Dr Resul Yaman | 4550 Grafts | September 2023 | Instanbul Turkey

LikeAJungle

Thanks @BboyLimpin

When Dr Yaman was making the incisions he definitely had Loupes, I also think the techs were using when they were sorting my hairs for implantation, they gave me a breakdown of the grafts they had sorted but in truth its a little difficult to remember the sorting section as you are head down. It is early days as it was only 8 weeks last Friday but I feel my hairline looks fairly tidy (considering I didn't have prior to the op) but il pop a photo below for you to see :)

image.thumb.jpeg.79193c523c37b0d661519a40bbc46e2d.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 12:52 PM, BboyLimpin said:

Good luck with this.

Can I ask, did the doctor and technicians use loupes and do you know if microscopes were used for graft separation etc? There is still some debate on this and no real conclusion.

During the transplant, no. During extraction I really don't know sorry. I'm pretty much blind when I don't have my glasses and I wasn't facing them. 

1 hour ago, RobsHair16 said:

Thanks @BboyLimpin

When Dr Yaman was making the incisions he definitely had Loupes, I also think the techs were using when they were sorting my hairs for implantation, they gave me a breakdown of the grafts they had sorted but in truth its a little difficult to remember the sorting section as you are head down. It is early days as it was only 8 weeks last Friday but I feel my hairline looks fairly tidy (considering I didn't have prior to the op) but il pop a photo below for you to see :)

image.thumb.jpeg.79193c523c37b0d661519a40bbc46e2d.jpeg

Looks good Rob!! B|

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hows the after care been like? Except for sending photos over Watsapp and asking questions. Did you feel your query was answered sufficient enough. Instead of generic answers, like growth looks good, take your time etc

Not sure how you found it @LikeAJungleas I haven’t asked a huge amount. I was concerned around my Donor for the first month and Doga was really supportive with that . I did worry that if it continued I’d have to go see my own local doctor which wouldn’t have been ideal but I suppose that’s a risk with going to any clinic outside your home country.

When I was there I was well looked after and tbf Doga was genuine nice guy so hope that if there was / is an issue they’d be supportive :) 

Edited by RobsHair16

On 12/8/2023 at 5:05 PM, Jayhair said:

Hows the after care been like? Except for sending photos over Watsapp and asking questions. Did you feel your query was answered sufficient enough. Instead of generic answers, like growth looks good, take your time etc

I would say so yes. Although I didn't ask much questions other than the shampoo and saline spray.

• 2 weeks later...

3 month update

Shedding has slowed down, hopefully that's the end of it. Hair has grown marginally. Pimples come and go. There appears to be some new tiny hairs sprouting upon zooming in. Sent them to Doga who said everything looked fine. Not much difference other than hair length from month 2. 

Have a great Christmas everybody! :D

24closefront.thumb.png.2e3f1e48a009fea0a2f1779b329d0e71.png

25closeleft.thumb.png.f6b6a06def58b67069a4b162dc625683.png

26closeright.thumb.png.c92bbff10955358d7358d0a610dfcc73.png

27right.png.c1777ea9fdd28e3d32c3887fe6b36ce4.png

28left.png.4223469ef0673ef674dc9e01fc9e5589.png

29backup.png.16e8265a61e452701a435b0aff68d4ee.png

30back.png.09a5b34fa2d9afe0cc7a971122582460.png

31frontdown.png.baf8fa1f14fa67aa7254dff3c06cf887.png

Edited by LikeAJungle
  • Like 1

Only worrying sign for me is 3 months scalp still red, worrying in terms of looks temporary when I need to head out. 

Have we read or asked if there are any lotions etc to reduce the redness.

I work from home and only handful of my colleagues seen me in person before (new company) and we potentially need a get together (work related  non social) in March

• Like 1

Daft question but do you guys wash your hair everyday? I find that after applying the spray twice daily it needs to be washed daily to keep it fresh or it gets itchy, it could just be luck but I’m almost at 3 months with Yaman and don’t really have any redness now :)

32 minutes ago, RobsHair16 said:

Daft question but do you guys wash your hair everyday? I find that after applying the spray twice daily it needs to be washed daily to keep it fresh or it gets itchy, it could just be luck but I’m almost at 3 months with Yaman and don’t really have any redness now :)

yes its better to wash your scalp every day if you use minoxidil, since it might get itchy if you dont. Also topical spreays can be absorbed better in fresh washed head.

Redness depends on the candidate, some tend to have more redness than others...

On 1/3/2024 at 8:33 PM, Jayhair said:

Only worrying sign for me is 3 months scalp still red, worrying in terms of looks temporary when I need to head out. 

Have we read or asked if there are any lotions etc to reduce the redness.

I work from home and only handful of my colleagues seen me in person before (new company) and we potentially need a get together (work related  non social) in March

It's honestly not as bad as it looks, the camera makes it more red than it is. At least for me. I'm not sure (haven't researched) if there are lotions that reduce redness. 

On 1/3/2024 at 9:02 PM, RobsHair16 said:

Aye everyday with the baby shampoo. 

On 1/4/2024 at 11:44 AM, Reina said:

It’s right on track. Do you use hair loss therapies ?

Thanks, just finasteride

• Like 1

Did you all pay the full amount in cash $3250 . Normally cash is a no go, sign of fraud. But I understand the Turkish Lira is on the low and inflation.

On 1/6/2024 at 1:48 AM, LikeAJungle said:

Thanks, just finasteride

I think you could also use minoxidil if you haven’t tried that so far. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

looking great, giving me great confidence. My shedding more or less finished (i think) had 2 weeks of shedding now , only couple hair falls out when shower or brushing fingers past it.

I read few members from Yaman, had vitamins given ,o? Only got given anti botics,  moisturising cream and shampoo. What vitamin are we referring too, feel am missing out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LikeAJungle said:

5 months update

Compared to month 3, there is significant improvement. The top part is deceiving depending on lighting. Taking vitamins provided by the clinic and finasteride. 

33front.png.4ae189ee94b6201421052c8c98671cc6.png

34right.png.6a7a3ea4ca45bfa587799ef43e0e4483.png

35left.png.ea2ababfc273d4dadcad2910b2a099f9.png

36back.png.7b8bbddcb1770e9070188a16ce90d520.png

37back.png.875db3c03b01142e1abee16ac6ce0252.png

38front.png.f71033322642b3eed3cb625ad96e682d.png

39front.thumb.png.fc53f606aa31e9052f722677b5f04f8f.png

40front.thumb.png.e8cf6fa3cb2c0a5565d1b97fe28e40fd.png

That’s a really good progress for 5 months mate. Dr yaman is a great doctor for sure 👌🏼 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jayhair said:

looking great, giving me great confidence. My shedding more or less finished (i think) had 2 weeks of shedding now , only couple hair falls out when shower or brushing fingers past it.

I read few members from Yaman, had vitamins given ,o? Only got given anti botics,  moisturising cream and shampoo. What vitamin are we referring too, feel am missing out.

I think there's much more shedding to come mate. 

The clinic gave me anti biotic cream, shampoo and moisturiser, saline spray and vitamins up to 6 months. Upon googling it, not much info tbh...

yamanvitamins.jpg.32d489c95c5e1b9292ed892937dcfdcb.jpg

• Like 1