Feasibility of hair transplant - Stage 7

Hi all,

I have consulted with a few hair transplant clinics, one face-to-face and others over email and whatsapp. 2 of them have rejected me but the rest gave me a plan with two separate procedures 1 year apart. Wanted to see your opinion on the matter as well.

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

Edited by norbert

• norbert changed the title to Feasibility of hair transplant - Stage 7

As a Norwood 7 with what looks like a relatively limited donor, I'd think really carefully about whether you want to pursue a transplant.

I'd recommend you have your donor examined locally to check for miniturisation and density. That will determine the number of grafts you have available for transfer.

I'd say you're unlikely to have the 9000 plus you'd need for reasonably coverage, and would almost certainly need to use body hair and even then, would have a very conservative hairline and thin coverage.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - I'm sure others will comment (and may well correct me!)

Current miracle workers like Zarev and Eugenix may be able to help if you have deep pockets.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

Its always possible, you only have to look at @Gatsby and @Bandit90 to know that there is always a way, just not always an easy path though, I myself was not far off where you are and I made the mistake of going to a cheap place for first two procedures and got lucky to a degree, lost a few grafts but then just had my latest op with Eugenix which is growing in atm not far off six months, and its looking good, not as thick and as dense as I would like but also better in ways than I imagined. I think I am now around 10.5k with I reckon 300 lost ones looking at the first surgery etc - 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@norbert its not impossible but its really a tough path if you choose to do that....all the factors related to the success of a HT are against you....so if you wish to attempt it than keep your expectations low...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

If I was in your position I would follow these steps:

1. Reach out to either Dr Zarev or Dr Pittella to see if they can assist with your case

2. If they can assist, book the surgery and jump onto low dose oral minoxidil and either oral or topical Finasteride/dutasteride so your donor can reach it's maximum potential. 

To get a good result from these 2 you are looking at paying at least 40k based on the grafts needed.

Edited by mrmane85
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@norbert I really would only consider Dr Sethi, Dr Pittella or Dr Zarev as a Norwood 7. You really want the odds stacked in your favour and to be on meds and to utilize beard hair to augment your donor source. Wishing you all the best whichever way you decide to go.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@norbert I really would only consider Dr Sethi, Dr Pittella or Dr Zarev as a Norwood 7. You really want the odds stacked in your favour and to be on meds and to utilize beard hair to augment your donor source. Wishing you all the best whichever way you decide to go.

I agree. They are the only 3 surgeons for nw6n7s

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 8:19 PM, Gatsby said:

6 hours ago, hairman22 said:

I agree. They are the only 3 surgeons for nw6n7s

If you had to go in for a transplant today as a NW7, knowing what you know now, which of these 3 would you pick as your first choice? What about your second choice?

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

If you had to go in for a transplant today as a NW7, knowing what you know now, which of these 3 would you pick as your first choice? What about your second choice?

Zarev #1 Pittella #2 #3 Sethi

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Zarev #1 Pittella #2 #3 Sethi

Exactly that. It'll also depend on available beard hair. I think that Zarev currently is head and shoulders above the other two in terms of the number of scalp grafts he can extract.

However, it'll inevitably be a very expensive procedure with any of those mentioned. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

If distance and some other factors didn't matter to me, then I'd personally go with Dr Felipe Pittella. He's been putting out some really good work on high norwoods that also looks very natural.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I'm in a similar spot as OP. Hopefully some of this discussion is helping OP decide what is feasible and which doctors to consider.

I am able to see Dr. Zarev in early 2026 for a consultation. I agree he seems to do the best cases, but unclear if its worth waiting 2.5 years (!) to get a consultation. It would probably be 2027 until I could have actual surgery.

Are Dr. Pitella / Sethi good enough for a NW6 / 7, or is it worth waiting up to 4 years for Zarev?

16 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

If distance and some other factors didn't matter to me, then I'd personally go with Dr Felipe Pittella. He's ben putting out some really good work on high norwoods that also looks very natural.

That's a good shout. Be should be in the short list too..

In terms of whether it's worth waiting for Zarev, only you can decide that. The others are also very capable doctors that have shown their ability for amazing results in high Norwood cases.

Do a few searches on here and you'll see their results. 

I know Zarev doesn't refund consult deposits. Maybe worth checking consult wait times with the others first?

23 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I'm in a similar spot as OP. Hopefully some of this discussion is helping OP decide what is feasible and which doctors to consider.

I am able to see Dr. Zarev in early 2026 for a consultation. I agree he seems to do the best cases, but unclear if its worth waiting 2.5 years (!) to get a consultation. It would probably be 2027 until I could have actual surgery.

Are Dr. Pitella / Sethi good enough for a NW6 / 7, or is it worth waiting up to 4 years for Zarev?

Pitella and Sethi are brillant but will need beard hair

A few years waiting will give you time to save

You just have to judge is it worth 40-50k to get your hair back?

If i was in your position i would wait for Zarev

3 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Pitella and Sethi are brillant but will need beard hair

A few years waiting will give you time to save

You just have to judge is it worth 40-50k to get your hair back?

If i was in your position i would wait for Zarev

Yes, it is a difficult position. Money / beard hair is not a factor for me.

I'm 30 and just got out of a long term relationship. Would rather be dating with hair, rather than thinning - but not sure if I will be kicking myself in 20 years for not waiting for Zarev... 

Anyway - I feel I am derailing OP's post. Thanks for your input.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Yes, it is a difficult position. Money / beard hair is not a factor for me.

I'm 30 and just got out of a long term relationship. Would rather be dating with hair, rather than thinning - but not sure if I will be kicking myself in 20 years for not waiting for Zarev... 

Anyway - I feel I am derailing OP's post. Thanks for your input.

Maybe a hair system for a few years?

Good luck in your journey

• Like 1