How Many Beard Hair Grafts can be Harvested out of this Beard ?

Hi Guys,

Planning to use some beard hair grafts for a Mid-Scalp Touch Up Procedure. According to you guys how many beard Hair Grafts do you think can be harvested out of this Beard ? I know it is not very thick and dense and full but whatever is visible and there how much do you think can be used ?

Beard-1.jpg

Beardd.jpg

Beardo.jpg

Edited by augustya

• Valued Contributor

Your beard is very sparse ...i guess around 300-400  if you take out all the healthy ones..but its just a wild guess...in person consultation with a surgeon can only give you proper estimate ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

53 minutes ago, duckling said:

the shadow area of neck is nearly empty already. You can still get grafts but at max 400-500 in my opinion. 

So if someone were to say oh well, you know you can have 800 to even 1000 grafts from that beard. That should sound impossible right ? 

1 hour ago, augustya said:

So if someone were to say oh well, you know you can have 800 to even 1000 grafts from that beard. That should sound impossible right ? 

taking 1000 from under the chin for you is very tough. Scarring might become visible as you will have so much less beard to cover them. But because that area is not visible to anyone standing in front of you so people take that risk.

If someone has suggested you 1000 from beard then they might also be planning to take grafts which are not limited to under the chin. They might be planning to take some grafts from jaw, moustache, sideburn, cheek area too.

Eugenix are particularly good at taking from the beard area, this may include other areas apart from the usual directly under the chin. As you’re beard seems to have more to the left and right of this area then homogenised extraction could actually leave it looking more uniform. Dr Umar is another that has a long history of Beard/BHT extractions in higher numbers.
Im always interested in Beard extraction cases as it’s something im also looking at doing. 
I remember being told that my beard could have 300 grafts taken be one Dr, and then 4000 grafts by Eugenix 😂 quite the difference… 

Seeing it in person would be the only way to know for sure, but yeah maybe 600-800…? 

Edited by BRITA-XL
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Sorry it’s really weak. 1000 grafts might mean they want to completely take out your beard. I don’t know if that’s what you want. 

8 hours ago, BRITA-XL said:

Eugenix are particularly good at taking from the beard area, this may include other areas apart from the usual directly under the chin. As you’re beard seems to have more to the left and right of this area then homogenised extraction could actually leave it looking more uniform. Dr Umar is another that has a long history of Beard/BHT extractions in higher numbers.
Im always interested in Beard extraction cases as it’s something im also looking at doing. 
I remember being told that my beard could have 300 grafts taken be one Dr, and then 4000 grafts by Eugenix 😂 quite the difference… 

Seeing it in person would be the only way to know for sure, but yeah maybe 600-800…? 

Yes, I think we spoke only about the Shadow area, So even the Dr was a bit hesitant in suggesting we will be able to go pass 500 Beard Grafts in my case. But someone also told me 800 that got me all pepped up and excited !! Hence confirming here.

@augustya,

I agree with some of the other members who said that your beard looks a bit sparse and since hair is often taken slightly below the jawbone in order to minimize the appearance of scarring, you may have a couple hundred (300ish) grafts that could be harvested for transplanting based on the photos I’m seeing.

Now, this is just strictly my opinion as a patient advisor and not an assessment by Dr. Rahal.

But based on information I’ve collected and actual assessments by Dr. Rahal on other patients, i’d venture a guess that you may have somewhere between 200 to 400 hairs available for transplanting from the beard.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

17 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@augustya,

I agree with some of the other members who said that your beard looks a bit sparse and since hair is often taken slightly below the jawbone in order to minimize the appearance of scarring, you may have a couple hundred (300ish) grafts that could be harvested for transplanting based on the photos I’m seeing.

Now, this is just strictly my opinion as a patient advisor and not an assessment by Dr. Rahal.

But based on information I’ve collected and actual assessments by Dr. Rahal on other patients, i’d venture a guess that you may have somewhere between 200 to 400 hairs available for transplanting from the beard.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

When you say below the Jawbone you mean to say Shadow area right ? But are you suggesting your best bet would be 300 or 400 ? because we are talking a difference of 100 Hair Grafts and for a Person looking to cover his balding head this mean a lot of Grafts and hold  a lot of significance 🙂

So would you say I can push for even 400 Hair Grafts from the Beard even if it is looking slightly tight there around 300 ?

• Valued Contributor

It really depends ‘who’ is doing the work when it comes to utilizing beard grafts as a secondary donor source. I have an average beard and I’ve had in total over 7,000 grafts extracted by Eugenix and I can still grow a beard. It’s hard to tell without seeing your cheeks. But I would imagine in the hands of Dr Sethi at least 3,000. Sounds crazy I know but it works. 

• Moderators

How many you can get depends a lot on how aggressive you are willing to be. Are you OK with using as much as possible and not being able to grow a beard, are you willing to go beyond the underneath area and use some hair from the sideburns and/or frontal chin area, etc. For example, Gatsby who posted above me got a lot of grafts from the sideburn area which allowed him to get a lot more than if he were to stay mostly under the chin.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

14 hours ago, BeHappy said:

How many you can get depends a lot on how aggressive you are willing to be. Are you OK with using as much as possible and not being able to grow a beard, are you willing to go beyond the underneath area and use some hair from the sideburns and/or frontal chin area, etc. For example, Gatsby who posted above me got a lot of grafts from the sideburn area which allowed him to get a lot more than if he were to stay mostly under the chin.

Well to begin with I am not a Man blessed with a lot of Beard Hair, so Beard Hair is a rare commodity for me. So I don’t know going aggressive is going to help anything because there has to be some goods to be delivered. Yes, Side Locks would have been one desirable and promising area which would have something exciting in store for me, but sadly I have been told the Max that we can get out of there is 70 or 90 Hair Grafts and that’s it. This is including both the sides SideLocks.