Bad reaction to HT

Hi everyone, my first subject post despite being and avid viewer of this forum for years!

I had my HT last Friday in Istanbul, I may share my experience on a seperate thread, and now on day 4 post op I feel my body has reacted badly to the HT and wondered if anyone had similar experiences?  Firstly I was very nervous / anxious so did not sleep well 2 days before the op, then on the day as you know it is a long very tiring day, at the end if it all you want to do is sleep which is one thing you can't do ! on morning of day 3 post op my head really swelled up, my eyes were quite puffy.  today I have 1 black eye and around the recipient area seems like bruising - very yellowy.  My wife says I look like i've been beaten up !  and I do !  The frustration of virtually no sleep for almost a week is very unpleasant, i'm on the sofa otherwise I will keep waking her up.  I'm one of those people who find it hard to sleep unless very confortable in bed, i.e. I can't sleep on a chair or on a flight.  I'm not too worried about it as everybody's body is different and I guess mine is a bit sensitive.  Can't wait for day 10 and return to a bit of normality.  I just wondered if anyone else had similar reactions as i don't notice any similar experiences from the reviews?  Or am I just being a big baby ?  😀

• Moderators

Some people really swell up a lot. It's normal, so don't worry too much about it. The worst days are days 2 through 4, so you should be coming out of it and feeling a bit better very soon. A couple more days and you should be able to get some good sleep. Everyone goes through it to some degree.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

6 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Some people really swell up a lot. It's normal, so don't worry too much about it. The worst days are days 2 through 4, so you should be coming out of it and feeling a bit better very soon. A couple more days and you should be able to get some good sleep. Everyone goes through it to some degree.

Thanks BeHappy, that's very reassuring.  Paitence is a virtue 🙂

• Valued Contributor

Be strong my friend ...you will be fine soon...i hope you are on post op medication which will calm those inflammation down and some doctors do prescribe sleeping pills to some patients so you can ask for that....few people are sensitive and react abnormally to surgery ...but hang on for a day or two and it will subside ....and still if it worsens or not tolerable to you than you can even consult a good local doctor to help you out with this...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Long day means more injections and all that fluid has to fall, so it will manifest in swelling and black eyes very often. As said above it should peak and go and usually around 4 days or so it hits eyes and then you will see it subside. All the best for your healing and keep in touch with your clinic for anything that causes concern but from what you have described then this is part of the journey. 

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network