Dr. Kostis (BHR) results

SY7

Dear members,

Does anyone have experience with Dr. Kostis alone at BHR Belgium? I was able to find some results but as an assistant of Dr. Bisanga and not alone. I heard there are packages of which you can book Dr. Kostis alone as well. He is also not on the recommended Doctor list (maybe a bit too soon?)

Thanks in advance,

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SY7 said:

Dear members,

Does anyone have experience with Dr. Kostis alone at BHR Belgium? I was able to find some results but as an assistant of Dr. Bisanga and not alone. I heard there are packages of which you can book Dr. Kostis alone as well. He is also not on the recommended Doctor list (maybe a bit too soon?)

Thanks in advance,

Sure @slor @Raphael84could help here 🙏

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure that every single BHR result has Dr. Kostis involvement

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

from what i have read about BHR clinic results. He is involved in all of their surgeries. I don't think why he can't do it solo. He is currently getting overshadowed but soon he will come on the list.

• Like 2

Thank you for the tag.

Dr.Kostis is not an assistant as such but a bonafide doctor in his own right now and has had extensive full emersion training with Dr.B for some years. Now he has his own patients and also as said here most of our results are a Dr.B/Dr.K shared surgery with both doctors performing punching and recipient site making. So, he is not in the role of a technician but as a doctor as such and shares responsibilities with Dr.B.

Here is a link to some cases and recipient site cutting for a crown for example and shared cases that have allowed us to post and a Dr.K exclusive result also. 

For more info please feel free to email ian@bhrclinic.com who will be happy to liaise with you and share more info on Dr.Kostis.

Edited by sl
  • Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Awesome! Thanks guys. Will make my decision to or go with him or stick to my initional choice, HDC. BHR a lot closer to home though and will also probably need BHT. Probably a little but same price as they are just in my budget. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

One last (random) question: are Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis very strict drawing hairline or is it possible to draw one in agreement with the patient? Dr. Bisanga drew a very conservative one during the consult a while ago. I am very aware that you never should go to low but for me the most important thing is to frame my face. Will also use it with fibers so I don’t care about the crown etc. I saw some comments from people who were thinking Dr. Bisanga his hairline is sometimes a bit too conservative? 

thanks!

PS. Do you need to pay VAT extra or is there a construction to avoid this?

Hi, if you had a cons then if possible please see the advisor who arranged it as they will have the data. We need to take into account age, meds, loss potential and how much the donor can give. So avoid front-loading and always think of future loss. The lower the hair line the more surface area is created to transplant into if you lose behind. Yes, of course the patient needs to be happy but it is good to have that vital education on what is wise and even a conservative hair line well done will frame the face and make a lot of difference. As said your advisor will have more empirical data so can be more specific than I can and will be happy to answer more. VAT also the advisor can assist and let you know the rules for VAT. Usually a patient will have a letter that describes the impact of hair loss on them from their GP or private doctor to then not have tax added to the surgery. The advisor will be able to point you in the right direction for the specifics on this.

If your consultation was more than six months ago then also it is worth sending fresh photos for an assessment just to see if things have changed.

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 1 month later...