Good London Surgeons - Reviews For Surgeons/Suggestions Needed

Hi all,

Have been doing some research in trying to find a good surgeon in London for a hair transplant. Completely understand I can go out of the UK and get a 'better' job done at probably a fraction of the price but I do not wish to travel.

I will add I am a norwood 3 at the moment with a slight crown balding

Upon research I have discovered a few surgeons that seem to always appear;

Manish Mittal, Raghu Reddy, Farjo and Dr D'Souza 

From what I understand Reddy is the most expensive but produces superb results

Manish Mittal looked good and was my first option before I started researching/looking deeper.

However a  lot of the reviews I see on forums are from people with 1 post/new accounts etc. Seemed a little fishy, plus I believe a lot of his before/after pictures are in bright light/dimmed light

Furthermore he doesnt seem to be accredited by the ABHRS which I found very strange?

I have heard good results from thedsouzaclinic but it seems they have no before/after pictures on the website which I found  strange too? How can I rate a surgeon if i dont see their work

Farjo I have heard is hit or miss from my research

Does anyone have any experience with the above people and can recommend them? Is ABHRS Accreditation as important as it sounds?

On 6/7/2023 at 6:38 PM, burnerboy808 said:

Is ABHRS Accreditation as important as it sounds?

Nope, some of the worlds elite Drs don’t necessarily belong to some of the acronyms such as ABHRS/ISHRS/IAHRS, it is by no means any sort of guarantee they are capable of a good Hair Transplant. 
What you need to look for is plenty of patient posted reviews, some of the more well known names have been putting out decent/consistent results for many years.

Dr Reddy has recently become forum recommended again, others that you have mentioned do have the occasional miss, but this is true of every single Dr (even the so called elite) If you are adamant about staying in the Uk then just research as many of the top choices as possible. 

Edited by BRITA-XL
  • Like 2

Thank you for your reply! Yeah , adamant for UK

Thank you for this information too, I may look further into Mittal now. The ABHRS turned me away but if its not as important thats fine 

Thank you again.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, burnerboy808 said:

Hi all,

Have been doing some research in trying to find a good surgeon in London for a hair transplant. Completely understand I can go out of the UK and get a 'better' job done at probably a fraction of the price but I do not wish to travel.

Manish Mittal looked good and was my first option before I started researching/looking deeper.

However a  lot of the reviews I see on forums are from people with 1 post/new accounts etc. Seemed a little fishy, plus I believe a lot of his before/after pictures are in bright light/dimmed light

Furthermore he doesnt seem to be accredited by the ABHRS which I found very strange?

I have heard good results from thedsouzaclinic but it seems they have no before/after pictures on the website which I found  strange too? How can I rate a surgeon if i dont see their work

Does anyone have any experience with the above people and can recommend them? Is ABHRS Accreditation as important as it sounds?

All the names you’ve mentioned are great options, however havnt seen much From D’Souza. Raghu Reddy is not a member of the ABHRS, but I don’t think it adds much. Just an extra qualification. Reddy does produce great outcomes as does Mittal. Farjo is a tried a tested name that also do great work. I think it’s an intimate procedure and one where your surgeon will be in close contact with you after the fact. So you should be able to get on personally too. That was my take on it. And a surgeon that can produce good work even with smaller number of grafts. 

consultation is the most important things, and the best doctors will charge you for their time. 

if you have any q’s more than happy to help answer. 

post a few pics too.

good luck

Just now, Nelly said:

All the names you’ve mentioned are great options, however havnt seen much From D’Souza. Raghu Reddy is not a member of the ABHRS, but I don’t think it adds much. Just an extra qualification. Reddy does produce great outcomes as does Mittal. Farjo is a tried a tested name that also do great work. I think it’s an intimate procedure and one where your surgeon will be in close contact with you after the fact. So you should be able to get on personally too. That was my take on it. And a surgeon that can produce good work even with smaller number of grafts. 

consultation is the most important things, and the best doctors will charge you for their time. 

post a few pics too.

good luck

Oh and look at the IAHRS. There is a great list of excellent doctors on that list, and it’s apparently a vetted list too

ABHRS you have to apply, sit exam(s), present examples of your work and attend interviews to discuss.  Not that many doctors bother to obtain it though.

