Nipple sensitivity from topical fin. Does it go away, or is it a sign of future gynecomastia to come?

Hi all.

I recently tried to go back on fin after a 6-year break after a 1-year usage that I had stopped due to sexual sides (ED during sex, reduced Ejaculatory volume, diminished orgasm/weird ejaculation feeling.

I tried a topical fin, the Fluence brand, .25% topical fin with caffeine, ketoconazole, and vitamin D that I had gotten from Eugenix HT clinic.

I have been applying it every day for about a month now. Last week I noticed that I began having nipple sensitivity and stopped using it. Thought it was just a mind thing at first, but I kept experiencing it repeatedly for days afterward, especially in the morning. I also notices that my nipples were more sensitive when I lay down on my chest, which I had to stop doing bc it was uncomfortable.

I do not see any physical changes to the nipples, but I wonder if this is something that will eventually go away with continued usage, or a sign of worst things to come like gyno or puffy nipples that is irreversible.

Would like to hear thoughts, especially from ppl who have had nipple sensitivity in the past or present from fin in any form.

Edited by 12345

• Valued Contributor

There are very less % of people who experience such side effects and you can be one of them...you can consult a good local doctor for this and take his opinion ....its can be a mind thing and it may disappear soon but in this things you should not take chance ..you should first consult a good local doctor and seek his advice...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

please see a doctor for an accurate diagnosis. 

my 1st impression is that Fin is yet again being thrown under the bus and being scapegoated for a mystery ailment. There are many causes of nipple sensitivity...

Regardless of what you do or what the actual diagnosis is, I advise you to stop taking Fin and pursue alternative hairloss treatments. 

Since you are already convinced in your mind that Fin is causing your nipples to be extra sensitive (whether accurate or not), I fail to see how continuing to take this medication will lead to your positive well-being. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

please see a doctor for an accurate diagnosis. 

my 1st impression is that Fin is yet again being thrown under the bus and being scapegoated for a mystery ailment. There are many causes of nipple sensitivity...

Regardless of what you do or what the actual diagnosis is, I advise you to stop taking Fin and pursue alternative hairloss treatments. 

Since you are already convinced in your mind that Fin is causing your nipples to be extra sensitive (whether accurate or not), I fail to see how continuing to take this medication will lead to your positive well-being. 

Convinced in my mind that it is causing nipple sensitivity????

So if I start taking a new medication that is known to cause nipple sensitivity as a side effect, and after 1-month use begin having nipple sensitivity, I cannot contribute it to the fin, is there is not other change in my lifestyle or medications? come onnnnnnnn

STOP SPILLING THIS "ALL IN YOUR HEAD" NONSENSE". 

4 minutes ago, 12345 said:

Convinced in my mind that it is causing nipple sensitivity????

So if I start taking a new medication that is known to cause nipple sensitivity as a side effect, and after 1-month use begin having nipple sensitivity, I cannot contribute it to the fin, is there is not other change in my lifestyle or medications? come onnnnnnnn

STOP SPILLING THIS "ALL IN YOUR HEAD" NONSENSE". 

can you clarify what your actual question is then? OK - Fin is 110% causing your nipples to be sensitive. If this is a fact, then I personally would stop taking Fin. 

In this case, I would agree with @Sunset Dune and this will ultimately lead to gyno. Saving your hair is not worth male gyno. I don't see how someone would have a sudden onset of nipple sensitivity and it would just stop with that being the only symptom. Continued use of Fin will only make it worse. 

4 hours ago, 12345 said:

Hi all.

I recently tried to go back on fin after a 6-year break after a 1-year usage that I had stopped due to sexual sides (ED during sex, reduced Ejaculatory volume, diminished orgasm/weird ejaculation feeling.

I tried a topical fin, the Fluence brand, .25% topical fin with caffeine, ketoconazole, and vitamin D that I had gotten from Eugenix HT clinic.

I have been applying it every day for about a month now. Last week I noticed that I began having nipple sensitivity and stopped using it. Thought it was just a mind thing at first, but I kept experiencing it repeatedly for days afterward, especially in the morning. I also notices that my nipples were more sensitive when I lay down on my chest, which I had to stop doing bc it was uncomfortable.

I do not see any physical changes to the nipples, but I wonder if this is something that will eventually go away with continued usage, or a sign of worst things to come like gyno or puffy nipples that is irreversible.

Would like to hear thoughts, especially from ppl who have had nipple sensitivity in the past or present from fin in any form.

I've tried finasteride 4 times now. Each time I get ED and similar to you, nipple sensitivity and increased puffiness. The nipple effects usually kicks in after a few weeks and settles before the ED, which always seems to last longer.

0.25% is 2.5mg per ml which is actually a strong dose and I would argue 0.025% should be enough for most.

You could try and reduce the dose and or frequency. If it continues I'd see a doctor incase it's something else...always better safe than sorry.

For me, even low dose topical fin does the exact same to me...sadly! 

30 minutes ago, Follicle1984 said:

I've tried finasteride 4 times now. Each time I get ED and similar to you, nipple sensitivity and increased puffiness. The nipple effects usually kicks in after a few weeks and settles before the ED, which always seems to last longer.

0.25% is 2.5mg per ml which is actually a strong dose and I would argue 0.025% should be enough for most.

You could try and reduce the dose and or frequency. If it continues I'd see a doctor incase it's something else...always better safe than sorry.

For me, even low dose topical fin does the exact same to me...sadly! 

