Fasting after a hair transplant

It’s commonly known that fasting is great for cell regeneration. So I was wondering, in an ideal world where you’re consuming all the right nutrients, will fasting after a hair transplant actually speed up healing and improve end results? 

Of course I know there is probably a lack of research, but would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts. 

Hard to know, as there's no research per say.  But one thing is for sure, not fasting won't cause harm.  Why risk it?  Maybe the temporary lack of nutrients causes your body to go into a starvation mode where it prioritizes fast scarring of skin to block up injuries, and less so on creating new capilaries and blood sources for grafts, ending up rejecting them?

I don't think it's worth experimenting with someone like fasting under very niche conditions that we have no information about.

Check out my journey here:

@Bej520,

What you’re saying sounds great in theory but there’s no evidence that fasting after hair transplant surgery will promote or aid faster healing or growth. In fact, because hair transplantation is a surgical procedure, keeping your body hydrated and providing it with the right nutrients is important for the overall healing process.  while fasting for a day likely won’t harm anything or prevent healing, it’s not going to facilitate or expedite it either.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

17 hours ago, Bej520 said:

It’s commonly known that fasting is great for cell regeneration. So I was wondering, in an ideal world where you’re consuming all the right nutrients, will fasting after a hair transplant actually speed up healing and improve end results? 

Of course I know there is probably a lack of research, but would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts. 

I'm currently taking a few supplements to potentially aid in recovery and speed up hair growth.

I'm taking Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Glucosamine/MSM, and High EPA fish oil.  I bought some Biotin too, so I will be taking that soon as well.  These are all supposed to aid in hair and nail growth, with some being anti-inflammatories.  

I usually don't take vitamins or supplements, but I figure why not try it out during this postop phase.  I'll report back here in a few months if I feel like it did anything, lol.