comparison of dr.de freitas and keser for the extension of the hairline by one centimetre

3 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

is it even worth it to get ht for 1 cm?

since my forehead is prominent, my face will be better framed with this procedure.

Dr Keser is a top surgeon in Turkey. He has great results and he is doing all the procedure by himself, while Freitas uses a tech to do the extraction but still he is a good surgeon. Personally i would select firstly keser then freitas.

Edited by BaldGuy

3 hours ago, BaldV said:

Freitas is no1 for hairline in my opinion, best thing is to look up cases from both and decide for yourself

Much looks similar in photos. It's difficult to make a decision with just photos. It seems to me that Freitas works more densely. I'm not sure.

13 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

1 cm can make a huge difference on framing of face.

definetly. but what you are thinking of this comparison? have you a opinion?

16 hours ago, duckling said:

i tried to find one case of freitas which might help you. (similar to your requirement)

r/HairTransplants - Clinica de Freitas 1800 grafts before and after. r/HairTransplants - Clinica de Freitas 1800 grafts before and after.

r/HairTransplants - Clinica de Freitas 1800 grafts before and after.

r/HairTransplants - Clinica de Freitas 1800 grafts before and after.

thanks. you come from the case with "keser 2500 grafts" (as reminder).

please see my other comparison with "keser vs. bisanga". than is for you clear, why i make this comparison.I don't want to address it in every post as it can be misunderstood.

a blanket recommendation for my case would be very helpful.

• Administrators

Why don’t you look up the reviews on this forum. Hairlines are subjective, someone may prefer Keser, and another may prefer De Freitas. Only you know which one you’ll prefer.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Why don’t you look up the reviews on this forum. Hairlines are subjective, someone may prefer Keser, and another may prefer De Freitas. Only you know which one you’ll prefer.

That's why I'm trying to get the opinion of experienced people. I have been following this topic very actively for years. I also had an HT performed by one of the doctors mentioned. (You can find out, what I think about the result in a previous post, if you want).  now the question arises for me, do i go to the same doctor or do i look for a "better" one. this is very difficult and stressful for me right now. so I ask for your understanding.  melvin i also follow you very actively and find your work very helpful. since you are a moderator and proceed in a balanced manner, you are welcome to send me your opinion privately. I would be very happy and thank you.

• 6 months later...
On 5/19/2023 at 1:46 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

is it even worth it to get ht for 1 cm?

yes! If someone has a smaller recession, it makes a HUGE difference.
Sometimes, in aesthetic medicine, the smaller procedures are that making the biggest difference.

11 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Keser doesnt use microscopes so i dont know how he can examine and dissect graft to create more singles for the jairline if needed. Between those two i would definitely choose de freitas.

i find it comical when patients who have no idea about the surgical procedures make blanket statements like this. Keser has his system that he will not share with anyone cause it is his system. Zarev does not use microscopes or loupes yet people here parade him around like he is the next coming of Christ. Every doctor has his system that they may or may not share with other patients or doctors. This is a very cut throat industry.  There is no doubt in my mind Keser deals with his patients at the highest ethics and integrity. 

I urge you to stop bulleting around points pressed on by mediocre docs as you need this or you need that. 

I know how Keser does what he does, it is not my place to say it. All i can say is a microscope is not needed for the way he runs things. He may even have it and just not use it. 

Another thing that gets paraded around a lot on this forum is hair transplant is a team effort. You need a team to do it well. Usually these type of statements are propped up by tech reliant clinics that are approved physicians on this forum. Clinics where doctors are home and checking on the final result through tech sent photos... And well this forum has a vested interest in it.

but calling out a spade as a spade is also important if this forum wants to achieve longevity otherwise within 5 years it will be in the dark dungeons of googles obsolete websites. 

Doctors like heitman, keser, pekinner clearly disprove that statement. At the end of the day the system the doctor sets up needs to work for THAT clinic and the patient needs to have trust in the doctor he chooses. OFten talking and having a consult once you narrow down the to a few choices will help you realize who you think is the right fit for you.

Edited by shiba1985

54 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

i find it comical when patients who have no idea about the surgical procedures make blanket statements like this. Keser has his system that he will not share with anyone cause it is his system. Zarev does not use microscopes or loupes yet people here parade him around like he is the next coming of Christ. Every doctor has his system that they may or may not share with other patients or doctors. This is a very cut throat industry.  There is no doubt in my mind Keser deals with his patients at the highest ethics and integrity. 

