, but also did not see anything in terms of regrowth or maintenance. But who knows if I was getting legit product. Only good thing its a lot cheaper now a days than 8 years ago. 

Also, i tolerated the sides from anti androgens a lot better in my twenties than my thirties, so you might have a different reaction to these drugs depending on your age. just something to keep in mind

6 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

The urologist you spoke to is full of it, how does he know you will get sides on this drug? 

lol, why is someone who has a medical degree, and been a urologist for 20 years and deals with men hormonal issues full of it??? 

• Like 1