past and present how do you feel about your HT? Regrets?

baldbozo

When all has been said and done, if you had to do it all over again what would you do?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems that the majority of the posters here are all for getting it done. But the poll results weigh heavily against going under the knife. If any of you out there that regret your HT read this, I'd love to hear more in detail about why you regret it. I'm considering right now and would like to have a more accurate view of both sides of the coin. Thanks.

Sincerely,

CG

CG,

I regret it because if I knew I was going to bald as much as I did, I probably would never have started down the HT path. Having said that, with the advances in skills and technology that are producing the success we are seeing today, that oinion might be different. In the end, you make the best decision with the available information at the time and try not to look back too much.

Mr. T

Mr. T's web page

Champ- I know- You gotta love the stories... Hopefully he's not talking about me tho...

CG- I am fortunate to have waited until this "new era" of HT's. I think the past 3 years have seen such a change (well- with some docs). It's nice to see that the standard is higher now. Just need to spread the word.

I think regret and satisfaction aren't necessarily opposite of each other. I don't 'regret', but I am not satisfied. I went to the one of the best doctors and did everything I am supposed to do, minox, proscar, you name it. I don't regret doing any one those things, I didn't have a choice (other than going bald). If I could turn back time I would probably have started proscar much earlier. Yet today I think my hair is just 'average' not because my HT is bad, but because my existing hair have continued falling. I would recommend HT to anyone who wan't to improve his hair situation (not his life situation, that's a whole different ballgame), but one has to approach it with utmost caution or risk major disappointment.

This is definately one of the more interesting

subjects Ive read in this forum.

I would like to know as well WHY you guys that have has HT's regret it. (Besides the money issue)

Also, it would be interesting to compare what FUE patients as opposed to Strip patients feel about this.

And more importanly, what are peoples reactions to your HT's?

Has anyone has a really bad or good experience with people pointing it out?

El Guapo

i don't regret my HT, especially now that I am seeing a nice thickening going on. However, if I had it to do over, I would have done more research first and would have selected a doctor who is more reknowned. My doc told me that 1800 - 2000 FU was the max they could do in a session. IMO if you are going to go under the knife, you may as well max out. more bang for the buck. I have since heard of several docs performing 3500+ in a single session. I would have preferred to have more FU in the first go for a more dramatic result.

As many people have stated, get the HT if you want more hair, but not if you want perfect hair or you think this is the answer to all of your prayers for a better life. For me, I have been self-consious about my thinning hair for half my life. It has gotten easier to deal with over the years, but every year I wish I had the hair I had a few years ago. With HT, I anticipate having the hair I had a few years ago, maybe even 6 years ago. Not perfect but far better than it is today.