Dr De Freitas 05/22/23 (3233 Grafts)

2 minutes ago, Jtoorrees said:

Might be a dumb question but what happens if you get on a plane with swelling? Asking because I plan on leaving back to the US the day after.

I had similar worries. The clinic responded that I can alsk the board assistance for cold ice to be directly applied on the forehead. 

10 minutes ago, Jtoorrees said:

Got it ok thanks, I was wondering if the pressurization or anything could cause me to lose grafts lol. Was also worried they wouldn’t let me on if I’m too swollen.

Don't think so. But it will likely give you some discomfort. Another thing to mention besides hitting your head is making sure you don't constantly tilt it forward. :)

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention. They also advise you to drink a lot of water before and after the surgery so having a water bottle next to you will help. 

I know this may sound paranoid of me but since I am also leaving in the next day I actually asked for a wheelchair assistance just to prevent fatigue to catch up with me, especially since I leave early in the morning. It will help me getting priority and possibly bumping over other people along the way. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jtoorrees said:

Got it ok thanks, I was wondering if the pressurization or anything could cause me to lose grafts lol. Was also worried they wouldn’t let me on if I’m too swollen.

You definitely can fly if you choose to and I don’t think there’s any risk of grafts popping out from pressure. I just didn’t want to feel like my head was going to explode for 10 hours 😂 my swelling was BAD. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 month update:

Hey everyone! 

I wanted to provide a one month update. As you’ll see from the photos, I am deep in the ugly duckling phase. I noticed shedding up until the end of week 3 and from then it seems that the transplanted hair has stopped falling out. I am also noticing new hairs pop up every single day and am very excited for the journey. 

other than that, there really isn’t much to update on. I am still on oral min and fin and have not experienced any side effects. Redness in the recipient area is definitely subsiding as well. 

CE61961E-F070-4A1E-B481-B8BD1B63FD79.thumb.jpeg.b54f479df4af27c64709e2b006bc3dc0.jpeg71B99AA1-1535-4B6C-B319-03B1274BE2AB.thumb.jpeg.3583c7d07d402bba63177b1a7ea3ca53.jpeg9DDB51CA-48C7-4C74-B72E-80EDDD0F27F4.thumb.jpeg.c9efff60462e95138b1f9cf2d9d3a093.jpeg

05182236-8D2D-4883-9072-772E3542450B.jpeg

Edited by Will_the_way

Heeey. I have just had my hair transplant with Freitas, on day 3 post-op. One question, where did you get the oral minoxidil? I was given a prescription but no pharmacies in Spain can keep stock of it, it has to be ordered - and since my flight was the following day I wasn't able to get it. I have looked online and struggled to find anywhere with 5mg tablets.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Lacherlich said:

Heeey. I have just had my hair transplant with Freitas, on day 3 post-op. One question, where did you get the oral minoxidil? I was given a prescription but no pharmacies in Spain can keep stock of it, it has to be ordered - and since my flight was the following day I wasn't able to get it. I have looked online and struggled to find anywhere with 5mg tablets.

Thanks!

Congrats man! I actually was in Valencia for a little over a week so I was able to get it from a pharmacy there before I left. I’m not sure what I’ll do once that 90 day supply runs out. Let me know if you find somewhere with 5mg! 

6 minutes ago, Lacherlich said:

Thanks!

Wait a second, youre on 3rd day post op aswell? Perhaps we actually met! 

I had a proccedure Thursday and Friday and got the OM on the spanish pharmacy, my GP surgery asked me to request a discharge information from the clinic post op for the OM prescription so I will be able to get it here aswell, I might phone them now just to check it.

Hey

I had mine on the same days! What a coincidence haha. I met another English guy from Blackpool (maybe it was you?) but no one else. Ah, I took the prescription they gave me to a pharmacy in the UK, but they wont accept it as the signature was printed not hand written. I have emailed the clinic so hopefully they will get in touch soon.

10 minutes ago, Lacherlich said:

Hey

I had mine on the same days! What a coincidence haha. I met another English guy from Blackpool (maybe it was you?) but no one else. Ah, I took the prescription they gave me to a pharmacy in the UK, but they wont accept it as the signature was printed not hand written. I have emailed the clinic so hopefully they will get in touch soon.

I had a patient saying "Hi" to me when I was in my restroom, I was the guy who was at room 1 (not gonna reveal the name here privacy and stuff) so I assume it was you? What an amazing coincidence. 

I wasnt the english guy but currently living in the UK aswell. 
I also flew back on Saturday but had to go through connection flight. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender

Maybe it was me, it was a bit of a blur tbh ha! I went to like 6 pharmacies and they all said they would have to order it in for me, so I wouldn't still be in Valencia by the time it was ready. Did you go to a specific pharmacy to get it? I have been doing some reading and it seems OM isn't super essential at this point, but for better results it helps so keen to get my hands on it!

11 minutes ago, Lacherlich said:

Maybe it was me, it was a bit of a blur tbh ha! I went to like 6 pharmacies and they all said they would have to order it in for me, so I wouldn't still be in Valencia by the time it was ready. Did you go to a specific pharmacy to get it? I have been doing some reading and it seems OM isn't super essential at this point, but for better results it helps so keen to get my hands on it!

Its not a must but it helps alot your native hairs and speed up progress and you can start using it by your third day. I had my dad pick it up to a pharmacy in Valencia while I was being operated and got mine. 

