NW2 | 25M | Eugenix | 1812 grafts | Dr. Vinita | comprehensive package

Singh1276

Hi everyone,
I am/ used to be NW2/2.5 flew to India from Canada for a HT procedure with Eugenix. I would like to begin by saying I was very happy by hospitality of Eugenix staff, their coordination, doctors etc.

A little about me: I am a 25M and I hail from New Delhi, India but settled in Canada. I have been noticing receding hairline since 2018( age 20 ). I was just using minoxidil since then( bad guidance by dermatologist) until February 2023 when I consulted with Eugenix and started Finasteride 1mg every night. Within 2 months I had a hair shedding phase, followed by maintaining the hairline. When hair-loss stabilized after 6  months of Fin, I booked the procedure with Eugenix and was quoted 1800 grafts.( pretty spot on given all the consults were online ). 

Coming to the day of procedure:

I was asked to report by 10:00AM where they greeted with me coffee and did pre op checks. My Heartbeat was a little higher ( maybe I was nervous ) thus had to take anti anxiety with other standard pre operative medicines.

This was followed by pre op photoshoot and then a meeting with Dr. Vinita where we planned the hairline. I have always had a huge forehead and recently learnt bone on my right side of forehead is more prominent than my left side which led to a lot of discussion and including Dr. Sushil about how to provide natural look.
Final discussions were followed by pre op shoot of design and then the procedure began which lasted for approximately 6 hours.

Slits were performer by Dr. Vinita and implantation and extraction of follicles were done by senior techs with Dr. Vinita monitoring every now and then. The patient coordinator and Dr. Vinita kept asking in between if I am okay, feeling any pain, need a break, water etc. which was really nice of them to care for the comfort of patients so much.
Towards the end, when hairline was being constructed, Dr. Vinita was actively involved, doing some insertions herself and guiding the techs as well.

All in all, I remember to have been told 4 layers of single hairs in hairline followed by 2 and 3 hair grafts in mid scalp region.

I wanted hairline to be a little lower but doctors informed that it isn’t possible due to muscles being present which are responsible for movement of forehead. Please don’t get me wrong, I am still content with the new hairline :) and trust Dr. Vinita and her abilities. 

I am sharing my pictures, please provide insights on what you think about the restoration, hairline and density. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

13d07cc0-ae46-48f6-bae6-5184c6ab8329.jpeg

3462424f-50ba-46fa-983e-90d16b1566c3.jpeg

e00f9714-34b9-4a16-a385-77e2613b920a.jpeg

ae39771a-3bb6-433c-b938-9374f13be0e3.jpeg

bdb2bace-94fe-4dde-9d17-cd35e997e360.jpeg

ee57171f-031e-4615-89e4-285320f5b05d.jpeg

a524eae8-5bf3-49d3-a310-ef0ec639f0c5.jpeg

ad9064d8-f0ad-449b-9988-b83fd919a55d.jpeg

7a917247-638f-4d46-8ef7-4d2493dea47b.jpeg

d2777f8e-de84-4a26-bcad-3ddc5a0d2e48.jpeg

Edited by Singh1276
Adding few details
  • Like 2

Just now, Gatsby said:

Great work by Dr Winnie. You wouldn't want your hairline any lower than what you have post op. I look forward to following your updates. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Yes I am content with the hairline. Looking forward to growth.

I will share a monthly update as things progress :)

• Thanks 1

• Singh1276 changed the title to NW2 | 25M | Eugenix | 1812 grafts | Dr. Vinita | comprehensive package
  • Valued Contributor

@Singh1276

So finally you did it..Happy for you..Hairline implantation is looking good,thanks for posting your journey ..will be following your progress closely brother ,all the best..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Congratulations for your HT :) and thank you for sharing your story with us.. 

I will be fowling your progress as I am about to make my final decision to potentially select Eugenix for my HT after years of research! I have been quoted about 2500 grafts, to lower my hairline and reconstruct my temples, which is btw very similar to what yours 'was'. Incidentally, your new hairline looks great and I trust they would have done a good job. 

