Dr De Freitas 05/22/23 (3233 Grafts)

25 minutes ago, Will_the_way said:

Thanks man! Seeing daily improvements at this point and can’t wait to see what’s in store over the next few weeks. You have made an amazing decision going with him for your surgery. I can say with the utmost confidence that you are in incredible hands. Let me know if you have any questions about anything as you get closer to / following your procedure. Im happy to answer!

Actually, there are few questions on my mind at this point:

- Did you stay at the same hotel (Silken Valencia) and how much did you have to pay extra?

- What about complete blood count and all the other tests, how many weeks before surgery do you receive the list from the clinic that contains every single thing that you have to check?

- Can you elaborate further about hairline design process before the surgery? 

- Is there anything that could have been done differently during your stay there? It seems from your description like it was smooth sailing more or less.

Clinic has told me that they can't remember the last time when they had patient from Croatia, haha. It will certainly make the experience more enjoyable since it adds another layer to the whole story.

And I have to be extra careful in order to avoid bumping my head somewhere since I'm very tall (203 cm, 6' 8").

1 minute ago, Kraki77 said:

Actually, there are few questions on my mind at this point:

- Did you stay at the same hotel (Silken Valencia) and how much did you have to pay extra?

- What about complete blood count and all the other tests, how many weeks before surgery do you receive the list from the clinic that contains every single thing that you have to check?

- Can you elaborate further about hairline design process before the surgery? 

- Is there anything that could have been done differently during your stay there? It seems from your description like it was smooth sailing more or less.

Clinic has told me that they can't remember the last time when they had patient from Croatia, haha. It will certainly make the experience more enjoyable since it adds another layer to the whole story.

And I have to be extra careful in order to avoid bumping my head somewhere since I'm very tall (203 cm, 6' 8").

I stayed in the Silken from the 20th - 29th if I remember correctly, and the extra nights that weren’t provided by the clinic + breakfast were about 1200 euros. If you have the ability to do this, I would highly recommend since you can go to the clinic on day 8 to have them wash. 

I received the blood test instructions as soon as I confirmed my date, along with all the other pre op instructions. I will send you a DM of what I received. 

as far as the hairline design went, I went in with the intention of lowering my hairline and I expressed that in my consultation. The doctor drew the hairline and I was immediately pleased. I think he probably starts at the most aggressive he is willing to go, and then depending on how conservative the patient wants to be, you can discuss how far up you want to push it. There was no discussion on my end as he had drawn my dream hairline from the jump. 

as far as what I’d do differently, I’d take more time off and go to València earlier to enjoy the city. It is absolutely beautiful. I walked around with a hat on my last day and was so sad I wasn’t able to see more. 

I’m 5’8 so unfortunately I can’t relate to the issues that arise with being tall 😂 but even I bumped my head in the cab on the way home after the 2nd day (no issues) so it’s important to be EXTREMELY cautions. Especially at 6’8. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

4 months have come and gone since my HT and it’s definitely been a roller coaster. At this point I’m fairly happy with the results and look far better than when I started. I’m excited for the hair to mature and grow over the next several months, and expect it to be a lot less anxiety inducing than the last 4 😂 I have reached a point where I can put a little hair fiber in and go out without a hat, and that in itself makes it worth it for me. A huge weight has been lifted and I’m so happy I finally did this. It feels like I have a new lease on life and I can’t wait to find my confidence again. IMG_2534.thumb.jpeg.015a541f8703685e40e1a2dc56a13575.jpegIMG_2535.thumb.jpeg.5671be2cee5dbe0d446d6d3994fba01e.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I realized my recent updates weren’t super detailed photos wise and since I just got a haircut I figured I’d post a few more. I know I had a request to post in sunlight and I promise I will do that at my 5 month update! 

Also just wanted to note, I have not cut the top of my head at all yet and that is the reason for the difference in lengths between native and transplanted hair. My thoughts are that I’d be able to have natural longer hair sooner if I keep growing it out, instead of shorter blended hair now.

hair natural 

IMG_3208.thumb.jpeg.1f41ef64356c0683899f6c38e606d4c1.jpeg

From left 

IMG_3210.thumb.jpeg.8689486797c35efd0cdaa2ef73b1cc18.jpeg

from right 

IMG_3209.thumb.jpeg.b0594cf15878949b5d2c1d1e83f6cbb7.jpeg

brushed back 

IMG_3206.thumb.jpeg.6fbac2bc3d226523739a3695234cbc32.jpeg

left side brushed back

IMG_3207.thumb.jpeg.47addbb6f0ea1a2b9784b0772122433c.jpeg

All transplanted hair brushed down. Very little if any native hair in the forward section  

