• Valued Contributor
32 minutes ago, ChuckyChamb said:

Makes Turkey seem more attractive

And there in lies the danger. But you are correct in that you do not have to spend the house on surgery. By doing research on patient results here on HRN you can find who the best surgeon is for you. Not the most expensive surgeon. All the best!

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

And there in lies the danger. But you are correct in that you do not have to spend the house on surgery. By doing research on patient results here on HRN you can find who the best surgeon is for you. Not the most expensive surgeon. All the best!

Yes - I am very glad to have stumbled upon this site!

That being said it is a bit overwhelming. I am browsing threads and checking out doctors who names come up regularly then checking them out. 

The only certainty is that I am getting a HT. Finding the doc that is right for me without actually going through the process of actually having the surgery is going to be difficult for sure. As long as I chose a doc on the recommended list or one who is brought up a lot (Pekiner for instance) gives me a greater chance for success I hope. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, ChuckyChamb said:

Yes - I am very glad to have stumbled upon this site!

That being said it is a bit overwhelming. I am browsing threads and checking out doctors who names come up regularly then checking them out. 

The only certainty is that I am getting a HT. Finding the doc that is right for me without actually going through the process of actually having the surgery is going to be difficult for sure. As long as I chose a doc on the recommended list or one who is brought up a lot (Pekiner for instance) gives me a greater chance for success I hope. 

Then definitely take your time in doing your research and due diligence. Don't feel pressured or rushed in anyway. I would even recommend shaving your head to see how it looks ( you never know until you do). The best thing about a hair transplant is that it is permanent. The worst thing about a hair transplant is that it is permanent. Spend at least a year and I wish you all the best. You will learn a lot if you are part of the community. 👍

12 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Then definitely take your time in doing your research and due diligence. Don't feel pressured or rushed in anyway. I would even recommend shaving your head to see how it looks ( you never know until you do). The best thing about a hair transplant is that it is permanent. The worst thing about a hair transplant is that it is permanent. Spend at least a year and I wish you all the best. You will learn a lot if you are part of the community. 👍

Appreciate that

2 hours ago, ChuckyChamb said:

The good docs are big money in the US. I thought 16500 for about 2000 grafts was expensive but Koniors cost is around 30k. Get what you pay for I suspect. 

It’s all supply and demand. Konior is highly in demand and charges what he wants. 

Turkey doctors do the same. They feel cheap to you because you’re enjoying the currency exploitation but they charge Konior prices according to their country standards. 

Just imagine yourself earning the currency of the country you consider cheap to put things in perspective.

Like Gatsby I don’t recommend going to Turkey when you live in the best country in the world. Maybe you can save money but being alone in a foreign country dealing with foreigners who don’t even speak your language, it’s not really nice. 

48 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

It’s all supply and demand. Konior is highly in demand and charges what he wants. 

Turkey doctors do the same. They feel cheap to you because you’re enjoying the currency exploitation but they charge Konior prices according to their country standards. 

Just imagine yourself earning the currency of the country you consider cheap to put things in perspective.

Like Gatsby I don’t recommend going to Turkey when you live in the best country in the world. Maybe you can save money but being alone in a foreign country dealing with foreigners who don’t even speak your language, it’s not really nice. 

This is accurate. £3 a graft for someone who is paying in lira isn't all that different than, say, $15 a graft for an American.

I do disagree that the US is the best for transplants though. So many mediocre doctors there -- don't think there are more than 5 worth visiting. It's not like it's easy to recover from American doctors either, and the medical system is madly overpriced. The only place that's even worse money for value is the UK because they're also overpriced, but somehow even worse. Turkey, like anywhere else in the world, only works if you do proper research and select a good doctor.

I struggled with this a little bit being in the UK - eventually it came down to a lot of what you're saying. I found after countless nights on here that there were other men going to Turkey who were getting excellent results. There were also plenty who were remorseful of rushed decisions. I went to Bicer recently because I was not convinced from reading that I'd get a better doctor in the UK that was achieving as consistent results as her and others were for a far cheaper price, which is why I went with her. It's also hard to gage because you're never going to be 100% sure, there will always be that part of you that thinks 'oh it might just be easier to get it done in the States'. At the end of the day it's a personal choice which will factor in cost, reviews of surgeons, along with your personal motivations. I'm not even a week post transplant but I'm pleased I went abroad and saved the £10k for a comparable surgeon.

On 6/20/2023 at 10:17 AM, ChuckyChamb said:

The good docs are big money in the US. I thought 16500 for about 2000 grafts was expensive but Koniors cost is around 30k. Get what you pay for I suspect. 

Go to Europe, where 90% of the best surgeons are located. Many charge between $3-5 per graft 

you would pay 8k-10k for that amount of grafts if you would go with hattingen in switzerland, zarev in bulgaria or bisanga in belgium

those surgeons are absolutely elite and dont have to hide in comparison with konior (who is undoubtedly one of the best)

we have to keep in mind though that wages are definitely higher in the usa which means that us doctors have higher expenses in staff and also more potential "rich“ customers

6 hours ago, ChuckyChamb said:

The more research I do, it is becomes more apparent that Konior is the Goat. 

Who in Europe is on his level?

There is nobody else in the world that achieve same results. If there is, we don’t know yet.

I have noticed why his results are so good and it seems he is able to do more with less grafts. Which must mean he has high graft survival rate. He gets the same results with 2k grafts that turkey clinics require 3500-4000 grafts for.

It’s not even artistry or some magic angles, he just has good survival rate.

This is the same thing with Eugenix with their revolutionary DHT method. They implant grafts directly without letting them stay outside body for more than a minute. They don’t have the best artistry, heck they even use technicians or it seems more unknown doctors as they expand but their quality is same. 

I don’t know what methods Konior use that gives insane survival, his clients are filthy rich who don’t hang around forums like these so very few results and info around. 

7 hours ago, ChuckyChamb said:

The more research I do, it is becomes more apparent that Konior is the Goat. 

Who in Europe is on his level?

i think fuegenix is better. and nobody can compete with dr zarev when it comes to norwood 5 and higher. people even think his results are fake