I urge you to stop bulleting around points pressed on by mediocre docs as you need this or you need that. 

I know how Keser does what he does, it is not my place to say it. All i can say is a microscope is not needed for the way he runs things. He may even have it and just not use it. 

This is not rocket science, you need microscopes to refine and dissect grafts if needed to create the most natural looking hairline. I would be highly suspicious at every doctor saying that he doesnt use microscopes and he has his own system that doesnt share with others because of this cut throat industry. If you are somehow affiliated with this doctor or if you work with him you should state it into your account otherwise this is considered shilling.

52 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

Another thing that gets paraded around a lot on this forum is hair transplant is a team effort. You need a team to do it well. Usually these type of statements are propped up by tech reliant clinics that are approved physicians on this forum. Clinics where doctors are home and checking on the final result through tech sent photos. And well this forum has a vested interest in it.

but calling out a spade as a spade is also important if this forum wants to achieve longevity otherwise within 5 years it will be in the dark dungeons of googles lost websites. 

Doctors like heitman, keser, pekinner clearly disprove that statement. At the end of the day the system the doctor sets up needs to work for THAT clinic and the patient needs to have trust in the doctor he chooses. OFten talking and having a consult once you narrow down the to a few choices will help you realize who you think is the right fit for you.

This could not be more far away from the turth. Hairtransplant is a team effort and the best doctors in the world will tell you that they have technisians working with them for more than a decade to make sure that their stuff is properly educated and they know what they are doing. Heitmann also has technisians to examine and sorten the grafts under microscope same as Pekiner.

12 minutes ago, jjalay said:

This could not be more far away from the turth. Hairtransplant is a team effort and the best doctors in the world will tell you that they have technisians working with them for more than a decade to make sure that their stuff is properly educated and they know what they are doing. Heitmann also has technisians to examine and sorten the grafts under microscope same as Pekiner.

Heitman does not have technicians. He does not have Traditional microscopes. Work is fantastic. 

pekinner has technicians. work is fantastic

Keser has technicians. work is fantastic

keser will inform you if you ask him how he makes sures there are singles in the hairline. You are associating not having a microscope with not being able to confirm singles in the hairline. 

I absolutely do not work for either of those three. I just know about the industry at a level that forum patients usually cannot or would not be able to know. 

I have no bone in the fight other than trying to rid of incorrect facts. you can go to defritas or keser whatever the patient pleases. 

20 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Will these best doctors also disclose to you when their well trained technician quits and they are training a brand new technician on "you"? will they risk losing revenue by disclosing that fact? just wondering what your logic tells you?  Do you believe in a team that uses 5 plus technicians to run the operation all 5 are "well trained" working there for "ten plus years"

23 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

Heitman does not have technicians. He does not have Traditional microscopes. Work is fantastic. 

pekinner has technicians. work is fantastic

Keser has technicians. work is fantastic

keser will inform you if you ask him how he makes sures there are singles in the hairline. You are associating not having a microscope with not being able to confirm singles in the hairline. 

I absolutely do not work for either of those three. I just know about the industry at a level that forum patients usually cannot or would not be able to know. 

I have no bone in the fight other than trying to rid of incorrect facts. you can go to defritas or keser whatever the patient pleases. 

If you have a double graft for example and the one follicle is in telogen phase and the other follicle in anagen phase the only way to see this is with microscopes, and i have seen such an example myself. How is this doctor going to see this without microscopes?

Both Pekiner and Heitmann are using microscopes, Heitmann has a technisian to examine and sorten the grafts.

21 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

Will these best doctors also disclose to you when their well trained technician quits and they are training a brand new technician on "you"? will they risk losing revenue by disclosing that fact? just wondering what your logic tells you?  Do you believe in a team that uses 5 plus technicians to run the operation all 5 are "well trained" working there for "ten plus years"

Well, you know what they say if you ask you are an idiot for 1 minute, if you dont ask you are an idiot for a lifetime. I would not only ask the doctor but a would ask to meet with the technisians that are going to be onmy surgery and ask them too about their experience with hairtransplant and for how long they have been working with this doctor.