Clip-in hair system, durability?

Thegreatdane

I have some sort of hairloss and i can’t really deal with it anymore. I can’t get myself to shave all my hair off so i have been curious about clip-on hair system recently? 
is it good, do they stay on, does anyone have experience with them?

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

Edited by Thegreatdane

• Thegreatdane changed the title to Clip-in hair system, durability?

Clip -ons isnt something I have used personally, but have been aware of them since I started my journey and have spoken to more than one wearer of them; none were long term. I dont think they are as secure in place, less discrete and pressure the hair they are clipped on to.

You could use a partial without the need to shave your good hair.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I have used a clip on system with tape along the hairline for 25 years. You would have to shave your hair off to make it comfortable and with the amount of hair you have I can't see the point in wearing a hair piece?Are you on medication to halt your hair loss? All the best!

On 8/15/2023 at 5:03 AM, AB2000 said:

Have you experimented with hair concealers such as Toppik or Dermmatch?  You appear to be at a a stage of hairloss where it would be useful.  Excessive balding doesn't allow concealers to work - and you still have coverage.

I have tried Toppik and it worked like magic. The reason i stopped was that it ruined my bathroom totally! All the towels were ruined, it was hard to get the floot clean etc. Although Toppik works like magic on my existing hair, What do i do to “add” hair to the Bald places?

On 8/15/2023 at 9:54 AM, Gatsby said:

I have used a clip on system with tape along the hairline for 25 years. You would have to shave your hair off to make it comfortable and with the amount of hair you have I can't see the point in wearing a hair piece?Are you on medication to halt your hair loss? All the best!

Hey Gatsby 

im not currently on any hairloss medication. Do you have suggestions of what i could use to halt my hairloss/“grow” new hair”? 

• Valued Contributor
26 minutes ago, Thegreatdane said:

Hey Gatsby 

im not currently on any hairloss medication. Do you have suggestions of what i could use to halt my hairloss/“grow” new hair”? 

Definitely finasteride and minoxidil (oral minoxidil preferably). Speak with your doctor. It will stabilize your hair loss and perhaps regrow some miniaturizing hairs. All the best!

• Like 1

Hey, a clip-on hair system is a very good solution for you. It stays on well when it is properly attached. It needs hair at least on the sides and back to attach the clips and you do have hair in the hairline too, which is used to blend with the hair system and make your hair system natural-looking.

• Like 1