Close to deciding on HT - Dr.Yaman or Dr.Keser???

Hi all,

I have consulted both Dr.Yaman and Dr.Keser. My hairloss is case is pretty minor, just lacking some density at the top, due to the diffuse type hairloss common for asian men. I'm trying to decide who i should go with. 

Dr.Yaman 

- Recommended 2500-3000 grafts. This seems a lot compared to other consults I got from others including Dr.Jerry Wong from Hasson and Wong (quoted for 2000 grafts)

- Very low in price (about 1/3 of price of Dr.Keser)

- One concern is 2500-3000 grafts may be over-quotation from the team and potentially leaving my donor area naked. Dr.Wong (who i got in-person consult with) diid tell me I only have about 3500 grafts in my donor area

Dr.Keser

-Recommended 1000-1500 grafts

-3.5 Euro/graft. Quite more expensive than Yaman

I'm still inbetween from these two doctors for HT. Any inputs would be appreciated.

P.S. For anyone who has traveled to Turkey from Canada for HT. Is there any "hack" for cheaper flights? The flights I can find are about $3000 round trip.

• Like 1

Dr Keser only does a low amount of grafts per day, personally i think both him and Dr Pekiner are doing the best work in Turkey. Dr Yaman is ok for affordable/Dr not all tech involvement but doesn’t compare in terms of results.

Edited by BRITA-XL
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Keser is top notch ...if you can afford 3.5 euros per graft than keser,Pekiner,de freitas,pinto,Ferreira ,ximena villa,pittela...you have got this many options and they are all excellent ...look results of all of them..book anyone from this according to your convenience and choice and you will not go wrong with either of them..😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Both doctors are good, different ones though. Keser is a more expensive option in turkey, while Yaman is a good value for money option. With both doctors you would get a good result..Good luck!

Edited by BaldGuy

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2023 at 5:51 AM, Bald47 said:

Dr. Yaman performed my surgery in Feb of this year I couldn’t be happier.  

Hi.

Any updates? Or pics? I am planning to do hair transplant with dr Yaman. But  a little worried. How are the results so far ? 

• Valued Contributor

@majearh99

In manual fue there is no motorised tool used to do extraction so that will take more time and less grafts can be extracted...plus dr keser extraction even less grafts when comparing to other doctors who are using manual fue technique and he considers it to be more safe...thats why dr keser takes around 3-4 days for a surgery of around 2.5k grafts 

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 6:26 PM, majearh99 said:

Keser does a manual FUE and will take 4 days for the surgery. Does anyone know why this method is different?

Most doc will operate one day for up to 2k grafts.

Hello @majearh99

Dr Keser uses the stick & place method which involves making an incision and placing the graft immediately. Additionally, there is only one nurse beside him to hand the grafts one by one. By this technique, he can harvest and implant 600-700 grafts in around 3,5 hours. This is important for the patient's comfort. As people assume, the operation doesn't take the whole day. By this way, he finishes the session with 2000-2500 grafts in 3-4 days and the patient doesn't get traumatized.

• Thanks 1