9 days post op question

Hi guys,

I am 9 days post op and looking at my post op instructions and had some questions. 

1.) it said not to bend until the swelling is completely gone (7-10 days) and head should be above heart level as the pressure can dislodge the grafts. It said to try to keep your chin parallel to the ground. 

normal life requires me to grab things; slightly lean forward to look at my phone, computer. When I have bent over for picking up clothes I bent at my knees and never aimed my head at the floor.

i feel like on day 9 now I should be able to just not worry about this-can bending at this point if I have any minor swelling really dislodge my grafts? I would love to know if this really happens to anyone, this seems like overkill to me at day 9. I can’t keep my chin parallel to the ground 24/7 lol. Even as I type this I am looking down at my phone. 

2.) at night I went on a 3 mile walk today, slowly because I was so tired of being stuck at home.

from this article: https://nashvillehairdoctor.com/fue/recovery-tips/important-tips/https://nashvillehairdoctor.com/fue/recovery-tips/important-tips/

It says there is nothing I can really do post op past day 5 to make my grafts fall out without a blunt force trauma or surgical intervention. Other members have basically told me all I have to do is just not ram my head into a poll and I’ll be fine at this point. 

is adding a 3 mile daily walk to my routine fine? @Melvin- Moderator @HappyMan2021 @Smacias15 @Rahal Hair Transplant @slI would appreciate any insight!

Edited by Ralph kaka

• Ralph kaka changed the title to 9 days post op question

First surgery is always hard and the patient can be extra light fingered and careful so totally understandable.

Swelling usually peaks after a few days and then goes down by day 4/5 or so if one sleeps elevated for a few days, has fluids, massages well to encourage it to drop and I cannot speak for your clinic as such and their post op. If you chose a clinic then it is based on results and trust and that includes this period also but for me personally this now would be overkill and the patient is washing and massaging well also by this stage. I had a lot of surgery and never had same approach as prescribed above myself to that degree of caution. 

I myself walked a lot and got fresh air and stress release that gentle exercise affords but at this stage you should be edging back to normal routines regards to doing daily tasks. If you had Strip then you will need to be careful in some additional ways but not sure what procedure you had. 

Take care, have a nice walk and send us a photo of the scenery is my opinion. 

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

It’s OK to lean a little like for eating, looking at phone etc. I did the mistake of picking something up from floor and lifting a heavy suitcase during 3 days and had minor swelling. But after 9 days the risk should be low. 

Remember it’s not just dislodging grafts but your skin was being poked at and hurt really bad. That’s also why you need to relax to let not just grafts but the skin heal as well. 

• Like 2