Clinics in Colorado that can diagnose DUPA

I've been considering a hair transplant, and did a bald fade recently. I was very dismayed to discover my donor appears extremely poor quality when short, to the point I'm concerned I have DUPA (or if not, am not a candidate for surgery). Donor appeared strong when grown out - pictures attached under the harshest lighting possible (direct, bright sunlight). Short hair is about 2 weeks after a completely bald fade.

As I'm only considering top doctors overseas, I'd like to rule out DUPA before I pay $1k+ to visit for an in person consultation. Are there any doctors in Colorado that are good enough to give a DUPA diagnosis? Of is it better to get a diagnosis from a expert clinic only? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Short hair back.jpeg

Short hair side.jpeg

Back w comb.jpeg

Left side covered.jpeg

I don’t think it looks like dupa either. Donor hair is weird to me… I went to arguably the top surgeon in the world and I too was worried about my donor. Mine looks similar to yours when short. I had my hair grown out and the surgeon couldn’t get over how strong my donor was and that I had 8,000 grafts available. Yours might even look better than mine when it’s short. You may have some retrograde but many men do. I would think you would be fine but I’m not an expert. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Recession1 said:

I don’t think it looks like dupa either. Donor hair is weird to me… I went to arguably the top surgeon in the world and I too was worried about my donor. Mine looks similar to yours when short. I had my hair grown out and the surgeon couldn’t get over how strong my donor was and that I had 8,000 grafts available. Yours might even look better than mine when it’s short. You may have some retrograde but many men do. I would think you would be fine but I’m not an expert. 

It needs to be checked under a microscope. Lost of peoples donors looks thin when cut short

OPs hair looks thick when grown very likely because none of the hairs are  miniaturized. 

• Like 1

Thanks all. Guess I'm just concerned with how visible my scalp is, and what appear to be gaps in the donor. Perhaps it's just fine hair caliber and low density, or perhaps it is just the light + short hair. It looks quite thick IMO when grown out. 

Sounds like an in person consultation is the only way to know for sure.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Are there any doctors in Colorado that are good enough to give a DUPA diagnosis?

James Harris is arguably the best hair transplant doctor in Colorado. But that is not saying much at all as there are no good HT doctors in Colorado.

I am honestly not sure if he can diagnose DUPA correctly, but he is your best option in-state.... 

What ever you do don't have surgery with him or his gynecologist assistant Shelly Lovitt. I was botched by them.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Honestly, you probably wanna travel out of Colorado. For me, Dr. Mohebi, Dr. Konior, and Dr. Gabel all do very comprehensive examinations. You can probably get a cheap flight and hotel, which is worth it for peace of mind. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.