norwooding at 19

carlos55

Consult with a dermatologist, you seem to be receeding from your entrances/temple area. Get on Finasteride ASAP if you get diagnosed with MPB and save yourself the trouble of surgery. 

Hair Loss is a commitement on the long term and transplants arent the cure. If you get a hair transplant now especially without meds your native hair will continue receeding and you will keep chasing your baldness forever. 

• Administrators

You need to treat the root cause of your hair loss with medication. Contact a local dermatologist or hair transplant surgeon to get you on medical therapy. You’re not a candidate for surgery at this age, but there’s a good chance you can save and even regrow some hair with medical therapy. Where do you live? I can give you some suggestions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Consult with a dermatologist, you seem to be receeding from your entrances/temple area. Get on Finasteride ASAP if you get diagnosed with MPB and save yourself the trouble of surgery. 

Hair Loss is a commitement on the long term and transplants arent the cure. If you get a hair transplant now especially without meds your native hair will continue receeding and you will keep chasing your baldness forever. 

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You need to treat the root cause of your hair loss with medication. Contact a local dermatologist or hair transplant surgeon to get you on medical therapy. You’re not a candidate for surgery at this age, but there’s a good chance you can save and even regrow some hair with medical therapy. Where do you live? I can give you some suggestions.

I just saw some pics of 2 years ago, I was 17 at the time, I had a square perfect hairline with a bunch of hair, basically perfect hair.

I got into fad diets and did low carb/keto diet for a while, which are known to destroy the thyroid which causes hair loss. On top of that, I got into a fair share of stress during this age. I remember running my hand through my hair and getting tons of hair out.

As of today, I stopped the shedding after getting off the fad diet. I don't see any shedding in the shower, and I only see a few hairs whenever I run my hands through my whole head but that's normal. I'd say I have very little shedding right now, or basically none.

The issue is to regrow the hair, which I don't know if it's even possible.

I'm located in Spain

8 minutes ago, carlos55 said:

I just saw some pics of 2 years ago, I was 17 at the time, I had a square perfect hairline with a bunch of hair, basically perfect hair.

I got into fad diets and did low carb/keto diet for a while, which are known to destroy the thyroid which causes hair loss. On top of that, I got into a fair share of stress during this age. I remember running my hand through my hair and getting tons of hair out.

As of today, I stopped the shedding after getting off the fad diet. I don't see any shedding in the shower, and I only see a few hairs whenever I run my hands through my whole head but that's normal. I'd say I have very little shedding right now, or basically none.

I'm located in Spain

It is but you should get checked ASAP by a derm to see if you have AGA or not. 

If you do you can start Finasteride, and if it isnt enough to regrow you can always jump in to Minoxidil which will stimulate your folicles to regrow. I would still advise you to take action now and not brush this off like I did in my early days. Prevention always beats remediation, especially when it comes to hair loss. 

3 hours ago, carlos55 said:

I'm located in Spain

you would loss hair all over the place and not just at the typical norwood areas

the hair you lost is due to male pattern baldness and wont grow back (maybe with medication but you dont want to take it)

if you keep balding without medication will depend on your genetic, you can look at your male older relatives to get an idea

right now i would advice against a hairtransplant because you dont use medication; wait and see where you at with 25

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

you would loss hair all over the place and not just at the typical norwood areas

the hair you lost is due to male pattern baldness and wont grow back (maybe with medication but you dont want to take it)

if you keep balding without medication will depend on your genetic, you can look at your male older relatives to get an idea

right now i would advice against a hairtransplant because you dont use medication; wait and see where you at with 25

Hi,

I just took a better look today at the mirror and the hair at the temples is still there, thinning and with low density, but there's still something, because of the color of my hair / lighting it can't be seen on the pictures.

Some of my family have a nice hair into old age whereas some others are completely bald. it seems to be based on luck

I just hope it stays the same for a long long time.

Thanks you all for the help, it's really appreciated

• 8 months later...

Hi you all! Thought I'd update on this. When I heard about medication, I thought you guys were asking if I was on some medication that could produce hair loss. I was totally unaware that DHT blockers were actually a thing. I researched a bit last summer about hair loss and saw plenty of "natural" stuff like bludflow, caffeine and some other scams. Luckily I decided to contact a derm and I started Finasteride and Topical Minoxidil in early september. Currently I'm 5 1/2 months into treatment and my hairline is much stronger and I haven't had any sides at all!

photo_5956119767326768831_y.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 2/20/2024 at 5:26 PM, carlos55 said:

Luckily I decided to contact a derm and I started Finasteride and Topical Minoxidil in early september. Currently I'm 5 1/2 months into treatment and my hairline is much stronger and I haven't had any sides at all!

That's great news. Hopefully you can keep the hair you have for many years to come and never need a hair transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.