go to turkey or get a transplant in the US?

I’m debating whether or not I should go to Turkey to get a transplant or get one near me, in the US, as there is a good surgeon (Dr. Gabel in Oregon) near me. Money isn’t necessarily an issue at the moment, but saving about $8,000 is always appreciated. However, I’m mainly just worried about if it’s worth going to turkey overall. I do want a good job done but if I can get the same result in Turkey for much less, it seems like a good idea. However, I’m worried about the heat in turkey after a transplant and it being out of country etc. But if anyone has experiences or has a thought let me know! I’m not against going to Turkey but just wondering if getting it done here by Dr. Gabel would be a better idea. As I recall, Gabel quoted me at about $9000 for 1600 grafts. 

Edited by zenmu

Well, if you go to Turkey you have to make sure you aren't going to a hair mill and are going to a good doc like Pekiner or Gur. I feel like there are much better docs available outside of the United States. Dr. Nader is a great doc near the US in Mexico. You could stay in Texas and have his staff drive you over the border for surgery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zenmu said:

I’m debating whether or not I should go to Turkey to get a transplant or get one near me, in the US, as there is a good surgeon (Dr. Gabel in Oregon) near me. Money isn’t necessarily an issue at the moment, but saving about $8,000 is always appreciated. However, I’m mainly just worried about if it’s worth going to turkey overall. I do want a good job done but if I can get the same result in Turkey for much less, it seems like a good idea. However, I’m worried about the heat in turkey after a transplant and it being out of country etc. But if anyone has experiences or has a thought let me know! I’m not against going to Turkey but just wondering if getting it done here by Dr. Gabel would be a better idea. As I recall, Gabel quoted me at about $9000 for 1600 grafts. 

I'd personally spend the $ on Dr Pekiner in Turkey rather than Dr Gabel. Pekiner is an excellent surgeon and you'll save a lot of money as I'm pretty sure his price sits around 3 euros per graft. 

• Valued Contributor

Basing surgery on geography and budget is a recipe for regret. Have a look at the recommended surgeons from patient results on the forum. Focus on patients who have a similar pattern of MPB with the same goals as you have. You’ll find a common denominator in the end. All the best. 👍

2 hours ago, zenmu said:

US is very overpriced, while europe is much cheaper with better quality than US. Higher price doesnt mean better quality, but mostly depends on the particular location, the taxes, expenses, rents etc..So you pay more for the expenses,taxes, not for quality.
Its better to go to countries like Mexico, Brasil in which you could find great doctors at much lower prices than US.
In Turkey aldo you can find excellent doctors in affordable prices. Do your research.

Edited by BaldGuy
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Demography has nothing to do with skills...

If budget is non issue than look at dr munib ahmad who is producing excellent outcome ...his hairline work is very natural and he is an artist 

You mentioned that dr gabel quoted you 1600 grafts that means you just need a hairline work..and for that if you wanna look at the budget doctor thn you can consider dr de freitas ,pekiner,pinto,couto and ferreira ..those are the better budget options to consider..all are in between 3-5 euros per grafts...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

7 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Demography has nothing to do with skills...

If budget is non issue than look at dr munib ahmad who is producing excellent outcome ...his hairline work is very natural and he is an artist 

You mentioned that dr gabel quoted you 1600 grafts that means you just need a hairline work..and for that if you wanna look at the budget doctor thn you can consider dr de freitas ,pekiner,pinto,couto and ferreira ..those are the better budget options to consider..all are in between 3-5 euros per grafts...

thank you!! yes i’ll likely be traveling out of the US to get it done in this case. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

US is very overpriced, while europe is much cheaper with better quality than US. Higher price doesnt mean better quality, but mostly depends on the particular location, the taxes, expenses, rents etc..So you pay more for the expenses,taxes, not for quality.
Its better to go to countries like Mexico, Brasil in which you could find great doctors at much lower prices than US.
In Turkey aldo you can find excellent doctors in affordable prices. Do your research.

appreciate the response, i’ll continue doing research. i don’t plane on getting a transplant for a few years so i’m gaining knowledge now

Edited by zenmu

On 6/30/2023 at 9:00 AM, zenmu said:

you can go with european elite surgeons in spain and portugal for 3-4 eur per graft, you have more options then just usa and turkey

e.g. mexico is also an option (nader was already mentioned but you also have espinosa custodio for example) or colombia (bogota hairlines)

all the best

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

1 hour ago, EstheticAvenue said:

You shouldn't only think of as a cost saving, Turkey has a well-established reputation for hair transplant procedures, with experienced surgeons and state-of-the-art clinics. Many Turkish surgeons have extensive experience in performing hair transplants and have treated numerous international patients. Yes Turkey has become a popular destination for hair transplants due to its competitive pricing but Turkish clinics have a track record of delivering successful hair transplant results. And Many Turkish clinics like us offer comprehensive packages that include accommodation, transportation, and post-operative care. This can make the entire process more convenient and hassle-free for patients traveling from abroad. So you can think of it as holiday and also a getting a succesful hair transplant without a worry. If you can provide us some pictures we can give you speciliazed treatment plan. Wishing you good luck!

Your Clinic is a hair mill tho so he should stay away from it