Dr Resul Yaman | 4550 Grafts | September 2023 | Instanbul Turkey

LikeAJungle

Hello everyone. I visited Dr Resul Yaman this week and would like share my experience. I'm from Scotland and 33 years old. 

TLDR

• 950 single
  • 2350 double
  • 1250 multiple
  • Cost $3250 US
  • Transport (Airport - Hotel - Clinic) and Vitaman/Shampoos included
  • Easy and stress free
  • Excellent experience

COMMUNICATION

All communication was done via whatsapp. I spoke with Doga the Director of the clinic. Photos were relayed to Dr Yaman who recommended me to get 4000 grafts. Doga explained the process, cost and procedure clearly and answered all my questions whether about transportation, any extras involved or bringing my girlfriend for emotional support (or torment). Once my flight was booked, Doga sent me the hotel confirmation and driver information. 

00initial.png.1950e6cb5a116acc87df87a84d9610f7.png00before.png.b8f02f048406dee605817815e95b0a16.png

TRAVEL/STAY

British Airways are terrible and I do not recommend them. They are reliably unreliable. My flight was delayed and the plane just sat an extra hour 'for maintenance' which caused me to miss my connecting flight at Heathrow. Told Doga if he could let the driver know which luckily wasn't a problem. Upon arrival at Instanbul airport we met the driver and was taken to the hotel in a nice Mercedes minivan with the Yaman logo. Hotel was nice and comfortable. Breakfast is included. 

CONSULTATION

Driver picked us up at 8.30am at the reception. We met another guy who is getting his 2nd transplant done. He wanted more density and chose Dr Yaman for his 2nd hair transplant. We were greeted by Doga at the entrance and taken inside the clinic. First we got jabbed for the PRP. I hate needles so I was squirming. 

Dr Yaman arrived afterwards and greeted us. He has a very kind ambience, softly spoken and I was instantly at ease upon meeting him. We viewed my donor area with a special camera which he seems very pleased even quipping it's "like a jungle". Best thing I've heard all week. A core memory moment. He measured hair thickness, drew my hairline, did some calculations and recommended I would get 4500 grafts. Dr Yaman is patient and I didn't feel rushed and was happy to answer any questions/concerns I had. 

01consultation.thumb.png.a2fa012425ab89b410e8500b86243404.png

Doga lead us to the next room where he took pre op photos and had my head shaven. As an Asian with a very round head I never considered shaving my hair so this experience really opened my third oriental eye. I looked like Krillin. 

02bald.png.d3ee3dd93c1ff7365bd043db40dd5056.pngkrillin.jpg.a1c581b3a543ee9e6e0720eb1297b2df.jpg

BEGINNING

OP room was spacious, nicely lit, great natural light from the window and had a TV. Anesthetic stage first. The pain was an 8/10. Lying face down on the bed while getting injected. The technician was lovely and caring, even apologetic despite it not being her fault. Next stage was the extraction conducted by another Doctor and his assistant. This wasn't comfortable lying face down but it wasn't painful as the anesthetic has kicked in. The Doctor uses a micro motor instrument as I can hear the buzzing sounds while I believe his assistant plucked the hair. This was done lying down and then facing both sides. I had many toilet breaks probably due to nervousness which they didn't mind. They wrapped my head and one person would always accompany me. Doga pops in now and then to see how I'm doing. Once extraction was done Dr Yaman comes in to review and draw my hairline again. He is meticulous and careful, making sure I was happy with the result. Dr Yaman starts the incisions and channel opening. This was oddly calming and I even dozed off twice during it. 

Afterwards was lunch break. A nice wee chicken dish with some rice for us both.

03food.png.c92961b9cb3a6ca6a1226fce1b0b14de.png

03foods.thumb.png.71c42d3150d7b5b57b00d532be3ce2f8.png

IMPLANTATION

As Doga said to me, the hardest part is done. This was the easy part but also the longest. I think we started around 3.00pm and finished just before 8.00pm. Doga was nice enough to put on Netflix for me but I had my glasses off so I couldn't see the TV anyway. Just let the Turkish music playing instead. I had 3 technicians working on me. I was comfortable and let them do their thing, had a wee chat with the limited Turkish I have learnt and using Google translate. They are all nice and friendly and added more anesthetic when they noticed I had begun to feel pain again. I tried to doze off whenever I can with limited success to pass the time quicker. Half way through another technician came in to put drip on me which was the only part I really didn't like due to my hate of needles. Dr Yaman came in 3 or 4 times checking to see how things were going on. He spoke in Turkish but assured things were going well. 

Finally we were done. It was a long day. I got bandaged up, changed clothes and met with Doga at the reception. I heard someone in the background mentioning this forum who turned out to be fellow member @NorwoodSlayer69 who also just finished at the same time! Doga gave us both leaflets, shampoo, foam, cream, vitamins, painkillers etc and explained how to use them. We were to return tomorrow to remove the bandage and for our first wash. 