It's not a cast iron guarantee of a quality outcome but at least one valuable indicator of competence.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

2 hours ago, 1978matt said:

ABHRS you have to apply, sit exam(s), present examples of your work and attend interviews to discuss.  Not that many doctors bother to obtain it though.

It's not a cast iron guarantee of a quality outcome but at least one valuable indicator of competence.

These 'governing bodies' largely mean nothing and are 'pay-to-play' organisations. Ignore them and look for patient results and testimonials.

Edited by RTC

On 6/7/2023 at 6:38 PM, burnerboy808 said:

Hi all,

I also agree with your Manish Mittal assessment. Just about every review I've seen about him seems contrived and 'rehearsed'. Having said that, I haven't seen any negative reviews about him either.

Edited by RTC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nelly said:

post a few pics too.

good luck

Yeah theres not anything on D'souza clinic so I think I'll leave that. In London I believe the only viable options would be Mittal , Reddy or Farjo

Reddy is the best but if he is overly expensive and I can get similar results from the others I think I would opt to go for Mittal especially if accreditation does not matter

What are your thoughts on Mittal's work? I have never seen a negative review for him but not sure if this is because he is new or he is just that good?

Do you also suggest I contact both Mittal + Farjo asking for advice and compare them and let them know I've spoken to other surgeons? I think Mittals consultations are free, I would need to check Farjos

If I got a consultation between both too, would  it make a difference if I spoke to the doctor directly or someone from their team?

Sorry if it sounds stupid, im new to this whole thing

Edited by burnerboy808

36 minutes ago, RTC said:

What do you mean 'they turned you away'?

Sorry I meant Mittal not being accredited led me away from him but if that is not important then I will reassess

I think my main 2 surgeon choices would then be Mittal or Farjo. What is your opinion on their work, they both look really good to me but if we are comparing reviews I have never ever seen a negative one for Mittal.

I dont know if that is a bad thing because he is new or if he is just that good?

If I got a consultation between both too, would  it make a difference if I spoke to the doctor directly or someone from their team?

Edited by burnerboy808

31 minutes ago, burnerboy808 said:

Sorry I meant Mittal not being accredited led me away from him but if that is not important then I will reassess

I think my main 2 surgeon choices would then be Mittal or Farjo. What is your opinion on their work, they both look really good to me but if we are comparing reviews I have never ever seen a negative one for Mittal.

I dont know if that is a bad thing because he is new or if he is just that good?

Read my comments above bro. Reddy is a decent surgeon. Mittal I just don't know. Personally I wouldn't go to him. Farjo is ok too.

You would be doing yourself a disservice by not going to Dr Ball for a consultation.

One thing alot of the UK surgeons have in common is that they are very conservative in their hairlines.

Edited by RTC

On 6/8/2023 at 9:44 PM, RTC said:

Read my comments above bro. Reddy is a decent surgeon. Mittal I just don't know. Personally I wouldn't go to him. Farjo is ok too.

You would be doing yourself a disservice by not going to Dr Ball for a consultation.

One thing alot of the UK surgeons have in common is that they are very conservative in their hairlines.

RTC, agreed Dr Ball is a great doc, extremely conservative by nature. Unsure why you’re anti-mittal. A lot of people have had a great experience with him and one of the few dOC that actually cares, and is doing things properly, and only focusing on one patient a day. 

On 6/8/2023 at 9:44 PM, RTC said:

Thanks. Maitland clinic wont see me as im 29 and also I believe their hairlines are very conservative

I have been lookin at Dr Reddys work and he is not conservative at all. Thanks for the suggestion. I will most likely go to him first for a quote and then go from there

6 hours ago, Nelly said:

RTC, agreed Dr Ball is a great doc, extremely conservative by nature. Unsure why you’re anti-mittal. A lot of people have had a great experience with him and one of the few dOC that actually cares, and is doing things properly, and only focusing on one patient a day. 

Only other downside of Mittal is he has only been doing this for ~3 years I believe. The most dated thing I found was from 2019 I think

Mittal presents his cases well and his work looks clean. Because he’s surfaced fairly recently there isn’t many post 18 month cases yet though so to a degree it is a gamble.

