Farmavia parrati liposomal or non liposmal topical dutasteride

Hi all

I'm looking at buying topical dutasteride (have bad sides on oral finasteride). They have advised there's 2 options one called lipo dutasteride and one called tricodutasteride. 

The difference is one contains liposmal and the other does not. Can someone explain what is liposomal and is there some advantage of one type over the other, particularly anything in relation to side effect profile or efficacy.

Thanks

• Administrators

Here’s a scientific publication that explains it

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8879473/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I used their liposomal FIN before at 1%, and had awful, awful side effects. I think Dr. Hasson mentioned once that Liposomal, which was meant to decrease systemic absorption, actually increased it! So it may be the same for liposomal DUT, not sure. I now am trying tropical Trichosal DUT in small doses, to limited side effects and limited effect.

Good luck. Do blood tests before

On 8/16/2023 at 5:27 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Here’s a scientific publication that explains it

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8879473/

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator makes it clear. In your opinion is the liposomal better. I've just done a bit of research and people mention the liposomal enhances the absorption, which in theory may be worse as it penetrates deeper and more goes systemic. 

Also are you aware of any reputable topical dutasteride in the UK. It's pretty pricey at about £80 a bottle