Turkey HT reviews on 3 options?

Bbeek

On 5/23/2023 at 7:53 AM, Gatsby said:

Dr Yaman is good. Forget the other two. Also look at Dr Bicer. What is your age and level of hair loss and are you on Finasteride, etc to stabilize your hair loss? 

Curious why I've not seen you recommend Pekiner for people looking in Turkey.  Is there something about his work that is off to you?  Personally, I think he's by far the best surgeon in Turkey.

• Like 1

Check out my journey here:

20 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Curious why I've not seen you recommend Pekiner for people looking in Turkey.  Is there something about his work that is off to you?  Personally, I think he's by far the best surgeon in Turkey.

Pekiner's results are superior to Bicer's, it's not even debatable. But you're right he is the best in Turkey at the moment, maybe HLC or Keser are closest to him 

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Nothing wrong with Pekiner at all. Their's a few I probably don't mention. Personally I'm more of a fan of Dr Bicer due to her two plus decade worth of experience, academic qualifications, professionalism and after care and the amount of results that have been published.

8 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Nothing wrong with Pekiner at all. Their's a few I probably don't mention. Personally I'm more of a fan of Dr Bicer due to her two plus decade worth of experience, academic qualifications, professionalism and after care and the amount of results that have been published.

Gotcha.  But if we look at results published, there have been a ton of Pekiner's work, and lots of it recently, that surpasses Bicer's work on most metrics (Nothing against Bicer, his recent work surpasses most HT surgeons).  I'm not debating whether Bicer does good work, I'm just curious why you don't recommend Pekiner when people bring up Turkey.  You're a guy who's very much in the HT community and I personally believe you have tons of knowledge on the topic.  I assumed there was something you simply didn't like about him, so I decided to ask.  I'm always willing to learn, no better way than asking :P

• Like 2

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor

Like I said he’s a good surgeon and I would be a liar if I said I was up to date with his work. I’ve never communicated with him personally. As for doctor Bicer I have communicated with her and know that she goes above and beyond when it comes to patient care. One patient for example was quite sick with food poisoning and rather than let him suffer in a hotel alone he stayed with Dr Bicer and her family instead. There are other aspects too that impress me about Dr Bicer (her philanthropy work with young children, etc) that are probably outside of the world of hair transplantation. She continually attends up to date seminars and doesn’t rest on her laurels. Now Dr Pekiner could be all this and more. But like I said I don’t know him but I am sure he is an excellent surgeon. What I am more interested in is preventing people getting butchered by bad surgeons in places like Turkey and supporting people who have been poorly disfigured as I once was. 

• Like 1