Facetune_14-10-2023-19-26-26.thumb.jpeg.5bd741063929d309a7a22f16f593daeb.jpeg

donor 

IMG_3173.thumb.jpeg.f7fbea79fe57679d83f414fcc5ae64fa.jpeg

Edited by Will_the_way
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Wow! What a mop of hair! 🤩👌

Thank you!! 😁😁 I’m thinking the oral minoxidil has really changed my hair. I knew it felt so much different but my hairdresser confirmed today how much thicker and coarser it is. I’m definitely not upset about this as that just translates to me as stronger hair! 

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Will_the_way said:

Thank you!! 😁😁 I’m thinking the oral minoxidil has really changed my hair. I knew it felt so much different but my hairdresser confirmed today how much thicker and coarser it is. I’m definitely not upset about this as that just translates to me as stronger hair! 

Yes oral minoxidil made a huge difference for me also. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

5 month update:

Hey all, 5 months just passed since my transplant and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Over the last few weeks I have noticed things filling in, and I continue to feel stubble popping through when I run my fingers through my transplanted area which means density should only increase from here.  

as promised, for this update I have included pictures in direct sunlight/the harshest lighting I could find, so everyone can really see what’s going on. 

before shower   

IMG_0325.thumb.jpeg.becd0842f9ad5f6aa9f142dee4dc320d.jpeg

immediately after shower and air dry (no product)

IMG_0322.thumb.jpeg.254d99613b59809c0e6eb1de66ab830b.jpeg

IMG_0323.thumb.jpeg.ed9f4150e7767f8b977f6b27f68ff3e6.jpegIMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.ddd46244ceb4d4a7f9c7f71350b3436c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 2

I am 1.5 month post op with Dr.Couto and I look really similar to you at the same time frame. not all of the transplanted grafts fell off and some are already starting to pop out. 

I hope i will have the same growth as you in the next coming weeks. Impressive

There comes a point where you just have to admire what you see and appreciate the skill that is necessary to create this naturalness. It can hardly be any better, especially at this point. 

Enjoy it, this has the potential to reinvigorate life on so many levels and it really shows how much of a difference a little bit of hair can make for some people.

I could watch this hairline over and over again, haha. 

Thank you for the updates, it calms me down additionally before my own procedure. 

Every word rendered entirely redundant by this comparison. It simply defies description. It just shows how much the whole industry went forward if you know where to look.

And to top it all off, you have a really favorable skin/hair contrast that adds that extra touch to the whole wow effect.

Blank 2 Grids Collage.png

Edited by Kraki77
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Kraki77 said:

There comes a point where you just have to admire what you see and appreciate the skill that is necessary to create this naturalness. It can hardly be any better, especially at this point. 

Enjoy it, this has the potential to reinvigorate life on so many levels and it really shows how much of a difference a little bit of hair can make for some people.

I could watch this hairline over and over again, haha. 

Thank you for the updates, it calms me down additionally before my own procedure. 

There is no denying the artistry. I’m still in awe every time I look at my hair and would recommend de Freitas 10 times over to anyone considering a hair transplant. The positive impacts have already become clear. People treat me differently, smile at me more, my friends who have great hair and who should never consider a HT are asking me for info about the doctor 😂 I don’t have words to express how grateful I am to him and his team and wish them all the success as it is so deserved. 

1 hour ago, O-Myles59 said:

this looks awesome. You must be over the moon 

To say that my expectations have been exceeded doesn’t feel like enough. I knew I was setting myself up for success but never thought I’d end up this happy with the outcome. I have to pinch myself in the mornings when I’m standing in the mirror to remind myself its real. 

5 hours ago, Youth_Again said:

I am 1.5 month post op with Dr.Couto and I look really similar to you at the same time frame. not all of the transplanted grafts fell off and some are already starting to pop out. 

I hope i will have the same growth as you in the next coming weeks. Impressive

I hope so too man! Good luck! Couto was my 2nd choice and I’m guessing you’ll be very happy with your results

• Administrators

Looks amazing man 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow, good for you, it’s looking incredible!  I can relate to waking up and feeling happy when looking in the mirror and I love not wearing a hat everywhere.

The best part, you’re only 5 months along, Freitas is a magician!

• Like 1