6 month plus 1 week update pictures.

wantego

Thanks headinahole. I do want more growth and more thickening. I think we all probably do. icon_smile.gif

Thanks Chuckisduck. I'm definitely optimistic. I'm nearing my 7th month. The last 4 months have flown by fast! icon_smile.gif

Thanks TheKMan. I really do not even know what a stylist does but I agree with you. I have a trip planned for around May to see some relatives. My goal is to look really good for that trip. I should be around 10 months then so I will look for a stylist.

LOL Eman, my hair is not "too thick". Its just normal hair. I will follow your advice though and look for a good hair style in a 2-3 months. Until then I may just let it grow. The 2 dime size spots in the crown are a bit of a concern but I'm not going to worry about them since my other areas are improving As always I look forward to your picks. Like I said before I feel like we are in this together since we used the same doctor just a couple of months apart. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wantego,

Your progress is very impressive. Not everyone is fortunate as you to have such density. Your hair count is very good for the number of grafts you received. I've seen number of Dr. Rahal's patients now and they all look fantastic. Congrats!

Originally posted by Janna:

Wantego,

Your progress is very impressive. Not everyone is fortunate as you to have such density. Your hair count is very good for the number of grafts you received. I've seen number of Dr. Rahal's patients now and they all look fantastic. Congrats!

Thanks Jana. I really appreciate that. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 2 months later...

Hey Wantego, did you delete your blog?

I did catch the picture after your haircut, but don't you have some more thickening to come?

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

Originally posted by aWidowsPeek:

Have you talked to Rahal about the gaps on your one side?

Hi aWidowsPeek,

I sent a few pictures to Dr Rahal this past weekend and yesterday. Adrian responded to me today. He thinks it is best to wait till the 12th month before evaluating. Thankfully the gaps do not show as clearly if my hair is longer. One concern is I will have to cut my hair short again at 12 months to get a proper evaluation via pictures. While I am concerned I guess there is nothing I can do so I will try not to think about it. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by SpaceBetween:

Hey Wantego, did you delete your blog?

I did catch the picture after your haircut, but don't you have some more thickening to come?

Hi SpaceBetween,

I reactivated my blog. I'm sorry for the delay. I would love to have some more thickening or some more growth in the gaps. That would be an answer to my prayers. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Want- I actually like how your hair looks short. Have you tried maybe putting some product in your hair- gel, wax, and other stuff the kind of do a "messy" look? (sorry, not too sure about terminology of hair products...YET!!)

I like it and agree with Adrian, but even more time is probably neede as has been stated on here before. 18-months will see a difference from the 12-months.

Keep thickening!!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by Eman:

Want- I actually like how your hair looks short. Have you tried maybe putting some product in your hair- gel, wax, and other stuff the kind of do a "messy" look? (sorry, not too sure about terminology of hair products...YET!!)

I like it and agree with Adrian, but even more time is probably neede as has been stated on here before. 18-months will see a difference from the 12-months.

Keep thickening!!

Hi Eman,

I like my hair short as well but the gaps have me a bit self conscious when it is this short. The gaps I have noticed have actually concerned me for a while. I do not know if waiting till 12 months will fix them but I will be extremely pleased if the next 2 months does help them at all. icon_smile.gif

I'm hoping I can find some good middle ground between short with gaps and long but not very manageable. I do not put any products in my hair. I always play things safe and I'm concerned that some products could be bad for the scalp. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego,

What did Dr. Rahal say about the difference in density on one side so far?

I do agree that it's possible that over the next couple of months you may experience some additional growth, covering any gaps. I guess only time will tell.

Overall though, your hair looks terrific - huge improvement!

Best wishes,

Bill

Wantego, your growth has been phenominal and you left the balded kingdom long ago! icon_smile.gif I see what you mean about the weak spot, and how it gets exposed when short; but, it really doesn't have any appreciable difference on how you look or how you can style your hair for most intents and purposes, IMHO. I wish you more growth there, of course, but even if nothing dramatic changes aside from hair quality in the coming months, you're mint!

Btw, re: hair products...many of the newer ones are actually designed to be pro-scalp....generally they are of the more expensive variety, but nonetheless, something to consider. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Wantego,

What did Dr. Rahal say about the difference in density on one side so far?

I do agree that it's possible that over the next couple of months you may experience some additional growth, covering any gaps. I guess only time will tell.

Overall though, your hair looks terrific - huge improvement!

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the well wishes. I only heard back from Adrian but he said they reviewed my pictures. While the larger gaps are mostly on that one side there are smaller gaps on the other side as well. Adrian said it was best to wait to at least 12 months post to get a fair idea of maximum growth and density ??“ we can then evaluate at that time.

Some people do not see what I see because the picture was in overcast light through a window. Looking in the bathroom mirror light it is more noticeable and a concern for me unfortunately.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Wantego, your growth has been phenominal and you left the balded kingdom long ago! icon_smile.gif I see what you mean about the weak spot, and how it gets exposed when short; but, it really doesn't have any appreciable difference on how you look or how you can style your hair for most intents and purposes, IMHO. I wish you more growth there, of course, but even if nothing dramatic changes aside from hair quality in the coming months, you're mint!

Btw, re: hair products...many of the newer ones are actually designed to be pro-scalp....generally they are of the more expensive variety, but nonetheless, something to consider. icon_smile.gif

thanatopsis_awry,

I appreciate your kind words and information on hair products. If you saw me up close with my hair short I think you might think differently than the low light picture. If there were no gaps I would not feel bald and when my hair is longer I may not feel bald. With the gaps in person it is noticeable with my hair short so it is a concern of mine. I did not post any pics in my bathroom light because I felt that made it look worse than it is but the low light kind of picture makes it look better. I'm finding lighting and length of hair make a difference in pictures. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Guys I was not trying to make an issue out of my current situation. I actually purposefully did not make a new thread publicly regarding it but aWidowsPeek noticed the picture on my blog and bumped this thread asking me about it so I figured I should answer his question. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego,

I know it's tough to hear that you have to wait longer before being reviewed but in the grand scheme of things it's not too long. It'll be here before you know it. In the meantime, hairs do grow so your hair will be back to same length before cutting it last week. Even if you do need a touch up or tweaking, it should be minimal and easily taken care of...nothing like your 4000+ session. Let hope there's a lot more thickening - if not, then it's a easy remedy.

I hope you end up with thick enough hair for you to find your ego - or at least allow you to cut your hair to the short style cut - to me you look younger. All the best.

Originally posted by Janna:

Wantego,

I know it's tough to hear that you have to wait longer before being reviewed but in the grand scheme of things it's not too long. It'll be here before you know it. In the meantime, hairs do grow so your hair will be back to same length before cutting it last week. Even if you do need a touch up or tweaking, it should be minimal and easily taken care of...nothing like your 4000+ session. Let hope there's a lot more thickening - if not, then it's a easy remedy.

I hope you end up with thick enough hair for you to find your ego - or at least allow you to cut your hair to the short style cut - to me you look younger. All the best.

Thanks Janna,

Actually it is not tough for me to wait another 2 months to evaluate. I'm a pretty patient guy. I do prefer the short hair look as well so if the gaps would fill in I would keep it short for sure. I would prefer not to have to keep my hair longer to cover up gaps. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I know you say that it looks worse when you look in the mirror, but based on that pic you look great. Hopefully more thickening will come.

Plus, think about it, your temples were bald before. Looking good, wantego!

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

Originally posted by wantego:

Actually it is not tough for me to wait another 2 months to evaluate. I'm a pretty patient guy.

smiley.jpg