I have a few questions, Dr Vinita did your surgery? Is she part of senior package or entry level package, as I would like some pointers to help make my decision. While I have decided on Eugenix, I am yet undecided which Dr to choose 😅 Im considering either Dr Das which is within my budget or I am considering paying the extra and go for the main man Dr Sethi, let me know your thoughts? :) 

4 hours ago, sharpshooterer said:

Congratulations for your HT :) and thank you for sharing your story with us.. 

I will be fowling your progress as I am about to make my final decision to potentially select Eugenix for my HT after years of research! I have been quoted about 2500 grafts, to lower my hairline and reconstruct my temples, which is btw very similar to what yours 'was'. Incidentally, your new hairline looks great and I trust they would have done a good job. 

I have a few questions, Dr Vinita did your surgery? Is she part of senior package or entry level package, as I would like some pointers to help make my decision. While I have decided on Eugenix, I am yet undecided which Dr to choose 😅 Im considering either Dr Das which is within my budget or I am considering paying the extra and go for the main man Dr Sethi, let me know your thoughts? :) 

Thank you :)

Dr. Vinita is part of entry level package. I have heard very good things about Dr. Das and would recommend her as well. I would say until and unless you have a very complicated case, there is no need to go for Dr. Arika ( Pradeep Sethi only does transplants on case to case basis )

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Work looks good. Happy growing 

will keep sharing occasional results. Things are settling in rn!  
pro tip for anyone getting HT: practice sleeping straight if you already don’t. Sleeping straight is harder than maintaining the HT itself 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, MildSeven said:

hahaha Finally You pull the trigger and Chose Dr Vinita as well

who were your technician ? shuzant ?

Haha yes! Your review was a factor in choosing Dr. vinita :) i forgot my techs name unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2023 at 4:24 PM, Singh1276 said:

Hi everyone,
I am/ used to be NW2/2.5 flew to India from Canada for a HT procedure with Eugenix. I would like to begin by saying I was very happy by hospitality of Eugenix staff, their coordination, doctors etc.

A little about me: I am a 25M and I hail from New Delhi, India but settled in Canada. I have been noticing receding hairline since 2018( age 20 ). I was just using minoxidil since then( bad guidance by dermatologist) until February 2023 when I consulted with Eugenix and started Finasteride 1mg every night. Within 2 months I had a hair shedding phase, followed by maintaining the hairline. When hair-loss stabilized after 6  months of Fin, I booked the procedure with Eugenix and was quoted 1800 grafts.( pretty spot on given all the consults were online ). 

Coming to the day of procedure:

I was asked to report by 10:00AM where they greeted with me coffee and did pre op checks. My Heartbeat was a little higher ( maybe I was nervous ) thus had to take anti anxiety with other standard pre operative medicines.

This was followed by pre op photoshoot and then a meeting with Dr. Vinita where we planned the hairline. I have always had a huge forehead and recently learnt bone on my right side of forehead is more prominent than my left side which led to a lot of discussion and including Dr. Sushil about how to provide natural look.
Final discussions were followed by pre op shoot of design and then the procedure began which lasted for approximately 6 hours.

Slits were performer by Dr. Vinita and implantation and extraction of follicles were done by senior techs with Dr. Vinita monitoring every now and then. The patient coordinator and Dr. Vinita kept asking in between if I am okay, feeling any pain, need a break, water etc. which was really nice of them to care for the comfort of patients so much.
Towards the end, when hairline was being constructed, Dr. Vinita was actively involved, doing some insertions herself and guiding the techs as well.

All in all, I remember to have been told 4 layers of single hairs in hairline followed by 2 and 3 hair grafts in mid scalp region.

I wanted hairline to be a little lower but doctors informed that it isn’t possible due to muscles being present which are responsible for movement of forehead. Please don’t get me wrong, I am still content with the new hairline :) and trust Dr. Vinita and her abilities. 

