I’m a victim of cosmedica hair transplant

I’m a victim of cosmedica  , I had tiny bald spaces to the sides only , they did transplantation over half on my head ( without microscope) on the top of my native hair , they killed all of my normal pre existing hair , two months and all of my hair to the sides growing but nothing on the top ..further more they over harvested my donor area , you will only get nice building and decoration there , I’m psychologically complaining now

Sad to hear you've experienced this. Cosmedica is a well known butchery mill however. Luckily there are plenty of quality surgeons who should be able to rectify it for you

edit: Saw it's only been 2 months since your surgery, there will be no growth on top until atleast 3 months then up until around 8-12 months it will thicken. Relax pal

Edited by Spring15
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

@Heydarzahedi Don't feel low brother...you said 2 months and you can't see any growth ..nobody see growth at 2 months and existing hairs do get lost and its called shock loss...calm,down and give it sometime ..you would be fine .....you cannot even judge that your donor is over harvested at this stage ....its way too early to speak about anythng..i would say you have chosen a hairmill but many of times this hairmills do produce decent outcome ....and this is a long wait...so keep calm...

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 3

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

28 minutes ago, ITA said:

that Cosmedica is a well-known hair mill is known, but shouting disaster is excessive now.

In a way I am glad that I listened to many of the bad reviews I have seen from turkish hairmills all those years back. I just feel sorry for all those people who get butchered by them and can't find their way back. Its a brutal reality.

Hopefully OP can get away with a decent result to the very least. 

• Like 1

Are you sure you’re not overreacting to natural order of things? 

Shock loss happens to many people and there is a shed before hair grows again.

I have seen many good results from cosmedica on this Facebook groups so it would be nice to see some picture to judge the results

• Like 1

• Administrators

Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you share photos?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 6/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Sorry to hear about your experience. Can you share photos?

On 6/11/2023 at 3:13 PM, Turkhair said:

Are you sure you’re not overreacting to natural order of things? 

Shock loss happens to many people and there is a shed before hair grows again.

I have seen many good results from cosmedica on this Facebook groups so it would be nice to see some picture to judge the results

FE8B5ACE-88D4-4BBA-B5D4-E39034B9109C.jpeg

E1349DDF-1E1E-4895-8936-0AE78DC0F026.jpeg

9C735050-0F16-41C6-A6CF-DF1E5A5A40E2.jpeg

FEFFB89C-5A50-4A37-A963-AFCC4D637AFE.jpeg

This may be just shock loss. Two months is way to early to take conclusions. 

Sometimes hairmills can get you elite level results provided you are lucky so I would still wait a couple more before getting into conclusions. 

There have been a couple of reports here of great results even in hairmills so don't lose out all hope. There is still time for you to get it right. 

12 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

This may be just shock loss. Two months is way to early to take conclusions. 

Sometimes hairmills can get you elite level results provided you are lucky so I would still wait a couple more before getting into conclusions. 

There have been a couple of reports here of great results even in hairmills so don't lose out all hope. There is still time for you to get it right. 

Thank you for your reply , but they didn’t grow at all , if they grow a little bit and shed then i can tell it’s a shock loss like what’s happening now for those 25% of the growing native hair , they are shedding so fast i feel like i went there with hair and leave them with 10% of my original hair , furthermore the newly growing transplanted hair ( after the shedding phase ) are shedding again, i don’t know why they erupt small short and shed easily 

5 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Looks like shockloss to me

Thank you for your reply , but they didn’t grow at all , if they grow a little bit and shed then i can tell it’s a shock loss like what’s happening now for those 25% of the growing native hair , they are shedding so fast i feel like i went there with hair and leave them with 10% of my original hair , furthermore the newly growing transplanted hair ( after the shedding phase ) are shedding again, i don’t know why they erupt small short and shed easily 

2 minutes ago, Heydarzahedi said:

This is expected at the two month mark with pretty much every surgery. You will usually "lose" those grafts after the first month, sometimes even earlier then that. I wouldnt really fret for the shedding, its mostly at the 4th month that you can start to expect some "real" growth from those folicles, its always best to adjust expectations when you build your own "internal" timeline. 

Native hair can also be affected with shock loss especially in diffuse thinners so that is something that would also be in part "normal" if you will.

As @Melvin- Moderator says, it gets worse before it gets better. 

• Administrators

Two months is WAY too early to form any kind of judgement. You’re in the ugly duckling phase. Be patient. Do not pass judgment until 10 months post-op.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate i had same situation as u really , they covered half my head with hair i didnt  really need , i only needed about 1000 grafts , all my native hair fell out on top , by month 3 it starting coming back now i have a full head of hair so do not worry