Second Hair Transplant

Hello all,

Did my first hair transplant 6+ years ago for hairline and front with Dr Villnow. It was expensive (for me) and the assistants did most of the work but it went quite well. I now need to do a second hair transplant for the crown.

Can you please recommend to me which hair transplant surgeons in Europe are not too expensive and have consistent good results? I have contacted Fuecapilar already, are there any other good clinics where the doctor does most of the work at 2 euros per graft or less? Who is better from Dr Turan or Dr Gur? Also is Dr Michalis Georgiou better than these 2?

Another question, is it possible to take some of my previously transplanted hairline grafts and use it as donor for crown region? Which doctors have done this before? 

Edited by 12S

• Valued Contributor

@12S can you please post your pictures so evryone can see your current situation(NW grade)and than can guide you accordingly ...whats your age? And are you on medication ? This are important factors related to HT...

Fuecapilar is good and value for money pick ...dr michalis is also doing good work ..well experienced guy and ethical too...both are good budget pick...if you are open to travel to other countries (imo you should be) than you can explore more options like dr kongkiat laowrong who is affordable plus producing excellent results ....and there are few more options you can consider if you do your research properly....

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

20 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@12S can you please post your pictures so evryone can see your current situation(NW grade)and than can guide you accordingly ...whats your age? And are you on medication ? This are important factors related to HT...

Fuecapilar is good and value for money pick ...dr michalis is also doing good work ..well experienced guy and ethical too...both are good budget pick...if you are open to travel to other countries (imo you should be) than you can explore more options like dr kongkiat laowrong who is affordable plus producing excellent results ....and there are few more options you can consider if you do your research properly....

My donor area still grows quite thick except for a part on the left side but took a video which is hopefully better than photo -

https://vimeo.com/852089777

If you want I can upload photos from when I used to let my hair grow longer, around 3000 grafts were used in first hair transplant.

No medication and don't want to use any medication. Who would you say is best from these 3 - Dr Turan, Dr Gur or Dr Georgiou?

Edited by 12S

• Valued Contributor

@12Si saw your video and sorry to say i think you should first consult a good HT surgeon in your country and visit him/her personally just to get your donor checked before proceeding for a surgery ...did you had online consultation with the clinics/surgeons you mentioned ? If yes than what did they say?..imho you have got high grade of baldness and i don't think your donor can give you that many grafts as already 3k grafts have been harvested in your previous surgery plus your one side looks pretty weak...

Actually i can't say who is best from them as this is a subjective thing and its like there are doctors who are best for different reasons ..some has an upper hand with hairlines while others have with density,some are best with donor management while others are best with managing high NW cases....

But at this stage i feel you should first make sure that are you a good candidate for HT or not and than look for doctors...sorry i don't wanna discourage you but i have told you which is in the best of an interest for you...i hope this helps you....

--> My Thread

8 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@12Si saw your video and sorry to say i think you should first consult a good HT surgeon in your country and visit him/her personally just to get your donor checked before proceeding for a surgery ...did you had online consultation with the clinics/surgeons you mentioned ? If yes than what did they say?..imho you have got high grade of baldness and i don't think your donor can give you that many grafts as already 3k grafts have been harvested in your previous surgery plus your one side looks pretty weak...

Actually i can't say who is best from them as this is a subjective thing and its like there are doctors who are best for different reasons ..some has an upper hand with hairlines while others have with density,some are best with donor management while others are best with managing high NW cases....

But at this stage i feel you should first make sure that are you a good candidate for HT or not and than look for doctors...sorry i don't wanna discourage you but i have told you which is in the best of an interest for you...i hope this helps you....

Thanks again, I have uploaded some pictures of my donor region taken about a year after my first hair transplant, it still grows thick except for one part on left. I would want a second hair transplant not just to fill the crown but also even out my donor area as I want all of it to be thinner like the section on the left side I mentioned.

I am also willing to take out some of the hairline hair in the middle to use as donor - do you know which doctors are best at donor management and crown regions as my hairline is already done?

DSC_0476.thumb.JPG.ee4a8236d8ad39c284196111adb81c73.JPGDSC_0883.thumb.JPG.27737eb2189f28288c846e4f9e7a135c.JPG

DSC_0319~2.JPG

Edited by 12S

• Valued Contributor

@12Sgood to see this pictures ..actually i would say relieving as from this it seems your donor is fine ..from that video i was in doubt...though everything can be sure once you visit personally 

Dr gur and dr turan are almost at same skills but i think dr gur don't use beard/body hairs and you may require that if your donor don't allow you to harvest grafts to meet up your requirements so i would say you can choose dr turan ...

Dr michalis uses both scalp as well as beard/body grafts and he is also very experienced ethical guy and i personally like him...so now it everything is dependent on your personal choice ...i would say consult both of them and than see with whom you feel more comfortable/confident with.

And if you want to explore more options than i am sending you a list i have made based on my experience ,research and personal preference which i will send you...though i don't want you to take that list on face value and do your own research properly before choosing a surgeon ..so just take this list as a source of information regarding different names of doctors you can consult and look into....

1 to 2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou , dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),dr fares seffen, dr. ibrahim jebai, Choiexpert 

• Thanks 1

--> My Thread

52 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@12Sgood to see this pictures ..actually i would say relieving as from this it seems your donor is fine ..from that video i was in doubt...though everything can be sure once you visit personally 

Dr gur and dr turan are almost at same skills but i think dr gur don't use beard/body hairs and you may require that if your donor don't allow you to harvest grafts to meet up your requirements so i would say you can choose dr turan ...

