About to pull the trigger for a HT with Keser but have some questions

I am interested in having a HT with Dr. Keser in Ankara but after searching around his results, which seem almost universally positive, I come across one qualm:

Despite Keser's renown for producing good hairlines, a couple of people on this forum have complained about doubles in their hairlines. This makes me wonder if it is connected to the fact he does not use microscopes. Are surgeons able to accurately sort grafts without a microscope? 

I would also appreciate any insights into temple work done by Keser and HLC.

Edited by formesenlair
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Some surgeons get good results with loupes, others don’t. I think every surgeon should invest in microscopes, there’s really no reason not too.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Never heard of him but I would always recommend engaging 3 - 5 doctors MINIMUM and utilizing a process of exclusion to select the physician that is right for you. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2023 at 1:46 AM, formesenlair said:

I am interested in having a HT with Dr. Keser in Ankara but after searching around his results, which seem almost universally positive, I come across one qualm:

Despite Keser's renown for producing good hairlines, a couple of people on this forum have complained about doubles in their hairlines. This makes me wonder if it is connected to the fact he does not use microscopes. Are surgeons able to accurately sort grafts without a microscope? 

I would also appreciate any insights into temple work done by Keser and HLC.

Hello @formesenlair With Dr. Keser's carefulness, there cannot be doubles in the hairline. It is impossible. The nurses who sort and hand the grafts to the doctor and the doctor himself use a loupe which are perfectly enough tools for an HT operation.

20 hours ago, Dr.Keser_s Translator said:

Hello @formesenlair With Dr. Keser's carefulness, there cannot be doubles in the hairline. It is impossible. The nurses who sort and hand the grafts to the doctor and the doctor himself use a loupe which are perfectly enough tools for an HT operation.

@Dr.Keser_s Translator Did he start doing this recently? I had heard the comment a few times from folks here Keser didn't use magnification. Always surprised me because the glasses are relatively cheap -- I just assumed he found them uncomfortable and felt confident seeing the grafts with his naked eye.

@formesenlairHis results are the best of the Turkish docs, at least from patient posted results here. If that's the country you want to have your surgery, he is the man to see. There are other great options in Europe as well, but Keser is in my opinion one of the top and ahead of most American docs.

• Like 1