Topical finasteride

Yabala

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Jamos1982 said:

Hey Gatsby I see you only take it once at night I also on topical 0.1 twice daily but I hate taking it in the mourning. Do you reckon it’s just as effective I go to 0.25 at night only? Cheers 

Well my dermatologist said to take it (0.25%) once daily so night time is the most convenient. Maybe you could take it twice daily if your are taking 0.1%. I can't see why not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 10:34 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

The dosage doesn’t matter as much as the vehicle. If you’re in the US, Xyon is what I use. If you’re in Europe, check our Farmacia Parati. 

Hi Melvin. 
Curious how you're supposed to know what the "vehicle" is, unless it's advertised. As an example, I have topical finasteride/minoxidil from my pharmacy, but it doesn't say much else. The numbers I look up from the bottle don't tell me anything. Do you think it's possible what I'm taking is actually doing nothing based on the "vehicle"? Is there something specific I should be asking for in addition to the finasteride and minoxidil?

On 10/6/2023 at 2:20 AM, coffeeandpie said:

Hi @Gatsby

Assuming you are using 1 ml every day, that is 2.5 mg equivalent, is that right?

0.25% = 0.25 g per 100 ml = 250 mg per 100 ml = 2.5 mg per ml

0.1% = 0.1 g per 100 ml = 100 mg per 100 ml = 1 mg per ml

0.025% is 0.25 mg ? 0.1 % is 1 mg ? So what is 0.25%, 0.0125%,1% and 2.5% in milligrams ?