Dr michalis uses both scalp as well as beard/body grafts and he is also very experienced ethical guy and i personally like him...so now it everything is dependent on your personal choice ...i would say consult both of them and than see with whom you feel more comfortable/confident with.

And if you want to explore more options than i am sending you a list i have made based on my experience ,research and personal preference which i will send you...though i don't want you to take that list on face value and do your own research properly before choosing a surgeon ..so just take this list as a source of information regarding different names of doctors you can consult and look into....

1 to 2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou , dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),dr fares seffen, dr. ibrahim jebai, Choiexpert 

Thanks again

I have been told that taking grafts from beard leaves permanent scars, is that the case? 

Are any of these you listed slightly better than the rest? If you had 3000-4000 euros where would you go? I am not too eager to travel as far as Thailand tbh

Also would you recommend Wimpole clinic or Westminster Medical Group at all? I would be willing to pay more in UK as easier to deal with any issues and they offer finance options

Edited by 12S

• Valued Contributor

@12Staking grafts from beard or from scalp will ofcourse leave marks and surgery is never a scarless  procedure but with FUT you get long linear scar(like a thin line) and with FUE you get multiple dot like scars....all this depends on things like your doctor's skill,punch size,your skin type,skin color,skin laxity etc...so don't think that this is a scarless procedure....

So i would say understand pros and cons of surgery before you go for it as i have seen many people just go for it without getting enough knowledge about it and understanding the pros and cons of it and thn they end up getting disappointed and regret their decision so i don't want you to go through that so better educate yourself first and take your time and than make some decision...

In UK you may check out dr mittal ,dr reddy ,dr bonaros ,dr farjo,dr ted miln(budget option) ...most of the good doctors in UK will be way more than 2 euros per graft...

• Thanks 1

--> My Thread

21 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@12Staking grafts from beard or from scalp will ofcourse leave marks and surgery is never a scarless  procedure but with FUT you get long linear scar(like a thin line) and with FUE you get multiple dot like scars....all this depends on things like your doctor's skill,punch size,your skin type,skin color,skin laxity etc...so don't think that this is a scarless procedure....

So i would say understand pros and cons of surgery before you go for it as i have seen many people just go for it without getting enough knowledge about it and understanding the pros and cons of it and thn they end up getting disappointed and regret their decision so i don't want you to go through that so better educate yourself first and take your time and than make some decision...

In UK you may check out dr mittal ,dr reddy ,dr bonaros ,dr farjo,dr ted miln(budget option) ...most of the good doctors in UK will be way more than 2 euros per graft...

Would taking grafts with FUE from chest or stomach area instead of beard leave bigger or smaller scars? Armpit would be even better as more hidden but not sure how good those grafts are for head hair. Not sure I can use beard grafts anyway unless it's from sides because in the middle it grows red/ginger

Is Sebastian Deme at Westminster Medical Group a better option than Gur, Turan, Georgiou if we imagine they all cost roughly the same? Same question for Ted Miln

Edited by 12S

• Valued Contributor

@12SI don't know about the doctor you mentioned so i can't comment on him but ted miln seems to be doing allrite though i also don't have much of knowledge about it but as you asked for options in UK i just told you his name as he seems to be worth looking at in that budget 

The circumference of scars depends on many things and you can just ask for results from the doctor you choose and than see yourself ...though the results can vary from person to person even if you choose a same doctor 

• Thanks 1

--> My Thread

Hello all,

Is there somewhere I can see a bunch of reviews for Fuecapilar and Dr Michalis Georgiou?

Which of these 3 would you guys say has had consistently good results? Dr Michalis Georgiou, Dr Turan, Dr Gur and least amount of bad operations/complaints?

Edited by 12S

• Valued Contributor

@12S all of them are good and its about your personal choice/preference..

To see results of dr michalis georgiou you can visit recuperarepelo forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

--> My Thread

• Administrators

Dr. Bicer, HDC, FUECapilar, Dr. Kostis, Hair Dr, these are affordable options in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey: 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@12S, our clinic can suitable for your budget, and your donor still looks good in the pictures, you can check many reviews on our MDs regarding repair and enhancement procedures, you're welcome to contact my WhatsApp for consultation.

• Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Bicer, HDC, FUECapilar, Dr. Kostis, Hair Dr, these are affordable options in Europe.

You don't rate Dr Michalis Georgiou? I would have thought he was pretty good running clinics in 2 different European countries?

Edited by 12S

On 8/11/2023 at 1:33 PM, 12S said:

You don't rate Dr Michalis Georgiou? I would have thought he was pretty good running clinics in 2 different European countries?

He's not yet on the recommended list on this site. I don't think that's a reflection on your quality of his work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Ollie Goodwin said:

I booked my depots with Dr M tonight 💪 your happy with the work you had?

I am, all going well so far.

I’m just over 3 months but already seeing early signs of growth in my hairline.

Before: 

IMG_0036.thumb.jpeg.bf155bfac1b2b14de7cd71bdb5526b0d.jpeg

after:

IMG_0035.thumb.jpeg.12b2eadc2bc3452e97ddd3a1fe87fcea.jpeg

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1