Interesting Rogaine "facts"

maxhair

This may be old news but read this on this site..

<http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-articles/faq_researched_hair_loss_treatments.cfm>

Why can't I get my hair wet for four hours after using Rogaine / Can I use Rogaine after showering with my hair wet?

Wet scalp skin increases the penetration of topical drugs by several times (2x-5x more powerful). Because Rogaine does have side effects, they must attempt to keep you from increasing its potency and thereby side effects. However, if you apply Rogaine and do not experience any side effects, you might try applying it to wet scalp if you want to make it more potent. Be sure you have someone around if you do this since there is a change that you may not experience side effects on dry scalp, but may with wet scalp. If you experience side effects when applying Rogaine to dry hair, DEFINITELY *NEVER* apply it to your hair wet and be sure to follow Upjohn's instructions about not letting your hair get wet for 4 hours.

From personal experiences, I have heard many people who have said that Minoxidil did not work well for them, but after they started applying it to a wet scalp, it started working much better.

Retin-A and Rogaine

When Rogaine is combined with tretinoin (Retin A), the results are significantly better than with Rogaine alone. Retin-A increases the percutaneous absorption of Rogaine and also appears to promote epithelial and vascular proliferation.

Note: I have read that this could be dangerous and may not be worth it. I'm sure it also a very sloppy and tricky application.

All of this may be old news to you guys but it was new to me. Supposedly someone that knows what they're doing needs to mix the Retin-A and Rogaine but I have a prescription for Retin-A and I may see if I can figure out how to do it.

Anyway, happy hair growing!

maxhair,

Thanks for the article.

I agree with the author that using Rogaine on a wet scalp may increase its effectiveness (and risk of side effects) since it can absorb more easily. Retin-A also helps Rogaine absorb more easily on the scalp. For more information about this, see below:

Does Retin-A Combined with Rogaine Help to Stimulate Hair Growth?

Question:

I read in my Men's Health magazine that taking Retin-A along with minoxodil can be beneficial. Has anyone tried this?

Answer:

Retin-A penetrates the outermost skin layer (straum corneum) causing it to thin. This helps increase absorbtion of the minoxidil into the balding scalp which is why it may prove to be beneficial. In itself however, it doesn't do anything to treat baldness.

Take caution though. I have talked to a few patients who have used a Retin-A / minoxidil combination and it led to severe irritation of the scalp and sensitivity of the skin. I would recommend if you are going to try Remox or another Retain-A / minoxidil treatment product, you may want to start with a smaller dosage and work your way up if it doesn't cause any scalp irritation. Consulting with a dermatologist or hair loss doctor would also be wise.

• 2 years later...

Hi ..

dont know bumping this ancient thread is good or bad... but being very curious I really need to know

im using kriklnad minx 5% after shower- I try to dry my head/scalp totally dry..dry ...then I apply it..

Or shall I left my scalp a bit wet and then apply minox ?

which one shall I do ? for sure I need very best result..

pls advice

br/Nneel

Best Regards-

ZR

My Regimen

Minox 5% -1ml 2x/day | Fins -1mg /day | Niz 2% - |

Green Tea Shampoo

Planning to start Retina-A

When I apply it in the mornings, my hair is still damp. I have never had any side affects from it, so just be cautious if you are going to do this so that you can see how it affects you. If you have any side affects applying it dry, then it is probably a really bad idea to apply it wet.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hi orlhair1..

tkx.

from last night I have started to apply minox on slightly wet scalp..

whats ur result ? minox on wet scalp ?

br/Nneel

Best Regards-

ZR

My Regimen

Green Tea Shampoo

Nneel, I have been using Rogaine for years. First started when I noticed thinning on my crown. Initially the thinning disappeared but over time it began to thin again. I am quite sure that without it I would have lost a lot more hair over the years. I have always applied it with my head damp in the morning after a shower. Not sure if you are using Fin (propecie) or not, but the two in combination are supposed to work best. I have just been using Fin for about 5 months.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

This is true. When I apply rogaine after the shower I noticed actually feeling it absorb. I notice an increase in heart rate so I know it's working better

I dont know if that id a good thing?? The increased heart rate that is!:eek:

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Nneel, Not sure if you are using Fin (propecie) or not, but the two in combination are supposed to work best. I have just been using Fin for about 5 months.

Hi mate

Yes - Im on Fin (1mg/Day) too.. also using Nizroal 2% every 3/4days.

ALso now using Minox on a bit wet scalp - specially at Night after shower

days back I came to know about apply minox on "Hydrated Scalp"

any one can help me out about Hydrated Scalp- how to could do that?

wash with Hot water ? (but its a bad idea indeed)

press with hot wet towel?

pls advice

Br/Nneel

Best Regards-

ZR

My Regimen

Green Tea Shampoo

• 3 weeks later...

now a days reading a lot about Retin-A .

planing to start Retin-A

after shower or shampoo wash- apply Retin-A cream after 30 minutes Minox 5%

is that a way to go?

Best Regards-

ZR

My Regimen

Green Tea Shampoo