From what I’ve seen however he has the potential to be a breakout star Dr in the next few years. One to keep an eye on.

23 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Mittal presents his cases well and his work looks clean. Because he’s surfaced fairly recently there isn’t many post 18 month cases yet though so to a degree it is a gamble.

From what I’ve seen however he has the potential to be a breakout star Dr in the next few years. One to keep an eye on.

>Mittal presents his cases well 

He doesnt though thats the thing, at least not on his website

The posted pictures are really unclear in the after photos and not close up. They are also in Light then dark which exaggerate a lot

But on the other hand I have seen forum posts of people post surgery with him and it does look like 'good' work. So it's a tough one as there is no way to see the results unless you wait a few years

He's a risk for sure

Edited by burnerboy808

4 hours ago, burnerboy808 said:

>Mittal presents his cases well 

He doesnt though thats the thing, at least not on his website

The posted pictures are really unclear in the after photos and not close up. They are also in Light then dark which exaggerate a lot

But on the other hand I have seen forum posts of people post surgery with him and it does look like 'good' work. So it's a tough one as there is no way to see the results unless you wait a few years

He's a risk for sure

His instagram / stories tend to have decent updates .

I agree he’s still a risk purely because he’s so new. The more independent reviews that come in the better. 

21 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

His instagram / stories tend to have decent updates .

I agree he’s still a risk purely because he’s so new. The more independent reviews that come in the better. 

I think any surgery poses risks. In the current climate it’s not just results but the amount of care and support you get, and god forbid something go wrong can your doc manage the complications. 

Hi, 

Sorry to jump on this thread but seemed relevant for me.

I’ve seen a number of surgeons for consultations in the UK including Dr Reddy.

I’ve ended up booking with Dr Greg Vida from the Harley Street Hair Clinic and wondered if anyone could share their experiences.

I had three consultations there in total, one was back in 2019 when I was told I was too young at the age of 26. 

I’ve then had another two in the last 6 months. The last one being April of this year when I made the decision to go ahead and book. 

I understand this clinic has been around a long time but I can’t help but find it a little confusing why I cannot find any feedback of the clinic or Dr Vida on this forum. 

I also found my consultation with Dr Reddy confusing as the initial conversation was around filling in the frontal temple recession up to 1800 grafts.

However my girlfriend attended the consultation and mentioned lowering my hairline slightly this then lead to Dr Reddy discussing a 2 day surgery where he would also fill in some of the gaps in my crown region.

when receiving my consultation I was given two options for either a 1 day or two day procedure which really confused me. The reason being is that every other consultation I’ve been to has refused to go into my crown region due to the amount of native hair and advising it could damaging the existing hairs. 

although I’m booked in at the HS Hair Clinic in September I’m still feeling very confused as to weather or not I’ve made the right decision and would be grateful for any advice/experiences anyone can share. 

Edited by Laurie H

11 hours ago, Laurie H said:

Hi, 

Sorry to jump on this thread but seemed relevant for me.

I’ve seen a number of surgeons for consultations in the UK including Dr Reddy.

I’ve ended up booking with Dr Greg Vida from the Harley Street Hair Clinic and wondered if anyone could share their experiences.

I had three consultations there in total, one was back in 2019 when I was told I was too young at the age of 26. 

I’ve then had another two in the last 6 months. The last one being April of this year when I made the decision to go ahead and book. 

I understand this clinic has been around a long time but I can’t help but find it a little confusing why I cannot find any feedback of the clinic or Dr Vida on this forum. 

I also found my consultation with Dr Reddy confusing as the initial conversation was around filling in the frontal temple recession up to 1800 grafts.

However my girlfriend attended the consultation and mentioned lowering my hairline slightly this then lead to Dr Reddy discussing a 2 day surgery where he would also fill in some of the gaps in my crown region.

when receiving my consultation I was given two options for either a 1 day or two day procedure which really confused me. The reason being is that every other consultation I’ve been to has refused to go into my crown region due to the amount of native hair and advising it could damaging the existing hairs. 

although I’m booked in at the HS Hair Clinic in September I’m still feeling very confused as to weather or not I’ve made the right decision and would be grateful for any advice/experiences anyone can share. 

Check out Dr. Manish Mittal and Ed Ball