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

I am sure I overdosed applying the topical to a large area of the scalp, as it is not dispensed in a pre-measured amount. I literally dip my finger in a jar and apply to areas of thinning which for me, is a crown, and vertex.

It has been about 5 days since my last application. the sensitivity has decreased where I can lay flat on my chest, but I still feel a sensation in both nipples. I think I will stop the gel for the pill bc its a more measured amount, but am waiting for the nipple stuff to stop before. 

1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

I had sensitivity in my nipples early on when I started fin, it ended up going away for me and never developed gyno

thanks for your thoughtful response 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 12345 said:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

I am sure I overdosed applying the topical to a large area of the scalp, as it is not dispensed in a pre-measured amount. I literally dip my finger in a jar and apply to areas of thinning which for me, is a crown, and vertex.

It has been about 5 days since my last application. the sensitivity has decreased where I can lay flat on my chest, but I still feel a sensation in both nipples. I think I will stop the gel for the pill bc its a more measured amount, but am waiting for the nipple stuff to stop before. 

Sounds like a reasonable plan.

I actually was quite shocked the first time i got the nipple sode effects. Thinking back it may have occurred closer to 1 or 2 months into my first time using fin. I had been using topical and gradually increased the dose to about 0.25 to 0.5mg every day. I remember for afew days noticing my chest aching and not being sure why. Thinking it was being sat in a drafty cafe near the door and I was cold. I literally hadn't twigged it could be fin for afew days of it, then suddenly remembered it was a possible side effect. So im pretty sure it wasn't nocebo. Also, my nipples were literally 3 or 4 times their usual small size most times I started looking. When I go off fin, 9 times out of 10 they are a smaller size when i look.

Unfortunately even when I stuck to 0.25mg every day topically this eventually happened again.  And again went away after ceasing the drug.

Edited by Follicle1984

2 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

Sounds like a reasonable plan.

I actually was quite shocked the first time i got the nipple sode effects. Thinking back it may have occurred closer to 1 or 2 months into my first time using fin. I had been using topical and gradually increased the dose to about 0.25 to 0.5mg every day. I remember for afew days noticing my chest aching and not being sure why. Thinking it was being sat in a drafty cafe near the door and I was cold. I literally hadn't twigged it could be fin for afew days of it, then suddenly remembered it was a possible side effect. So im pretty sure it wasn't nocebo. Also, my nipples were literally 3 or 4 times their usual small size most times I started looking. When I go off fin, 9 times out of 10 they are a smaller size when i look.

Unfortunately even when I stuck to 0.25mg every day topically this eventually happened again.  And again went away after ceasing the drug.

thanks for sharing your story. Do you remember how long did it take for the sensation to cease once you stopped the drug? I can still feel mine as I type this on day 4 off the drug.

I never had this on oral fin. I assume its bc of increased dosagesm but I also wonder if our bodies response to dht blockers change with time. the last time I took fin I was in my twenties almost a decade ago, and now that I'm in my 30s I find that I am sensitive to the different anti-dht/anti-androgens: pantosin, Winlevi, even nizoral shampoo. 

19 hours ago, 12345 said:

thanks for sharing your story. Do you remember how long did it take for the sensation to cease once you stopped the drug? I can still feel mine as I type this on day 4 off the drug.

I never had this on oral fin. I assume its bc of increased dosagesm but I also wonder if our bodies response to dht blockers change with time. the last time I took fin I was in my twenties almost a decade ago, and now that I'm in my 30s I find that I am sensitive to the different anti-dht/anti-androgens: pantosin, Winlevi, even nizoral shampoo. 

It seemed to clear and settle down within a few weeks. The ED seemed to take longer...sometimes 6 to 8 weeks.

Never really heard of people getting nipple issues from pantostin or nizoral shampoo. Or do you mean they gave you other sides?

I guess as we age hormone profiles change. Testosterone may be lower, estrogen may be higher. Consequently we may need more DHT to negate estrogen and make up for lower testosterone. 

Have you ever tried topical dutasterise out if curiosity?

5 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

It seemed to clear and settle down within a few weeks. The ED seemed to take longer...sometimes 6 to 8 weeks.

Never really heard of people getting nipple issues from pantostin or nizoral shampoo. Or do you mean they gave you other sides?

I guess as we age hormone profiles change. Testosterone may be lower, estrogen may be higher. Consequently we may need more DHT to negate estrogen and make up for lower testosterone. 

Have you ever tried topical dutasterise out if curiosity?

What I have tried

oral fin?: used for 1 year: sides were ball ache for just a few hours within a week of taking it. i noticed that masturbating my ejaculations felt normal, but when with a female partner ejaculations felt off. reduced orgasm, less semen, and less power to ejaculate. eventually, I would drop erections during sex.  quit after 1 year.

pantosin for a few days: it shut me off down there completely. could not get erections, difficult time stimulating myself to masterbate. no morning wood etc.  i was shocked by this, as this was allegedly "weak" compared to fin. maybe I put too much on the scalp? but effects were felt faster than fin,

winlevi: after 3 days use, ball pain that grew from mild to intense. intermittent ball pain lasted weeks afters stopping. had to go to the doctor just to make sure I didn't break something.

topical fin: used for about a month, every other day. mild ball ache, and sometimes headache and feeling like you were coming down with the flu the last few times taking it. i quit last week when i began having nipple sensitivity.

have not tried topical dut.

1 hour ago, SoSoz said:

Just ditch this drug, get cosmerna, minoxidil and nizoral. 

very happy cosmerna is finally on the market, but like many, cautious of the side effects of a new drug with no guarantee of only targeting the dht receptors in the scalp.