04front.thumb.png.cd2738272e11ea02f0c632fae0b49ae9.png05right.thumb.png.257eb72eb0fd35aa871455114a83f447.png06left.thumb.png.450c47a947d6201cc21d4a7fea344577.png

I read the blow up pillow they provide wasn't great so I came prepared with my own. It was a challenging sleep regardless. No pain but I kept waking up every 2hrs. Driver picked us up and Doga lead us back inside the clinic where I would get washed. My gf recorded what was going on while he explained how the assistant was washing my hair. Foam recipient area for 10-15mins. Wash once a day, using the shampoo twice. Gently tapping the recipient area and gently massaging the donor. Apply anti biotic cream on the donor area. Everything else was also explained and covered in the sheets provided. Dr Yaman came in to again to check and he appears very pleased. Said our thanks for the lovely hospitality and patience and we were taken back to the hotel. 

Now I am comfortable back home after another drama of British Airways for losing my carry on baggage with my shampoo, vitamins pills etc which caused me in a state of panic. Thankfully got it back next morning. Don't book that airline ever. 

Overall the experience with Dr Yaman clinic was excellent. The communication, accommodation, procedure and transport were all delivered to a brilliant standard. Now I just to need follow the after care religiously and update the coming months of my hair's progress. I found this forum by accident upon seeing it mentioned on a Youtube comment. The information has been invaluable and I thank you to everyone on this forum as it had been super difficult choosing a clinic when the options appear limitless in Turkey. 

08out.thumb.png.491cd074f0bbf9389ecfe0aac0807977.png

• Like 2

Pretty sure we walked out of the clinic at the same time? would be interested to see how your hair progresses compared to mine haha. PS I just washed all my scabs off today.

Anyway the work looks clean, hoping you get a good result. Was good meeting you that day. I also made a post so feel free to look at that :D

• Like 1

Before this forum I searched around in Google, dug around youtube to see if there are any 'legit' experiences of Turkey clinics and was also in a facebook group where people posted results of their hair transplant. I found Dr Yaman through here. Looked up several reviews of his work and saw he also posts his results in this forum. I did also try Dr Bicer but got no reply. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@LikeAJungle

Thanks for posting your journey and explaining it thoroughly..will be following your journey closely ...best of luck ..Happy growing and keep updating brother..

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Day 10 update

The feeling to finally remove those crusty scabs and seeing the baby hairs underneath is otherworldly. I'm aware this will be short lived and it will shed in the later weeks/months. For now I'm enjoying the sight of seeing hairs stand in areas where it was once absent before. 

Massaging them off was more challenging than I thought. 

09scabs.png.9064b62592b0e032039762474041e7f9.png

10front.png.bafa0707d2c3603714b085727059b003.png

Shock loss from the sides and back of head. 

12right.png.e3c41595819956ac20f3cac171554b1a.png13left.png.a31a57539a597a537a6a45327c40593c.png11back.png.af7f7ca7f981e1d743057be3f62c136a.png

The shock loss from the back of my head are quite high compared to the lower section.

My donor day after surgery. 

14back1.png.6e14d34e16c2dca784f913038df148ca.png

My donor now, 10 days after surgery. 

14back2.png.1a9ef6abfd352e67230317737cc2f028.png

14back3.png.728473925848dffd71a64a4dca50b8d5.png

It's early days but I'm happy so far!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks keep us updated, am visiting Turkey next month, will go there myself and do a in person check up. Any feedback/questions/concerns I should ask Doga or what would you have done differently after your HT experience.

Edited by Jayhair
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:41 PM, Jayhair said:

Thanks keep us updated, am visiting Turkey next month, will go there myself and do a in person check up. Any feedback/questions/concerns I should ask Doga or what would you have done differently after your HT experience.

Hi mate. 

Bring your own neck pillow as the one they provide isn't great. Bring some buttoned shirts. Expect the technicians to be chatting, giggling. They'll be working on your head for hours so expect them to not be silent the entire duration. Maybe bring your own earphones/laptop so you don't get bored. 

Regarding the asian hair, dunno where you heard that. Quite the opposite. I had loads of triple and quadruple grafts. Even Dr Yaman and the technician was impressed. They were showing me my grafts during the transplant. 

Can you confirm who done the following - Incision of channel /extraction/implantation. I see you wrote a Dr done the extraction , was there another Dr at Yaman or was it a technician.

Am asking as from my research these are the 3 main procedure and it seems like implantation is the least important/difficult process of the 3. So the other 2 is better if done by a Dr. ( Experienced members please correct me if im wrong)

• 5 weeks later...

2 month update.

Looks horrible and been wearing a hat mostly. It's cold anyway. Shedding has been much more aggressive and pimples are forming more frequently. Got a wee trim to try even the look a bit. Donor area has recovered well. Still slight patches of shock loss on the sides but nothing I didn't expect so far. 

There are sprouts of hair appearing but can't tell if they are the transplanted ones or not. 

23closefront.thumb.png.726823e19a0c63b0afe3c852b233633c.png

18closeleft.thumb.png.b6b7be99a321c5aa06afd6cb9e1cdcc1.png

19closeright.thumb.png.e9c8f6fcf482e6f191c17e5935c061be.png

22right.png.661760e6546601401b8fe4df3ace0ae8.png

22left.png.b8409bf14995bbe92efd523c8555141b.png

20back.png.e04f32d1a6ec344ee5f4e30f935c04c0.png

21back2.png.e50b6547233c9fef0d48c97b3c86d4ba.png

Happy growing. You did a great choice by selecting a good and experienced surgeon like dr yaman and your result is Right on track. Waiting for your future updates.  

Edited by Belve
  • Like 1