Looking for some help

Hello! 

Look for some advice/ help to determine if i should consider a HT

some stats 

-29 years old

- started balding at 19 

-have smp and it actually doesn't look bad when my heads shaved. 

- not on any meds.

-all mothers side are norwood 7

-Fathers side all have full head of hair 

i suppose my main question would be, if i were to start med/roller/minx for let say 1-1.5 years and lets say everything remains the same or improves, who would you guys suggest for a doctor that would handle such a level of baldness?

I've attached some pics. The longer hair ones are about 5 weeks or grown--shorter like 3 weeks

thanks in advance 

IMG_0712 2.jpeg

IMG_0736 2.jpeg

IMG_0744.jpeg

IMG_0753.jpeg

IMG_0260.jpeg

IMG_0782 2.jpeg

IMG_0774 2.jpeg

IMG_0777.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpeg

It appears that you have a good donor, so hair transplantation is definitely something you should consider. I definitely recommend getting on meds/rollers since your crown isn't fully bald and there is hair to save there. 

As for picking a surgeon, that's a highly personal decision that will take a lot of time to decide. I recommend browsing this site, reddit, and any ht doctor list you can find online and learning about what separates good ht doctors from bad ones and which doctors are good for your specific needs.

Your donor looking good and stable now by these photos, seems you'll be at least NW6, there's a good chance to cover your frontal and middle scalp with 1 procedure, maybe also some touch at the upper crown, depends on your scalp measurements.

You'll need around 5500-6000+ grafts to cover everything (roughly, in my opinion).

Good thing you use meds if there's no side effects, you still have some native hair that can support HT result.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor

@Mike1212321312Consult a good doctor and start medication(finasteride+minoxidil)...you have enough hairs on your top which you can be preserved for long if your body respond well to meds and you may even see more gains and that would make you even better candidate for a HT....

There are many good surgeons you can consider..there is a dedicated recommended surgeon's list you can see on the top which you can check out for reference...personally i would ask you to look at Dr zarev,dr pittela and eugenix clinic who are producing good consistent results in high Norwood cases....i hope this helps you ...best of luck...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

You should go for two procedures. First phase will cover your front and mid scalp area. Second procedure you can reserve for future hair loss in the crown and partial mid scalp area. Besides this also add Fin + min.  

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

• Valued Contributor

Your donor looks good. I would definitely look at commencing Finasteride under your doctor’s guidance and see how your hair respond by 12 months. You will be in a far stronger position then if you choose to have surgery. Adding minoxidil won’t hurt (especially oral minoxidil) but you won’t know which drug is doing what. But you are definitely a candidate for a hair transplant. Have a look at Eugenix as they excel in high Norwood results. All the best @Mike1212321312.

• 3 weeks later...

On the surface, most donors are going to look good when we are young…however you are definitely headed for class 7 so it is imperative that you have your donor microscopically examined to see if your donor is suitable for transplantation.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY