Megasession

Just basically looking for opinions of patients who have had experience with Megasession I was looking to do a transplant of 4000

I was looking at Dr Wong Dr Feller

And I also heard that Dr Shapiro is good however I a little confused as to which one because their seems to be more then one Dr Shapiro performing hair restoration surgery.

Also if anyone could provide links to photo's with results of megasessions it would be appreciated.

Hey Dissapointed,

If your looking at mega session either one of those doctors you mentioned. Each one is highly skilled at their work. Dr. Ron or Paul Shapiro is the surgeon you would want to go to, if you chose a "Shapiro" doctor. If you go to the main forum page, and go under "Hair restoration rsults posted by hair restoration clinics" you will find many examples of the mega session technique. Here is the link...

http://hair-restoration-info.c...s/a/frm/f/3521087683

This is strictly my personal opinion after 6 months of intensive research.

If you intend on doing a megasession of more than 4000, then Dr. Wong probably trumps everyone in the coalition. If doing 4000 or less, then Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Wong are essentially tied. Both probably rate 99.9 out of 100.

A close third place would probably go to Dr. Hasson. Dr. Feller is the "King of FUE" but I personally think H&W and the Shapiro's are superior for strip surgery from the results I've seen.

Dr. Rahal is the king of the "movie star" hairline, while Dr. Ron Shapiro is probably the king of natural looking hairlines aimed towards the specific age of the patient.

Again, this is strictly my personal opinion.

Well since you say mega session of 4000 you are relegated to strip. And between the 3 doctors you mentioned I would give Dr. Wong a slight edge. H&W routinely do surgeries of more than 4000 and this experience pays huge dividends to you as a patient.

As for photo results go to the patient blog page and you can select by doctor and compare many patients of each of the 3.

No matter which doctor you choose I strongly recommend meeting at least 3 patients of his that are fully grown out.

Disappointed, there are 2 Shapiro brothers - Ron and Paul. From the postings on this forum, I think Dr Ron is the more famous one, but Dr Paul also does solid work.

Several doctors do 4000 graft sessions these days. I personally like the hairline designs of Drs Shapiro, Rahal, and Feller, in no particular order. If you're looking for a big megasession (of say 5000 grafts or more), then Drs. Hasson and Wong are ahead of others.

Disappionted, All the Drs. listed are on my top Dr. list and all have produced some very good results that you can find right here on this website. I obviously chose Dr. Paul Shapiro which you tell by my blog. I just wanted to let you know that the Shapiro Medical Group is located in Minnesota. I believe i ran across another Dr. named Shapiro that was in Florida and had some very negative feed back! Good Luck with whatever you decide!

Hi there you can take a look at my web blog I had over approaching 5k with Dr Hasson, good luck with your research.You would be advised to consult with these docs to make sure you are a candidate for such as session if you haven't already done so.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Regarding mega-sessions specifically, no one in the Coalition or elsewhere matches the experience that Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong have as they basically defined what a megasession is today.

Our average sized session is in the low to mid 4000 graft range so being an average that means that we routinely go well above this number. Indeed, Dr. Wong surpasses 4000 grafts on a regular basis and routinely surpasses 5000 grafts as well. He has hit 6000 grafts in many cases and has had at least one 7000 graft case. Dr. Hasson as well has many cases of 5000 and 6000 grafts and has SEVERAL 7000 graft cases on record and even higher. No one has as many documented sessions in the 4000 graft range as Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong much less 5000 or more.

To see these results in the clearest detail possible click on the link below. It will take you to our video gallery where we have 76 high definition videos showing our results but also detailed close-ups. No one else has HD video much less 76 of them. Tomorrow there will be 77.

Hasson & Wong High Definition Before/After Video Gallery

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

As Jotronic points out, no one comes close to H&W in terms of documented 4k-7k mega-sessions.

Choosing between Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong, however, is difficult, and I believe it ultimately comes down to aesthetic preference more than anything else. Both surgeons provide superb results, but they have somewhat different artistic visions, and this is reflected in their work.

After spending some time meticulously studying their respective photo and video galleries, I discovered a clear preference for Dr. Hasson's results, so my decision was clear. Although I'm only 5.5 months out from my 5566-graft procedure with Dr. Hasson last summer, I'm delighted with the outcome thus far.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally had a meeting with Dr Feller. I am not so sure if he can meet my hair restoration expectations. I would like to meet with the other Doctors that I have mentioned however commuting back and forth will be a bit of an obstacle for me. For now it will have to be by computer. I will keep everyone posted on how things go.

Originally posted by disappointed:

The whole meeting seemed rushed. If I am going to lay down that kind of money for a one day procedure. I would expect that the Doctor spend a little more time with me discussing my hair restoration goals.

eek, that would concern me too bro. that said, one may counter by saying the results speak for themselves. tough call.