Dr. Wong - 4,332 FUT in 5/2005 (31 yo), 2,107 FUE in 7/2023 (49 yo), NW6, Blonde Hair, On and Off Medicine between surgeries

@Buffaloboy I don’t think it was a case of not maintaining the transplanted hair from 18 years ago but more of an issue of continued hair loss of native hair. Dr. Wong said the transplanted hair held up pretty well.  With diffuse thinning and NW 6 and having started losing my hair younger in life I just kept losing.  Regretfully I had also stopped taking fin several years ago.  Likely not a wise move.  If I can go another 18 years in between I’ll be good. Ha. 

7 minutes ago, hongkongfue said:

@Buffaloboy I don’t think it was a case of not maintaining the transplanted hair from 18 years ago but more of an issue of continued hair loss of native hair. Dr. Wong said the transplanted hair held up pretty well.  With diffuse thinning and NW 6 and having started losing my hair younger in life I just kept losing.  Regretfully I had also stopped taking fin several years ago.  Likely not a wise move.  If I can go another 18 years in between I’ll be good. Ha. 

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the explanation!

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Good pics.  You have very fine/straight hair.  Good coverage.  If you ever wanted one last surgery (you probably don't) you could restart taking fin/dut to make your donor hairs as strong as possible. 

This is a very realistic result from a world-class surgeon working on a NW6 who continues to lose hair into later life.  Best part is how absolutely natural it looks and you have hair that properly frames your face.

Also a good case of someone who doesn't have more than 7-8K of donor grafts - shows a realistic outcome.

The fact that you waited later for 2nd surgery is advantageous for your new donor locations - as we all know the majority of transplant patients transplanted hair absolutely thins out over decades (sometimes alot less). 

What most don't realize here is that it's best to wait as long as possible for initial surgery and in-between surgeries 'cause hair and scalp 'ages' over time for those with advanced NW genetics (even when on all the meds).

Thanks for documenting your journey.  BTW - a good haircolor to eliminate greys is Schwartkopf permanent haircolor in supermarkets/pharmacies.

Edited by jjsrader

@jjsrader thanks for the feedback. I did start back on fin in Dec 22 after I reached out for the consult. I do wish I had stayed on it the whole time. I’d definitely be in better shape and plan to stay on it from here out.
  To your point I think the light color and fine hair did help me achieve the outcome I was hoping with the amount of loss I had. Right now not planning on another pass but I could see it in the future though depending on how things progress. Doubt I could get another 18 years in between again though. Ha! 

we’ll see how the next few months go with the growth.  Hopefully still more to come!