LipoDut or DutMeso from anagenica.com

olmert

https://anagenica.com is really bad at communicating. Most of my emails are ignored. 

I got from them "DutMeso .01%" https://anagenica.com/product/dutmeso-0-01/

1. So do I use an electric micro-needler to poke 1 mm holes, and then apply 2 mL once a week?

2. The bottle has 60 mL. At 2 mL/week, it would last 30 weeks, but it says it is only good 3 month. You lose one month to shipping. So am I supposed to throw the bottle out after 8 weeks using only 16 mL (2 mL/week)?

3. It looks to me that they have a product where you don't microneedle LipoDut .05%.  https://anagenica.com/product/lipodut-0-1/   What is better  LipoDut .05%, or microneedling with DutMeso .01% ? 

4. Should I use them both? It says you can. "This formulation can be used together with CB-03-01 or Dutasteride Mesotherapy."  https://www.fueclinic.com/services/treatments/lipodut/ 

Thanks. 

Edited by olmert

I haven't had any issue communicating with them. Though sometimes I do need to ask for some clarification. 

I personally use the Dut mesotherapy at the moment. Mainly I wanted to see if something with a once a week application would do the job at maintaining my hair. So far so good. No side effects, and no noticeable loss from making the switch from oral finasteride. Maybe still too early though. 

I personally use a 0.5mm dermaroller in the areas I want to apply the solution, and then apply the 2ml afterwards. I do that once a week, as instructed by the pharmacy. It's a bit uncomfortable to be honest. The solution burns a bit on the needled skin and leaves the scalp "hard"/ and a bit sensitive for a day or two. 

From what I was told there is enough solution for 30 weeks, but they can only guarantee full strength for the mentioned 4 months. You'll most likely still be fine using it after, it just might no longer have 100% strength. I'll definitely use it until I run out. 

I don't see a point in using both the mesotherapy and the topical together and also the CB. What makes the topicals interesting is that it's a way of limiting side effects, and using so much so often would negate that. Might as well use oral Dut at that point.

I'd probably recommend the LipoDut for you. Seems like sides are less likely and not having to microneedle (and ending up with the sore scalp) is quite enticing. 

23 minutes ago, Anon94 said:

I'd probably recommend the LipoDut for you. Seems like sides are less likely and not having to microneedle (and ending up with the sore scalp) is quite enticing. 

I micro needle anyway 1.5 mm   three times a week. Some doctors think it grows hair. It is a bit painful. You don't really get used to the pain. 

I think the anagenica.com website says you can use both LipoDut .05% and DutMeso .01% because we simply don't know whether both might do more a bit more good than one alone. There isn't much data. 

I suspect DutMeso .01% does more than LipoDut .05%. It just seems logical there should be some payoff from the needle pain; it might penetrate deeper; it might also unfortunately go systemic more with more sex effects.  All speculation. 

• Administrators

Why don’t you substitute CB for CosmeRNA? I think it would be more effective. CB isn’t very good tbh.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

An update after about a month of LipoDut, after being on Anagenica/Farmacia Topical Dut for 3 months.

My hair has thinned in that time, and I'm only on 60-70mg TRT.

Even when I take around 1ml once a week, I have ED issues most of the day.

My main frontal scalp area has thinned, to the point where after I got a haircut this week I can now see my scalp a little bit from the front.

I think I'm going to switch back to topical Fin (got a ton of bottles of them), and add in an anti-androgen like CB. I'll check out CosmeRNA mentioned above. 

I think the issue I see with topical Dut is that because I can only take it once a week, if I miss certain areas of the scalp, I'm kinda screwed. I'd rather take 0.25mg topical fin 5 days a week, at least I'll end up getting most of the scalp. Even going back to 1.5mg oral fin a week is a possibility tbh

Edited by Ronnieman

6 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

An update after about a month of LipoDut, after being on Anagenica/Farmacia Topical Dut for 3 months.

My hair has thinned in that time, and I'm only on 60-70mg TRT.

Even when I take around 1ml once a week, I have ED issues most of the day.

My main frontal scalp area has thinned, to the point where after I got a haircut this week I can now see my scalp a little bit from the front.

I think I'm going to switch back to topical Fin (got a ton of bottles of them), and add in an anti-androgen like CB. I'll check out CosmeRNA mentioned above. 

I think the issue I see with topical Dut is that because I can only take it once a week, if I miss certain areas of the scalp, I'm kinda screwed. I'd rather take 0.25mg topical fin 5 days a week, at least I'll end up getting most of the scalp. Even going back to 1.5mg oral fin a week is a possibility tbh

what made u make the switch from the anagenica dut to the lipo-dut?