I have spoken with my local surgery and was told that they are already aware of the email but it has to be reviewed by my GP so they will contact me soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to do a quick 2 month update. Everything seems to be on track, with new hairs popping up every day. I have especially noticed it in the last week and I hope I’m finally turning the corner and will see big growth through the next few months. IMG_9105.thumb.jpeg.2858cb675717aa90db1562bdc61071c4.jpegIMG_9106.thumb.jpeg.52222a751f4456d4a4a9d5b592ebda5d.jpegIMG_9107.thumb.jpeg.f84cf7167788ccf1702ae8bb67ed7f7d.jpegIMG_9111.thumb.jpeg.dc348d9cdf0af1ccd1e3d2f6e1c25d29.jpeg

Edited by Will_the_way
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

just wanted to make a post to include pics of my first signs of growth, since I found it somewhat hard to find close up high quality pics of early growth when I was doing my research. 

I started seeing hair sprout around 60 days post op, and while I still have a long way to go, at least seeing the hairs has been very reassuring. The longer thicker hair that you see is the transplanted hair that never shed.

IMG_9716.thumb.jpeg.790d5cb940653ba63f63d19845a2780b.jpegIMG_9728.thumb.jpeg.7b629f1822a262104f73168e0858cf07.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

3 month update

Hey everyone, I’m just shy of 3 months post op so it’s time for an update! Since my last update I have noticed the transplanted hair continue to sprout. It seems like every day I can see a difference in density and thickness of the hair. Really excited to see what’s in store over the next few weeks. I can finally breathe knowing the hair is alive and well lol

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

IMG_1030.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Will_the_way said:

3 month update

Hey everyone, I’m just shy of 3 months post op so it’s time for an update! Since my last update I have noticed the transplanted hair continue to sprout. It seems like every day I can see a difference in density and thickness of the hair. Really excited to see what’s in store over the next few weeks. I can finally breathe knowing the hair is alive and well lol

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

IMG_1030.jpeg

Looks promissing and it seems like youre an early bloomer.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed your hairs initially coming out as velus? I am nearing the end of month 2 (week 8 and have been noticing some popping out). Hopefully its a good sign of things to come.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Looks promissing and it seems like youre an early bloomer.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed your hairs initially coming out as velus? I am nearing the end of month 2 (week 8 and have been noticing some popping out). Hopefully its a good sign of things to come.

Hey man! Yes, when I first started noticing growth it was just a ton of peach fuzz and I wasn’t sure if it was the normal peach fuzz I had near my hairline, or if it was transplanted hair. Then they started getting much longer than the surrounding peach fuzz and after a few weeks I could really see them. Initially I could only see them in certain lighting but I could feel them. 

Edited by Will_the_way
  • Like 1

Just now, Will_the_way said:

Hey man! Yes, when I first started noticing growth it was just a ton of peach fuzz and I wasn’t sure if it was the normal peach fuzz I had near my hairline, or if it was transplanted hair. Then they started getting much longer than the surrounding peach fuzz and after a few weeks I could really see them. Initially I could only see them in certain lighting but I could feel them. 

Yes! THIS! 
Its exactly whats happening to me, and when I pass my hand in my head I can feel it sometimes but VEEEERY slightly!

Like when I take photos with mobile or anything they are literally invisible like their using some sort of Harry Potter mantle ahahah. What makes me feel confident is that this is happening in month 2, so maybe around next month (month 3) and month 4 it will be getting better.

And the good thing about it is that I will be off for a 1 month trip abroad so I will be able to enjoy my gains during a big holiday. :D

Your regrowth looks fantastic! The next update will be even better. I notice a few grafts haven't sprouted yet, but they seem on the cusp of doing so, which will add to the density. The lowered hairline will improve facial framing for sure 🔥

Were you open about having a transplant, or did you keep it a secret from people? Personally, I've never understood the idea of concealing a hair transplant from everyone. Being open about it seems less stressful than trying to hide it 👉👈

3 minutes ago, mxnprettynice said:

Your regrowth looks fantastic! The next update will be even better. I notice a few grafts haven't sprouted yet, but they seem on the cusp of doing so, which will add to the density. The lowered hairline will improve facial framing for sure 🔥

Were you open about having a transplant, or did you keep it a secret from people? Personally, I've never understood the idea of concealing a hair transplant from everyone. Being open about it seems less stressful than trying to hide it 👉👈

Thank you! 😁 can’t wait for the next update.  Luckily I work from home so I was able to remain somewhat private about it, but everybody in my inner circle knew that I was getting it done. The people I couldn’t hide it from lol. The new head of hair would be pretty difficult to explain otherwise 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn’t wait for 4 month update as the growth I’ve experienced over the last few weeks has been crazy and I have to share. It’s safe to say Dr. De Freitas changed my life and I never thought I’d be ready to say that at 3.5 months lol. So without further ado here is a pic from today at 3.5 months post op. IMG_1858.thumb.jpeg.5f6ab569c27a501d978ebaef1eb8328e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 2

Wow. This already looks outstanding and it already gives you that fresher and younger look. Framing of the face here makes absolutely massive difference, it's hard to negate the obvious. Still a long way to go, but this has all the necessary ingredients for stellar outcome. And as much as it helps you, it also boosts my confidence before upcoming procedure with Dr Freitas at the end of this year.

Just keep updating, we can never get tired of these de Freitas miracles.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kraki77 said:

Wow. This already looks outstanding and it already gives you that fresher and younger look. Framing of the face here makes absolutely massive difference, it's hard to negate the obvious. Still a long way to go, but this has all the necessary ingredients for stellar outcome. And as much as it helps you, it also boosts my confidence before upcoming procedure with Dr Freitas at the end of this year.

Just keep updating, we can never get tired of these de Freitas miracles.

Thanks man! Seeing daily improvements at this point and can’t wait to see what’s in store over the next few weeks. You have made an amazing decision going with him for your surgery. I can say with the utmost confidence that you are in incredible hands. Let me know if you have any questions about anything as you get closer to / following your procedure. Im happy to answer!