I am sharing my pictures, please provide insights on what you think about the restoration, hairline and density. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

13d07cc0-ae46-48f6-bae6-5184c6ab8329.jpeg

3462424f-50ba-46fa-983e-90d16b1566c3.jpeg

e00f9714-34b9-4a16-a385-77e2613b920a.jpeg

ae39771a-3bb6-433c-b938-9374f13be0e3.jpeg

bdb2bace-94fe-4dde-9d17-cd35e997e360.jpeg

ee57171f-031e-4615-89e4-285320f5b05d.jpeg

a524eae8-5bf3-49d3-a310-ef0ec639f0c5.jpeg

ad9064d8-f0ad-449b-9988-b83fd919a55d.jpeg

7a917247-638f-4d46-8ef7-4d2493dea47b.jpeg

d2777f8e-de84-4a26-bcad-3ddc5a0d2e48.jpeg

Clean work 👌 you should expect good density, best wishes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Singh1276 said:

O? I am still worried about how much density will I get. Good to hear it :)

In my view, survivality of grafts in Eugenix is higher. Moreover, grafts are implanted quite densely. Now you only need to wait 😃

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shadman said:

In my view, survivality of grafts in Eugenix is higher. Moreover, grafts are implanted quite densely. Now you only need to wait 😃

Thanks for your words of encouragement :)

i am not sure what leads to survivability of grafts. Is it dependent on how they extract and implant?

Yes, there are multiple factors. Which includes environment is sterilized or not. most importantly handling of the grafts  includes which punch size they use to extract and during implantation which planter and some more. 

9 minutes ago, Singh1276 said:

Thanks for your words of encouragement :)

i am not sure what leads to survivability of grafts. Is it dependent on how they extract and implant?

Yes, there are multiple factors. Which includes environment is sterilized or not. most importantly handling of the grafts  includes which punch size they use to extract and during implantation which planter and some more. 

1 minute ago, Shadman said:

Understood! I believe that’s pretty standard for Eugenix as all techs use same equipments under supervision of doctor 

Just now, Singh1276 said:

Understood! I believe that’s pretty standard for Eugenix as all techs use same equipments under supervision of doctor 

Yes, In Eugenix they have been maintaining their quality of standard. one of the reasons for their consistent result. 

• Like 1

Hi fellow Nw Reapers,

Can really use your experiences and expertise:

On day 5 post HT but don’t see any scabs forming. How long does it typically take? I am still contemplating if i would need headwash on day 7? Since there are no scabs to wash?

on 7th day Post HT, can i wear lose baseball cap? And start sleeping on side?

IMG_5685.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Singh1276 said:

Hi fellow Nw Reapers,

Can really use your experiences and expertise:

On day 5 post HT but don’t see any scabs forming. How long does it typically take? I am still contemplating if i would need headwash on day 7? Since there are no scabs to wash?

on 7th day Post HT, can i wear lose baseball cap? And start sleeping on side?

What do you mean no scabs? They are scabs. Just not matured yet.

Everyone heals at different rates. Some people heal and scabs ready to come off in 2-3 days, others can take 10-14 days. Individual scabs/wounds themselves can heal at different rates.

You should spray saline and wash them to keep them soft and not get super hard. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

What do you mean no scabs? They are scabs. Just not matured yet.

Everyone heals at different rates. Some people heal and scabs ready to come off in 2-3 days, others can take 10-14 days. Individual scabs/wounds themselves can heal at different rates.

You should spray saline and wash them to keep them soft and not get super hard. 

My bad I meant matured/ dry scabs. If they don’t mature should I still do first headwash on 7th day?

spraying saline water every hour without fail

Edited by Singh1276

18 minutes ago, Singh1276 said:

My bad I meant matured/ dry scabs. If they don’t mature should I still do first headwash on 7th day?

spraying saline water every hour without fail

Yes. I would also start taking multivitamins etc to help the wound heal fast. 

My clinic gave me a lotion that worked like a magic and helped heal them super fast. Then recommended Bepanthol lotion once that was finished. If you can get ahold of that it would help so much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Yes. I would also start taking multivitamins etc to help the wound heal fast. 

My clinic gave me a lotion that worked like a magic and helped heal them super fast. Then recommended Bepanthol lotion once that was finished. If you can get ahold of that it would help so much. 

Thanks! Let me talk to Eugenix once :)

• Like 1