Finasteride Dosage and Online Vendor

Hi all,

Almost 2 months into a FUE transplant on the front and crown. All looks great, apart from the shedding phase.

Ive been on LLLT since Jan and to be honest, im sick of spending 2 hours a week driving to the clinic to get it done and from reading here, its not the most effective solution long term.

That leaves me with wanting to try finasteride. Im cautious as to what dosage to start on and how often but ultimatelly, I dont want to throw my transplant down the toilet by not protecting it and the hair around it.

Questions:

1. If I take finasteride, then stop 12 months later due to side effects, what will happen. Will I have increased hairloss or simply go back to where I was 12 months prior?

2. What dosage is best to start on, and how many days a week? I take Biotin and Multivits at the moment so it could easily form part of the routine

3. Best places online to buy? UK Delivery

Many thanks

Edited by Jb4458
Stating my location

1.  you wont end up worse compared to when you wouldnt have taken any finasteride at all.

if you scared of sideeffects you could start with 0.025% topical solution (you need just crush finasterid pills and put it into either minox or stemoxydine)

most convenient is just to take 1mg per day oral

you could also lower the dose to lets say 0.5mg every second day etc

you have countless opinions 

3. depends where u live (customs)

@Jb4458,

Out of curiosity, is there a reason that you’re not already trying finasteride? A lot of doctors will recommend that patients undergoing surgery get on finasteride to help slow down, stop or a even help reverse some of the effects of male pattern baldness. Hair transplant surgery is great at restoring hair to completely bald or thinning areas, but does nothing to stop the progression of genetic hair loss a.k.a. androgenetic alopecia. Finasteride essentially is your best defense against its further progression, followed by minoxidil and then potentially followed by the likes of PRP, LLLT, etc.  But unless there is some kind of reason you’re not at least speaking to a doctor about using finasteride, I would definitely go ahead and do that.

i always suggest that those considering Propecia speak to a doctor in order to understand the advantages, disadvantages, and potential side effects of the medication.  But as far as the recommended dosage, it’s 1 mg per day.

In my opinion, speak to your hair, transplant, clinic and or a physician about potentially getting on finasteride ASAP. If you are concerned about losing additional natural hair.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

4 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Jb4458,

out of curiosity, is there a reason that you’re not already trying finasteride? A lot of doctors will recommend that patients undergoing surgery get on finasteride to help slow down, stop or a even help reverse some of the effects of male pattern baldness. Hair transplant. Surgery is great at restoring hair to completely bald or thinning areas, but does nothing to stop the progression of genetic hair loss a.k.a. androgenetic alopecia. Finasteride essentially is your best defense against its further progression, followed by minoxidil and then potentially followed by the likes of PRP, LLLT, etc.  but unless there is some kind of reason, you’re not at least speaking to a doctor about using finasteride, I would definitely go ahead and do that. I always suggest that and then considering for Propecia speak to a doctor in order to understand the advantages, disadvantages, and potential side effects of the medication.  But as far as the recommended dosage, it’s 1 mg per day.  In my opinion, to your hair, transplant, clinic, and or a physician about potentially getting on finasteride ASAP. If you are concerned about losing additional natural hair. .

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Hi,

To cut the long story short. The clinic i saw and was put forward for a hair trasnplant from recommended LLLT only and kind of sold me the dream suggesting its all I would need. 4 months of LLLT then a few months every 4 years.... So i thought it would do the job.

Your post has made me very nervous that im late now, so I will look to start finasteride asap. Do I need to see a doctor before I start. Can I not just order a couple months worth online and go from there to see how the side effects are?

I have classic Male Pattern Baldness but it certinaly feels like its stopped or at least slowed down now that I am 37 (start at 18)

• Administrators

Questions:

1. If I take finasteride, then stop 12 months later due to side effects, what will happen. Will I have increased hairloss or simply go back to where I was 12 months prior?

You will lose all your gains. You may experience "catch up hair loss" which is basically all of the hairs the medication was preserving being lost.

2. What dosage is best to start on, and how many days a week? I take Biotin and Multivits at the moment so it could easily form part of the routine

If you want to try oral finasteride, its best to start off on 1mg 3x per week. Try a Monday, Wednesday, Friday split.

3. Best places online to buy? UK Delivery

You can get it prescribed from a variety of doctors. It's pretty cheap. Here's our list of surgeons, you can reach out to any of them in the EU to write you a script.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.