Patientgrowth,

Those who use MSM to attempt to increase the rate of growth of their natural hair typically use approximately 3000mg daily (1500mg twice daily).

Keep in mind that MSM won't expedite the dormant period of the sleeping transplanted hair follicles, only potentially increase the rate of growth of your native hair.

All the Best,

Bill

Although I take MSM, I'm really not sure that it works!

LOL same here.

but i'm sure your bones and joints are saying "thank you mmhce" but you just can't hear 'em icon_wink.gif

plus my hair was always growing fast even before i got on the MSM bandwagon.

alwayswaiting1,

The effect of MSM on ALL hair (atrophic and non-atrophic) is debatable. The choice to use MSM is totally personal. While I use MSM purely as a dietary supplement, the rate of hair growth has to do with the rate of cell division in the hair follicles, which is genetically determined. The length of your anagen phase is also genetically determined. (This is the reason some girls, can growth their hair long and some girls have to wear extensions).

take care...

I've been taking it like mad for past 7 weeks, 4000mg or even 5000mg some days and can't stay it has speeded up hair growth which was my intention, but have noticed improvement in hair and skin quality , did anyone else notice this?

I'm going to continue it as its cheap as well , but I'm going to level off at 2000mg daily

Hi,

My wife & I have been taking the MSM crystals for about 4 weeks now. I take 3-4 heaped teaspoons a day (breakfast, lunch, tea & before bed).....i think thats about 9000mg. My wifes been taking it twice a day. Whilst it could be the "placebo effect" I feel much healthier & less tired & i think my hair growth is increasing & looks generally healthier. My wife is convinced that her nails have strengthened significantly. Could all be coincidental but I'll be continuing it longer to see.